Souness

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

Absolutely gutted when Shepherd appointed him and I never supported him durinmg his entire tenure at SJP, but I would have him back like a shot now!  Any other takers?

The only man in the world ever to think Ameobi could do a job on the wing. 

The only manager I've heard say that professional footballers should not need to be told what to do, they should know without being told.

He dismantled a Champions League Squad and assembled a Championshit squad.

Although I don't want to go over old ground here, in footballing terms, not the board room side of it, Souness is the sole reason as to why the rot started, and we still haven't fully recovered as a football club from his tenure here.

Guest Brazilianbob

I hate myself for evening suggesting this but whats the alternative?  Stick with Hughton?

I hate myself for evening suggesting this but whats the alternative?  Stick with Hughton?

I think it's an impossible task asking to get anyone in right now who could have any sort of impact.

Well Ashley was there and surely he has to be thinking that we need a manager in, even a propper manager until JK is fit, not my choice but Ashley seems to be keen on sticking with JK.

Huoghton going on like we were robbed and that we played well fkn hell it was a disjointed mess, even when Bolton sat back and we had planty of the ball we created very little. Yes we should have had a pen but you cannot rely on those things to get you points.

Souness is a massive no go but El Tel could do a job for a few games.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put this thread down to desperation. It would be like shagging the ugliest and fattest girlfriend you've ever had, except you never cum and she just strangles you to death.

Although I don't want to go over old ground here, in footballing terms, not the board room side of it, Souness is the sole reason as to why the rot started, and we still haven't fully recovered as a football club from his tenure here.

If we are relegated, Souness will have been one of the main culprits despite the fact that he is now almost 5 years removed from the club.

Guest firetotheworks

If we are relegated, Souness will have been one of the main culprits despite the fact that he is now almost 5 years removed from the club.

As much as I dislike Souness I think thats harsh. Mainly because Ashley/Keegan/Wise/Lambias/whoever you blame for what happened had the chance to atone for the mistakes he made, and we were doing, butwe messed it up in a far bigger way than anything Souness was ever responsible for.

As much as I dislike Souness I think thats harsh. Mainly because Ashley/Keegan/Wise/Lambias/whoever you blame for what happened had the chance to atone for the mistakes he made, and we were doing, butwe messed it up in a far bigger way than anything Souness was ever responsible for.

You're right, but on the other hand we wouldn't have had to appoint Roeder and then Allardyce if Souness hadn't been appointed and £50m was wasted on signings that were terrible for us in hindsight.

Of course the whole thing is theoretical but if we had got in a good quality manager he could have been able to keep the current team together and improve on it and push us on. You know all of this already of course.

Right sentiment, wrong manager.

The quality of manager has been the single biggest problem at this club since Robson. You can discount Keegan as that wasnt a permanent solution to the problem and just delayed what is happening now.

I am not quite sure Liverpool have ever recovered either