NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

Guest toonlass

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but has anyone read Ryder's latest blog on NUSC? http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/nusc-in-change-of-direction.html#more

I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of the article as basically I'm pro NUSC/anti-Ashley and there's no point getting into a discussion on here as the level of debate in the football forum is dire at the moment. When compared to the level of debate in the general chat forum, there's just no comparison.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastle’s plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

If he is I'm flabbergasted that someone can blame the fans for us being in relegation dogfight. Never thought I'd see the day when I would have both Sheppard AND Oliver back!!!

I do blame alot of the fans including myself to some extent, we don't create the atmosphere of old that made St James' a fortress and people are constantly protesting and were even booing the team.

We need sod all this crap and back the team.

It's 2 way thing though - if fans see the players can't be bothered why should they put the effort in.

Why are the fans held responsible whenever anything goes wrong at Newcastle.  As far as I am concerned, it all comes down to bad decision making by Ashley & co.  We've got decent players - better than our relegation rivals.  A decent manager would have them in the top half of the table.

Yes this is fair enough, with a decent manager we would be half way up the table, we don't have one, the players don't decide this.  Adding pressure to them will only make things worse, people can say whatever the like about Ashley but just support the team, we give ourselves a rep as fairweather support, i.e. we only have a good atmosphere when we are doing well.

We outsang Liverpool when we were 5-1 down.

we didn't at 0-1,1-2 and 1-3 though perhaps when the players needed it most.

Have to disagree here. We outsang them the whole game.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but has anyone read Ryder's latest blog on NUSC? http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/nusc-in-change-of-direction.html#more

I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of the article as basically I'm pro NUSC/anti-Ashley and there's no point getting into a discussion on here as the level of debate in the football forum is dire at the moment. When compared to the level of debate in the general chat forum, there's just no comparison.

Anyway the reason for me posting is to ask if I'm the only one who thinks Ryder is blaming pressure from the fans for Newcastle’s plight, 5th paragraph down beginning....Try to dictate to that passion like...

If he is I'm flabbergasted that someone can blame the fans for us being in relegation dogfight. Never thought I'd see the day when I would have both Sheppard AND Oliver back!!!

I do blame alot of the fans including myself to some extent, we don't create the atmosphere of old that made St James' a fortress and people are constantly protesting and were even booing the team.

It's 2 way thing though - if fans see the players can't be bothered why should they put the effort in.

Why are the fans held responsible whenever anything goes wrong at Newcastle.  As far as I am concerned, it all comes down to bad decision making by Ashley & co.  We've got decent players - better than our relegation rivals.  A decent manager would have them in the top half of the table.

Yes this is fair enough, with a decent manager we would be half way up the table, we don't have one, the players don't decide this.  Adding pressure to them will only make things worse, people can say whatever the like about Ashley but just support the team, we give ourselves a rep as fairweather support, i.e. we only have a good atmosphere when we are doing well.

Wow a lunch time kick off and not really a contest.  Plus being televised.

No disrespect intended, but I wouldn't mind trading great support for having the worst fans in the world and actually winning.

No disrespect intended, but I wouldn't mind trading great support for having the worst fans in the world and actually winning.

Not for me. Can't beat singing for 90 minutes. I'd rather we won, but I'd also rather enjoy myself at the game than have more bragging rights.

Not for me. Can't beat singing for 90 minutes. I'd rather we won, but I'd also rather enjoy myself at the game than have more bragging rights.

Just seems a bit desperate when we're going "yeah they slaughtered us, but at least we outsang them for 90 minutes!"

Just seems a bit desperate when we're going "yeah they slaughtered us, but at least we outsang them for 90 minutes!"

I agree with that, just not really your previous post. See what you're getting at though.

I don't think Ryan Taylor has shown much at all so far tbh. Early days, obv.

He's still been better then N'Zogbia though IMO.

He looks like an ordinairy player who can strike a decent dead ball. I doubt he could even dream of scoring some of the goals Zog did at Newcastle.

Ryan Taylor is the only player I can remember for years who can take a decent corner, Zog's corners were mostly crap, Milner's were far worse and Geremi either hits the first man or goes way beyond (like Milner then).

I'd rather have someone like Taylor who offers something significant (if not as flashy) every game, rather than someone like Insomnia who does something fabulous maybe three time a season and spends the rest of the time moping and asking for a transfer.

6m+Taylor for Zog was a fabulous deal imo.

I'd rather have someone like Taylor who offers something significant (if not as flashy) every game, rather than someone like Insomnia who does something fabulous maybe three time a season and spends the rest of the time moping and asking for a transfer.

Wigan fans didn't rate Taylor, all pretty much stated that he is playing at a level too high and would be canny in the championship.  Other than his freekicks and one or two crosses what has he done?  With them and us?

N'Zogbia well he was never settled in the side, never playing, when he did how many times was he out of position, so many different managers, Newcastle has been run like an utter joke for a long, long time.  I dont blame him for wanting out.  He had alot more to his game than Taylor will ever have.  Composure, direct, able to create space for others and stretch teams.

If had the choice between the two and needed someone to change the game,  it would be N'Zogbia every single time.  Look at his goal today can Taylor do that?

Given the choice, I'd rather have a winger with pace, dribbling ability and a cracking cross on him playing in the side rather than another very average player who's only real achievement is scoring three or four free kicks past us (and only us) in recent seasons.

However, as with Zog's French left wing compatriots before him, i.e. Ginola and Robert, a good manager will bring out the dazzling French winger in them, a rubbish one will turn them into lazy, selfish, non-performing French whingers. So I'd only want him if we had a manager capable of, well, managing him, something which obviously is beyond Kinnear's comprehension.

If Zog goes back to the form he showed during his breakthrough season, then £6m + Taylor will have been a poor deal for a player who in a single cross can do more than what his "superior" senior Duffers struggles to do in a dozen matches.

Given the choice, I'd rather have a winger with pace, dribbling ability and a cracking cross on him playing in the side rather than another very average player who's only real achievement is scoring three or four free kicks past us (and only us) in recent seasons.

However, as with Zog's French left wing compatriots before him, i.e. Ginola and Robert, a good manager will bring out the dazzling French winger in them, a rubbish one will turn them into lazy, selfish, non-performing French whingers. So I'd only want him if we had a manager capable of, well, managing him, something which obviously is beyond Kinnear's comprehension.

If Zog goes back to the form he showed during his breakthrough season, then £6m + Taylor will have been a poor deal for a player who in a single cross can do more than what his "superior" senior Duffers struggles to do in a dozen matches.

I've decided to stop reading any posts that mention Ginola, Robert, and N'Zogbia in the same breath.

I mean seriously :lol: might as well say that Carroll is going to be the next Shearer because he's a striker and a Geordie.

Guest darman

They all wanted to leave, but at least we got good money for 2 of them. And yes I am aware Ashley's regime is at fault for them wanting out.

Milner and N'Zogbia are nothing special although the latter has the potential to be a lot better. I wasn't so much against them leaving as I am them not being adequately replaced.

We haven’t had any money for them yet, and the fees weren’t that good. £12m for Milner was about the money, but £5m for Shay is crap business.

Ryder completely ignored Ashley’s transfer policy and appointing a washed up manager who wasn’t very even good before football gave up on him completely. It’s bollocks, if Ashley's transfer policy is sound and JFK is a decent manager why are we struggling to avoid relegation? Because some bloke unfurled a cockney mafia out banner? Because NUFC supporters are crap and don’t back their team when the going gets tough? Because a member of NUSC suggested Lee Ryder was in Ashley pocket?

Mr Ryder thinks he’s attacking NUSC but what he’s really doing is attacking the supporters. He himself suggests a 1000 members isn’t representative, so how can NUSC be responsible for the negativity on the terraces when their numbers are so small?

Utterly responsible for a shameful exploitation of the situation to further their own narcisscism.  Trouble makers and rabble rousers waiving their banners and dividing the fans.  One step up from the boycoutters and that is just because they can spell.  Their protesting before Everton was an embarrassment and only helped fuel divisions amongst the rank and file.  I've said it before and I'll say it again they will only be happy when we are relegated so they can start more protests and turmoil and look smug on the television saying "we told you so". 

Guest fading star

They all wanted to leave, but at least we got good money for 2 of them. And yes I am aware Ashley's regime is at fault for them wanting out.

Milner and N'Zogbia are nothing special although the latter has the potential to be a lot better. I wasn't so much against them leaving as I am them not being adequately replaced.

We haven’t had any money for them yet, and the fees weren’t that good. £12m for Milner was about the money, but £5m for Shay is crap business.

Ryder completely ignored Ashley’s transfer policy and appointing a washed up manager who wasn’t very even good before football gave up on him completely. It’s bollocks, if Ashley's transfer policy is sound and JFK is a decent manager why are we struggling to avoid relegation? Because some bloke unfurled a cockney mafia out banner? Because NUFC supporters are crap and don’t back their team when the going gets tough? Because a member of NUSC suggested Lee Ryder was in Ashley pocket?

Mr Ryder thinks he’s attacking NUSC but what he’s really doing is attacking the supporters. He himself suggests a 1000 members isn’t representative, so how can NUSC be responsible for the negativity on the terraces when their numbers are so small?

Utterly responsible for a shameful exploitation of the situation to further their own narcisscism.  Trouble makers and rabble rousers waiving their banners and dividing the fans.  One step up from the boycoutters and that is just because they can spell.  Their protesting before Everton was an embarrassment and only helped fuel divisions amongst the rank and file.  I've said it before and I'll say it again they will only be happy when we are relegated so they can start more protests and turmoil and look smug on the television saying "we told you so". 

Is that right? Pray tell, how did this division in the ranks manifest itself?

Is that right? Pray tell, how did this division in the ranks manifest itself?

it was because a lot of people just backed personalities in the argument as opposed to using evidence to base their decision on wans't it ?

I've decided to stop reading any posts that mention Ginola, Robert, and N'Zogbia in the same breath.

I mean seriously :lol: might as well say that Carroll is going to be the next Shearer because he's a striker and a Geordie.

I like how you take a genuine point about talented French wingers being consistently frozen out at our club by shit, failed managers unable to deal with their playing style and personalities into "Zog is as good as Ginola and Robert". :rolleyes:

On that note, Zog is what, 22, and has shown a good deal of both ability and potential as a left winger at times on the pitch. I'd find it difficult that anyone would not be willing to acknowledge that, although admittedly he has put in his fair share of poor performances (but again, something which was kicked off by the signing of "one of the best wingers in the world!!!"). The point being that Robert and Ginola were around 26 when we signed them. I wouldn't be suprised if at 20-22 years of age both Robert and Ginola were nothing like as consistently good as they were at 26 under Keegan and Sir Bobby respectively. That's not me saying Zog is going to turn into a superstar - just that it's still early to make a call on a youngish winger with pace and ability who's been pissed about for the past few years by successive managers, a situation which hasn't been helped by the player himself having the wrong attitude for that sort of treatment.

• 3 weeks later...

Biggest news story since the NUSC started their efforts to become more 'respectable' and the press all look for quotes from....

Frank Gilmour, chairman of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters' Association, said the appointment of Shearer was certain to create a buzz.

"You can guarantee people will be starting to queue at the ground now to buy any remaining tickets for the game against Chelsea," he said. "The atmosphere at that game on Saturday will be unbelievable."

Laughable organisation.

I like how you take a genuine point about talented French wingers being consistently frozen out at our club by s***, failed managers unable to deal with their playing style and personalities into "Zog is as good as Ginola and Robert". :rolleyes:

On that note, Zog is what, 22, and has shown a good deal of both ability and potential as a left winger at times on the pitch. I'd find it difficult that anyone would not be willing to acknowledge that, although admittedly he has put in his fair share of poor performances (but again, something which was kicked off by the signing of "one of the best wingers in the world!!!"). The point being that Robert and Ginola were around 26 when we signed them. I wouldn't be suprised if at 20-22 years of age both Robert and Ginola were nothing like as consistently good as they were at 26 under Keegan and Sir Bobby respectively. That's not me saying Zog is going to turn into a superstar - just that it's still early to make a call on a youngish winger with pace and ability who's been pissed about for the past few years by successive managers, a situation which hasn't been helped by the player himself having the wrong attitude for that sort of treatment.

Zog hasnt got a thing on Ginola or Robert mate.