NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

“If I could tell you the number of top class managers banging on my door right now...Top, top”

That statement is fucking unbelievable if they indeed see Joe Kinnear as the best bet.

“If I could tell you the number of top class managers banging on my door right now...Top, top”

That statement is fucking unbelievable if they indeed see Joe Kinnear as the best bet.

:sadnod:

Wonder why we want to pay for players upfront yet let other clubs dick us around for our money. Milner money not coming till July!!!

I'd like to understand that, too. Maybe it explains why we got/will get such a big fee for the guy.

If I could tell you the number of top class managers banging on my door right now...Top, top

That statement is f***ing unbelievable if they indeed see Joe Kinnear as the best bet.

The statement reminds me of what Fred said before he appointed Roeder tbh.

Wonder why we want to pay for players upfront yet let other clubs dick us around for our money. Milner money not coming till July!!!

It's because the club is being ran by non-football people.

Interesting article and yes, the NUSC give an opinion (which I have no problem with them doing so) Even if they didn't, and the meeting was merely transcripted - am sure the knives would have still come out. At a time when all the fans of the club should be banding together, the support has become fractured.

It'll end up costing us all big-time. Mediocrity beckons, fellas.

The NUSC isn't perfect (nothing ever is when it first starts up) it's very much a work in progress.

Nothing but NUSC propaganda, both NUFC and "NUSC" seem quite content doing nothing but arguing with each other, horrible bitchy comments thats only ever going to alienate fans from both.  Personally i wish "NUSC" would just fuck off because for me they have so far done nothing.

How does that explain it, like?

Shades of Freddy.

?If I could tell you the number of top class managers banging on my door right now...Top, top?

That statement is f***ing unbelievable if they indeed see Joe Kinnear as the best bet.

The statement reminds me of what Fred said before he appointed Roeder tbh.

Me too, but I didn't dare say so.

Because the club is being ran by businessmen who have no understanding of how to run a football club. Surely what's happened in the last 12months is example enough for that? Ashley running SportsDirect is one thing - but a football club is an entirely different animal. Problems occur when businessmen believe that they are the same.

I thought the Ronnie said a few weeks ago that Keegan had approached Bassong's agent about signing him and then trialled him. I remember him playing at Hartlepool and Doncaster and people weren't sure who he was. So was it Wise or Keegan who approached Bassong's agent?

I agree that I would like to see NUSC as a proper supporters club.

I don't really understand what's meant by 'proper supporters club'?

Some people are always going to dislike NUSC for whatever reason and I suppose that's fine, each to their own. Some people are going to fawn over it relentlessly. That's life. I like to think i'm in the middle. I'm a card carrying member but I recognise that it still has huge flaws that will hopefully get ironed out as the months and possibly years role on. NUSC is still a baby, it isn't even a year old and it's being ran by people who are effectively learning on the job. It's not the well oiled machine it could be with time and experience but it's a damn sight better than nothing at all, which was the alternative.

They do get lumbered with the tag of being a single issue pressure group because they're very vocally opposed towards the current regime but I know for a fact they do a lot more than sit around just slagging off Ashley, Llambias and Wise. Unfortunately the way the club is being ran is the banner issue so stories of how NUSC have given supporters legal advice and tried to winback VAT charges aren't going to be as publicised.

The thing everyone has to remember is that these people are supporters. These people have invested a lot of time and money into the club over the years and it hurts like hell when they see it going down the swanny just as it does for you and I. Okay, you may not agree with the tone of the article or the opinions voiced in it but they deserve a modicum of respect for going there and holding those in charge to account. Now Thompson House are all pally with Llambias we're not really going to get much out of them in the way of mind blowing exposés so it's fallen at the feet of supporters to do just that.

Because the club is being ran by businessmen who have no understanding of how to run a football club. Surely what's happened in the last 12months is example enough for that? Ashley running SportsDirect is one thing - but a football club is an entirely different animal. Problems occur when businessmen believe that they are the same things.

I think that's why they've appointed Wise. Or I think that's the logic they are going for anyways.

Because the club is being ran by businessmen who have no understanding of how to run a football club. Surely what's happened in the last 12months is example enough for that? Ashley running SportsDirect is one thing - but a football club is an entirely different animal. Problems occur when businessmen believe that they are the same things.

I think that's why they've appointed Wise. Or I think that's the logic they are going for anyways.

I'm bemused as to when Dennis Wise became such a respected football guru? If you compare him to someone like SBR, then what Wise knows could be written on the back of a postage stamp, with room to spare.

Because the club is being ran by businessmen who have no understanding of how to run a football club. Surely what's happened in the last 12months is example enough for that? Ashley running SportsDirect is one thing - but a football club is an entirely different animal. Problems occur when businessmen believe that they are the same.

But surely the first rule is get their money first and give our money out bit by bit? No?

Thats a myth that i've never understood and doesnt really stand up to any form of scrutiny.

The Glazers are not 'football people', yet are running Man U pretty successfully. Success in business preceeds ownership of a football club and is the reason why owners are there, more so nowadays.

If you mean that football clubs needs to take risks and invest in players then the phrase 'Speculate to accumulate' is a relevant business insight not something football club ownership taught the world.

Thats a myth that i've never understood and doesnt really stand up to any form of scrutiny.

The Glazers are not 'football people', yet are running Man U pretty successfully. Success in business preceeds ownership of a football club and is the reason why owners are there, more so nowadays.

If you mean that football clubs needs to take risks and invest in players then the phrase 'Speculate to accumulate' is a relevant business insight not something football club ownership taught the world.

The Glazers have owned and ran sports clubs before though. They do have some grounding in the field.

I'm bemused as to when Dennis Wise became such a respected football guru? If you compare him to someone like SBR, then what Wise knows could be written on the back of a postage stamp, with room to spare.

Ashley's mate?

Why would they agree to wait for the Milner money if it's true that is?

In my opinion, thie article doesn't paint any of them in a good light.

NUSC seem more interested in having a go about Llambias.

And Llambias comes across as (in that article) as someone who cannot handle a bit of pressure upon him (not good for running a football club).

But for me, one of the most worry things was all this transfer money talk. If we arn't going to borrow any more money (managable debt i can't see any problem with like), and we are going to buy players outright (fair enough) but get money back in dribs and drabs, how the hell are we going to be able to afford ANY players in the summer????!!??

The Glazers have owned and ran sports clubs before though. They do have some grounding in the field.

Yup - weren't they involved with American Football, before they purchased the Mancs?

And whilst the Mancs have been successful, it's just as well as The Glazers have saddled the club with a very large debt. If The Mancs go through a dip (for example when Ferguson leaves) - they could be in big trouble.