NUSC write up of Llambias attendance at the Supporters Panel meeting

Happy Face

Since when did any club Chairman answer direct confrontational questions like this from fans though? A lot of people would sound 'out of their depth' being faced with that.

Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean it shouldn't happen at all. Questions needed asking.

I don't particularly think there was any call for him to lose his rag when he found out NUSC were in the room, or have a go at those for attendance who were making notes. It smacks of unprofessionalism. He clearly turned up expecting to be met with a bunch of yes men who would tell him how he could shift a few more burgers at half time but got cornered by a concerned set of fans wanting answers.

I hate the fact we've turned our focus on criticising each other, one of the worst aspects of this whole thing.

Sad but true.  Everyone on here used to get along so well.  :sadnod:

:lol:

A thought occurs to me reading all this, (besides the fact that Llambias does not seem ideally suited to the role of spokesman), if EUFA force through a ruling on debt levels we'd certainly have absolutely no problems there. Not sure how much of a positive that is because I don't know the ramifications on clubs who would have too much debt under any new rulings.

Mostly I'd like to see a really impartial account of that meeting as both accounts related above are, not surprisingly, emotionally weighted.

Yeah - how dare those who have years worth of putting their hard earned into the club, give guy who runs the show a hard time. :rolleyes:

You got me... I'll bear that in mind when I want a meeting with the Chief Exec of HMV, I've spent a fortune in there over the years!

NUSC just kicked off their whole movement on the wrong foot with all the boycott nonsense etc. and this has caused major problems.

The decision to sell the club came on the back of those protests and during that period when the club was in limbo we threw away so many games and then JK was brought in to steady things and has now remained even though he isn't good enough. All this can be traced back to the turbulence that came about then.

You really have to wonder how things would have gone if things didn't kick off and the club just went about finding another manager the normal way after Keegan left.

The original protest had nowt to do with NUSC did it?

It was an impromptu protest on 13/09/2008 backed by The Mag, TF and .com. 

The first meeting of the NUSC wasn't until 16/09/2008.  Once it got going, NUSC endorsed the boycott that was already up and running.

Rather than blaming the NUSC for causing the problems, if you believe it stems from the Hull game and what went on the week before, then you should be blaming the overwhelming groundswell of anti-Ashley opinion amongst the most vocal part of the fanbase .

I'm no fan of NUSC at the current moment in time but my god Llambias appears to be out of his depth running this football club.

That Llambias is out of his depth is clear from the short-sighted managerial saga with joe kinnear. The problem is, the NUSC are like militant Unionists intent on getting the boot into the leadership on every perceived failure and I can only see both sides putting their defenses up as a result.

HappyFace - you might be able to answer this one:

With NUSC claiming to have been set up as a Supporter's Club first and foremost, what happened during those first few meetings/gatherings that led to the original backers (.com, the mag, etc) walking away?

surely having the most fan-accessible website and fanzines onboard would have been priority numero uno for any wanna-be Supporters Club?

Yeah - how dare those who have years worth of putting their hard earned into the club, give guy who runs the show a hard time. :rolleyes:

You got me... I'll bear that in mind when I want a meeting with the Chief Exec of HMV, I've spent a fortune in there over the years!

Aye, because shopping at HMV is exactly like supporting a football team :lol:

Don't be such a bloody gonk.

NUSC just kicked off their whole movement on the wrong foot with all the boycott nonsense etc. and this has caused major problems.

The decision to sell the club came on the back of those protests and during that period when the club was in limbo we threw away so many games and then JK was brought in to steady things and has now remained even though he isn't good enough. All this can be traced back to the turbulence that came about then.

You really have to wonder how things would have gone if things didn't kick off and the club just went about finding another manager the normal way after Keegan left.

The first meeting of the NUSC wasn't until 16/09/2008.  Once it got going, NUSC endorsed the boycott that was already up and running.

Rather than blaming the NUSC for causing the problems, if you believe it stems from the Hull game and what went on the week before, then you should be blaming the overwhelming groundswell of anti-Ashley opinion amongst the most vocal part of the fanbase .

happy face you can't say that, you've just stated the 100% truth of what happened, that won't wash with the NUSC bashers on here who blame it for all the wrongs of this season!!

With NUSC claiming to have been set up as a Supporter's Club first and foremost, what happened during those first few meetings/gatherings that led to the original backers (.com, the mag, etc) walking away?

surely having the most fan-accessible website and fanzines onboard would have been priority numero uno for any wanna-be Supporters Club?

They all still have a link on the NUSC site....

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/

I don't have a clue what their thoughts are on the NUSC.

Out of them all I only read .com, and they never backed the NUSC in the strictest sense in the first place iirc.  They have reported on NUSC activities from the get go and publicised what events they've planned.

The Robson one seemed to embarrass them from what they said after, but they still publicised the rally.

I wasn't the one who compared fans to customers.

Don't be such a fricking blick.

I wasn't the one who compared fans to customers.

Don't be such a fricking blick.

Jesus wept.

happy face you can't say that, you've just stated the 100% truth of what happened, that won't wash with the NUSC bashers on here who blame it for all the wrongs of this season!!

It's good to see that the NUSC-tone is adopted by it's members throughout their dealings with fellow fans.

Fantastic method of self-promotion...

I'm no fan of NUSC at the current moment in time but my god Llambias appears to be out of his depth running this football club.

That Llambias is out of his depth is clear from the short-sighted managerial saga with joe kinnear. The problem is, the NUSC are like militant Unionists intent on getting the boot into the leadership on every perceived failure and I can only see both sides putting their defenses up as a result.

Yeah - far better to do nothing and take the medicine which is given to you without question. :rolleyes:

NUSC might not be perfect, but at least they are doing something - rather than those who are happy to sit on their hands apart from sticking the knife in when it suits.

They all still have a link on the NUSC site....

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/

I don't have a clue what their thoughts are on the NUSC.

Out of them all I only read .com, and they never backed the NUSC in the strictest sense in the first place iirc.  They have reported on NUSC activities from the get go and publicised what events they've planned.

The Robson one seemed to embarrass them from what they said after, but they still publicised the rally.

"As for the output of the NUSC (and to be frank, their whole approach), it makes no sense to us at all - hence our withdrawal at a very early stage from meetings etc.

"I honestly think the whole thing [the NUSC] is dead in the water and people have voted with their feet already." - Biffa of nufc.com, Feb 2009

Also, it seems to me as if the club is now being run basically month to month with the view to sell it at the earliest opportunity ie. No big debts (buying players outright and such, paying off bank loans (well moving bank loans)). So they can get rid of it quickly when the time came.

That's the most baffling thing. They're effectively spit polishing the club with the view to attracting buyers yet Llambias seems to talk in the long term. I really do hope MA wants to offload ASAP but I fear we're going to be in the second tier in a few seasons time still finding ways to cut costs.

I fear you are correct. It's admitted in this article that the long term talk was bollocks and it seems they are just continuing with this speel in the hope that supporters have something to cling onto. I am in no doubt we will financially be better off when they leave but unless these youngsters are superstars we are going to be years behind most of the premiership.

Yeah - far better to do nothing and take the medicine which is given to you without question. :rolleyes:

NUSC might not be perfect, but at least they are doing something - rather than those who are happy to sit on their hands apart from sticking the knife in when it suits.

I would rather sit on my hands than agitate in such a daft manner with no answers in sight. If the genuine concerns could be put to Llambias and reported back with at least some effort to disguise the hostility I'd have a bit more hope. This just comes across as an angry mob needing to vent, "doing something" means F-all if there's no serious support behind it like there was for The Magpie Group decades ago led by John Hall.

I'd say that doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing, and usually better than doing something very, very badly.

If they claim to represent fans, they should accept and listen to honest criticism from fans, just as they expect the club to accept theirs.

Guest fading star

I would rather sit on my hands than agitate in such a daft manner with no answers in sight. If the genuine concerns could be put to Llambias and reported back with at least some effort to disguise the hostility I'd have a bit more hope. This just comes across as an angry mob needing to vent, "doing something" means F-all if there's no serious support behind it like there was for The Magpie Group decades ago led by John Hall.

And it’s failed share flotation.

Also, it seems to me as if the club is now being run basically month to month with the view to sell it at the earliest opportunity ie. No big debts (buying players outright and such, paying off bank loans (well moving bank loans)). So they can get rid of it quickly when the time came.

That's the most baffling thing. They're effectively spit polishing the club with the view to attracting buyers yet Llambias seems to talk in the long term. I really do hope MA wants to offload ASAP but I fear we're going to be in the second tier in a few seasons time still finding ways to cut costs.

I fear you are correct. It's admitted in this article that the long term talk was bollocks and it seems they are just continuing with this speel in the hope that supporters have something to cling onto. I am in no doubt we will financially be better off when they leave but unless these youngsters are superstars we are going to be years behind most of the premiership.

Could you quote that bit, please? I must have missed it.