U23s & Academy

Skirge

15 hours ago, et tu brute said:

That loan transfer of that young Mexican striker looks a bit dodgy. He hasn't been anywhere near the U23 squad since he signed.

I think it was one final piss take from Ashley.

Edited by Newcastle Fan

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Tell us about him then you traitor 

😂 he had just retired when I was there from the youth team due to Injury, from what I remember he was very well liked and respected but it was years ago so in terms of his ability I can’t say much.

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

Can’t say if he’s decent or anything as I’ve not seem him coach, but he comes across very well and is highly thought of at the mackems, to be fair their set up is great and pisses all over ours, they have some quality coaches there, and seem to have a good number of very good young coaches, but they do like them young in chicken town anyway…

Edited by HTT II

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

😂 he had just retired when I was there from the youth team due to Injury, from what I remember he was very well liked and respected but it was years ago so in terms of his ability I can’t say much.

Dirty mackem…

Interesting that out of the two lads with Morton it is McEntee who is deemed the more promising player as opposed to Tom Allan, who at 22, seems to have not even found his level in Scotland. Out of the players on loan listed on .com could only really see Vilca, Longstaff and Watts potentially get an opportunity longer term to prove their worth.

4 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

Interesting that out of the two lads with Morton it is McEntee who is deemed the more promising player as opposed to Tom Allan, who at 22, seems to have not even found his level in Scotland. Out of the players on loan listed on .com could only really see Vilca, Longstaff and Watts potentially get an opportunity longer term to prove their worth.

None of them at our academy is good enough and never will be, major overhauls are needed massively!

Edited by HTT II

I think this is a good move for us. They brought through some decent players from their academy. I'm not up to speed totally on what roles he was in but it seems he must have been a coach at their academy when Henderson and Pickford came through their ranks. 

He's dead? :kasper:

Dickman is an understated appointment, regardless of his talent level in the job, he is coming from the best academy going in the NE and bringing all those links and relationships. He is well thought of and will be a big part in persuading youth clubs and parents to send youth players our way. 

Once we have turned the tide and re-established our set up in the area we could phase him out over time with better coaches if he isn't up to it. Smart hire.