U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest HTT II

He’s meant to be really good too, we actually have some fantastic prospects from under 7s upwards and decent coaches at the younger age groups, and then they hit 15 and... their rivals at other clubs at the same age group have state of the art facilities, diet experts, recovery experts, fitness, tactical, body development, mental well being development etc. etc. Our boys get a wheelie bin, a tread mill, some dumb-bells and have the likes of Steve Bruce wanting the coaches to get them to run around lots and sweat for the shirt. Shambles.

Edited by HTT II

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s meant to be really good too, we actually have some fantastic prospects from under 7s upwards and decent coaches at the younger age groups, and then they hit 15 and... their rivals at other clubs at the same age group have state of the art facilities, diet experts, recovery experts, fitness, tactical, body development, mental well being development etc. etc. Our boys get a wheelie bin, a tread mill, some dumb-bells and have the likes of Steve Bruce wanting the coaches to get them to run around lots and sweat for the shirt. Shambles.

Imagine as a young un rising through the ranks and seeing Bruce as Manager, the wilful neglect from the owner and the facilities, can't blame them for fucking off quick sharp. The place is a festering cess pool of shitness, no wonder anyone decent wants to jump ship.

Edited by Numbers

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Imagine as a young un rising through the ranks and seeing Bruce as Manager, the wilful neglect from the owner and the facilities, can't blame them for fucking off quick sharp. The place is a festering cess pool of shitness, no wonder anyone decent wants to jump ship quick smart.

Honestly, we are losing loads of prospects to the Mackems and Boro and it’s down to the level of coaching, the facilities, the type of games those academies put on and the environment in general. And now Chelsea are creating a NE hub tied in with one of our local grassroots clubs to tap into OUR talent pool. Man City and West Ham plan something similar here in the NE from what I’m hearing and because a NUFC have such a piss poor reputation and relationship with kids’ footy here in the NE our kids’ clubs are only too happy too hook up with say a Chelsea because they get to tap into their resources, facilities, and financial rewards among loads of other benefits. At NUFC you get invited to a tournament here and there and if you want to go on a footy camp or whatever with NUFC it costs a bomb. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Geordie dads view their kid being at NUFC academy as a stepping stone and hope they get picked up/taken on by another academy, whether it’s Boro or the mackems or a Liverpool. They see NUFC as free coaching and an opportunity into the game for their kid. That’s the true damage Ashley has done, but to be fair, it’s always been shite and is so far behind even league one clubs (SAFC) it’s embarrassing. Loads of good people, good young people at the academy as well. They prefer to play academy games and tournaments away because the facilities are better, the pitches, the environment etc. Boils my fucking blood and saddens me more than any Bruce team out there playing at SJP.

Edited by HTT II

I’m honestly fuming at all this. One decent talent comes sthrough our system and he fucks off to Liverpool. Not that I blame him, apparently he’s rejected the likes of Tottenham and Bayern Munich before. Guess he’s finally realised what’s best for him.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Rafalove said:

I’m honestly fuming at all this. One decent talent comes sthrough our system and he fucks off to Liverpool. Not that I blame him, apparently he’s rejected the likes of Tottenham and Bayern Munich before. Guess he’s finally realised what’s best for him.

The sad thing is Rafa identified the academy as the life blood of the club and wanted to tie it in with the first-team hub of the set up and all Ashley give him was some fucking tins of paint and gym floor mats. 

54 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Honestly, we are losing loads of prospects to the Mackems and Boro and it’s down to the level of coaching, the facilities, the type of games those academies put on and the environment in general. And now Chelsea are creating a NE hub tied in with one of our local grassroots clubs to tap into OUR talent pool. Man City and West Ham plan something similar here in the NE from what I’m hearing and because a NUFC have such a piss poor reputation and relationship with kids’ footy here in the NE our kids’ clubs are only too happy too hook up with say a Chelsea because they get to tap into their resources, facilities, and financial rewards among loads of other benefits. At NUFC you get invited to a tournament here and there and if you want to go on a footy camp or whatever with NUFC it costs a bomb. 

Absolutely boils my piss reading that it’s almost like we’re not a premiership club. The vultures have moved into our area as they see ripe pickings, whilst we wave the white flag and say help yourself.

We’re on the same level as a third division club in all but name. Shameful, embarrassing and worst of all inflicted upon on us by the powers that be who are happy to see us kept in our place.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

What kid would want to stay at this shit show, like. A mouldy fucking stadium and ice baths in plastic barrels.

:yao: I am laughing but crying inside.  It's so true.  

Guest HTT II
Just now, Paully said:

Blyth are beating our under 23s 2-0 - I watched Hebburn beat them on Saturday and they were awful!

Our under 23s have had a mare this pre-season, bit like the senior team…

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2020/june/lfe-league-football-education-the-11-yasin-arai-stevenage-football-club-academy-sky-bet-league-two-efl-english-football-league-tuesday-9th-june-2020/

Stevenage First Year Scholar Yasin Arai has been named as one of the countries stand-out Academy players by the League Football Education (LFE), recognised for both his on-and-off the pitch achievements...

On the pitch, Yasin had a really strong first year at Stevenage, particularly impressing with his attitude to learning and improving. The right-back turned striker has been a regular for the Under 18s and featured with the First Team reserves in the County Cup.

His approach away from football has also been highly commendable, remaining on track for a very high grade in the BTEC Extended Diploma at Marriotts School, where he has studied since Year 10. "Yasin’s attitude has been excellent this year in the classroom and now his work is reflecting this, improving considerably in terms of structure and referencing,” Tutor Ieuan Lewis told LFE.

Good loan that. See a bunch of people complaining on twitter but League One is a good testing ground where he should get solid minutes. We are well stocked at the back especially after Bruce gets his meathead British CB in on loan.