U23s & Academy

Skirge

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Those are the two lads who the club bought houses for the families to move up here. Got a mate who’s son is in the academy and she says the transformation in it since the takeover is massive.

I'm gonna teach my lad how to trap a football. Should be worth at least a 3 bed detached, right...

18’s were at Blackburn today, lost 2-1. Not much in it to start with. Blackburn took a quick fire 2-0 lead. We weren’t great tbh but got stronger and more competitive as the game went on. Joe Brayson came off the bench and bagged after a Blackburn mistake at the back, rounded the keeper and slotted. 

Theo Adelusi started for us at RCB and did ok I guess. Was previously at Spurs. Not many standout performances today. Sam Alabi came on and looked combative enough with some good passing range. Pretty disheartening defeat. Definitely could have nicked a draw at the end but couldn’t quite get there.

41 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Those are the two lads who the club bought houses for the families to move up here. Got a mate whose son is in the academy and she says the transformation in it since the takeover is massive.

Is that typically a thing nowadays? I know decades ago they used to have lodgings for youth players.

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Is that typically a thing nowadays? I know decades ago they used to have lodgings for youth players.

Not sure if it’s common elsewhere, I don’t think it is for us though.

43 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

18’s were at Blackburn today, lost 2-1. Not much in it to start with. Blackburn took a quick fire 2-0 lead. We weren’t great tbh but got stronger and more competitive as the game went on. Joe Brayson came off the bench and bagged after a Blackburn mistake at the back, rounded the keeper and slotted. 

Theo Adelusi started for us at RCB and did ok I guess. Was previously at Spurs. Not many standout performances today. Sam Alabi came on and looked combative enough with some good passing range. Pretty disheartening defeat. Definitely could have nicked a draw at the end but couldn’t quite get there.

Have we signed Adelusi or is he on trial, looks like he was released by Spurs?

Also looked like we had a new keeper Noah Kailen who was with Arsenal previously, maybe a similar situation?

Just now, toonfanman said:

Also looked like we had a new keeper Noah Kailen who was with Arsenal previously, maybe a similar situation?

We’ve got a guy who’s really involved in all the youth stuff and as far as he knows Adelusi wasn’t getting enough games for us and was expecting to leave in the summer.

55 minutes ago, toonfanman said:

Think it’s just a trial for now. Not getting much game time at Spurs. 

Anyone know what is happening with Max Thompson? Had a fairly promising loan spell, got recalled, signed a new deal and then don’t think he’s played a game for the reserves since. 

Was hoping he could become a solid 2nd/3rd keeper and fill a home grown slot. 3rd keeper a great place to fill that role from. 

• 2 weeks later...