U23s & Academy

Skirge

Dickman is a Stanley lad, apparently he is disgusted with the attitude of the u23s so lazy and not prepared to put the effort in, Big changes coming, Harper's attitude to putting hours in questioned also.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Dickman is a Stanley lad, apparently he is disgusted with the attitude of the u23s so lazy and not prepared to put the effort in, Big changes coming, Harper's attitude to putting hours in questioned also.

So the goalie who spent most of his career sat on the bench has Bruce's approach to work, I always liked Harper but if true maybe the warning signs have been there for a long time. 

Just watched the last 5 minutes, Mansfield should have scored 4 and just scored a penalty. That 5 minute spell was the worst I’ve seen any team play at any level in my whole life. Wow [emoji38]

Still no sign of the Mexican I see :dontknow:

Edited by et tu brute

On 07/11/2021 at 09:49, MagMal said:

So the goalie who spent most of his career sat on the bench has Bruce's approach to work, I always liked Harper but if true maybe the warning signs have been there for a long time. 

Harper should never have got anywhere near that job. Don't know if he got it because he is called 'Steve' or because he 'knows the club'

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Still no sign of the Mexican kid, that transfer seems a bit iffy. No word of being injured or anything, he’s just totally disappeared 

Probably back to where he came from right after the initial PR.

54 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

It was blatantly an Ashley PR signing because he's got the name of the Goal kid. Thought that was pretty clear at the time. 

Aye, and like we all know with Ashley, Charnley and public relations - even if it did suit Ashley's interests he'd screw it up. 

Awful idea to to start with, but when you think about it, it's laughable how badly it was carried through...

National media never actually caught on to it, probably was never even released to 'London media' types to even have a laugh at - Adrian Talk Sport Wanker - so never returned the attention/money that Ashley/Charnley/Bishop thought it would have. Because offices of social media under Ashley we're covered in dust, no social media hype could be achieved from it either. 

Probably Mike being pissed up with an idea that mini-me Charnley had to follow through with. Some poor kid has born the brunt of human trafficking, and spent last 18 months freezing his arse off kicking a ball round with the U23's. 

5 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

It was blatantly an Ashley PR signing because he's got the name of the Goal kid. Thought that was pretty clear at the time. 

You mean he's going to be total shit? Just like all these other youngster's we've unearthed before him like Vilca, El-Mhanni, Satka, Vukic and Victor Fernandez to name a few?

• 2 weeks later...

Desperate for an overhaul of the academy from top to bottom. Not being to critical but I watched the u18’s game last night and I’ve seen better games with better football played in the pinpoint league on a Sunday. 

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’d like to see the percentage of players that make it out of academies. I wonder if ours is actually any worse than any other academy in that regard. 

They are the football equivalent of factory farming honestly. It’s all a bit grim 

I can’t remember where I read it, but lower league clubs and even non league clubs produce more players that end up having a professional career in football than all the PL clubs put together, which might seem sound given there are more clubs than the 20 in the PL, but it says a lot maybe about how being at say NUFC or Chelsea’s academy isn’t the be all and end all to have your kid attending. In fact it might be detrimental to kids’ hopes of making it!

Edited by HTT II

24 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’d like to see the percentage of players that make it out of academies. I wonder if ours is actually any worse than any other academy in that regard. 

They are the football equivalent of factory farming honestly. It’s all a bit grim 

We tend to never blood ours though. Many of those u23s and u18s will never make a first team appearance for us going off the recent past, places in League Cup and FA Cup matches which other PL clubs play youngsters in have went to the likes of Krafth, Hendrick and Joselu.

• 1 month later...