U23s & Academy

Skirge

We're doing rather well at reserve and U18 level. Rare beacons of light at this point tbh. :thup:

The shame is Sunderland went top when 2 geordie lads scored  for them a few weeks back, one of them banged in a hatrick at the weekend.

Its going really well but its a shame we do not see any of these lads getting a chance in the 1st team, we have had yet again aseason of injuries yet the coaching staff are still reluctant to give some kids a go.

They are trying to get 1st team football and if we do not try them out I am sure there will be plenty of clubs willing to take them on. No point having a good youth setup if we don't benifit from it.

Its going really well but its a shame we do not see any of these lads getting a chance in the 1st team, we have had yet again aseason of injuries yet the coaching staff are still reluctant to give some kids a go.

They are trying to get 1st team football and if we do not try them out I am sure there will be plenty of clubs willing to take them on. No point having a good youth setup if we don't benifit from it.

Yes they are doing well but there's not many good enough to make the step up into the PL.  Not so much due to technical ability but more on the physical side,  for some reason the players who've been coming thru in the last couple of seasons who are all really small, Carroll being the exception.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1581215,00.html

Swedish Starlet Set For Juniors Bow

By Craig Hope

MAGPIE new boy Samuel Adjei will make his debut for Newcastle United Under-18s when they continue their title challenge at home to Leeds United this weekend.

The 17-year-old - signed from Swedish Second Division club Jonkopings Sodra IF last month - enjoyed a lively Reserve-team bow on Monday night during the Magpies' 5-0 thrashing of Team Northumbria at Whitley Park.

United, five points adrift of league leaders Sunderland, field a strong side for the visit of the Yorkshiremen with Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger, Haris Vuckic and the Wesley Ngo Baheng, back from a 10-month injury layoff, also included.

Saturday's game is an 11.30am kick-off at the first-team training ground.

The Geordies line up as follows;

1 Jak Alnwick 2 James Tavernier 3 Shane Ferguson 4 Brad Inman 5 James Taylor 6 Paul Dummett 7 Sam Adjei 8 Ryan Donaldson 9 Nile Ranger 10 Haris Vuckic 11 Wesley Ngo Baheng

12 Michael McCrudden 13 Max Johnson 14 Dan Williams 15 Darren Lough 16 Stewart Bath

1 Jak Alnwick 2 James Tavernier 3 Shane Ferguson 4 Brad Inman 5 James Taylor 6 Paul Dummett 7 Sam Adjei 8 Ryan Donaldson 9 Nile Ranger 10 Haris Vuckic 11 Wesley Ngo Baheng

12 Michael McCrudden 13 Max Johnson 14 Dan Williams 15 Darren Lough 16 Stewart Bath

Quality line up,  don't know how good Leeds are, normally produce good academy sides but NUFC should be good to bang in a few goals and get another win before the possible title decider away to Sunderland next week.  Think i'll pop along tomorrow, fresh air should be good for my hangover!

Ground breaking stuff we have here the official website posting the correct pitch the game is going to be played on. I wonder if the team sheets for this game will be given out at Darsley Park or as usual at Little Benton even though the game is not being played there.

Guest Heneage

Ground breaking stuff we have here the official website posting the correct pitch the game is going to be played on. I wonder if the team sheets for this game will be given out at Darsley Park or as usual at Little Benton even though the game is not being played there.

Do they give them out now?

I used to watch the kids over at Durham with my Dad Shola's generation in fact they used to staple the team sheet on a sandwich board. My Dad said Shola would make the grade quite funny now considering how much abuse him gives him on the telly.

3 up front?

Vuckic is more of a winger I think.

Donaldson, Rangers and Baheng are all strikers aren't they?

Donaldsons been playing a central midfield role recently.

Do they give them out now?

Aye they give out the U18 team sheets at Little Benton, while the U18 game is getting played at Darsley Park.

Inman looks head and shoulders above everyone else, Newcastle getting some decent possession now - another corner, Ranger blocks a goalbound Tavernier effort. Good strike.

Adeji not up to much so far