U23s & Academy

Skirge

Dont understand how everyone can rave on about the quality of our U18's now when they cannot even compete with Sunderlands.

What a load of bollocks.

how

In what way can we not compete with Sunderland?

We are having a good season, 2nd in the academy league and 2nd in the reserve league,  both us and the mackems got to the quarters in the youth cup and came up against 2 of the best teams in the country, we were beaten 4-2 away at man city, thet were stuffed 4-0 or 4-1 at home to arsenal.  There wasn't much between the sides when the reserves won 2-1 away at Sunderland with a very young side.  Just as there was nothing between the sides when they beat us first game of the season.

The academy are away at Sunderland next week so we'll be able to tell.

I know exactly how we are doing thanks and have been to a number of Academy games this season including the 4-2 defeat at Man City you talk about, I wanted Jayson to tell me how he thinks we can't compete with them.

Did we not actually beat them 3-1 earlier this season at Under 18 level?

We did indeed.  Although Sunderland were the better side for the vast majority of the game I have to say.

I shouldn't really say 'we' since I spent the game flagging...

Dont understand how everyone can rave on about the quality of our U18's now when they cannot even compete with Sunderlands.

What a load of bollocks.

how

We are having a good season, 2nd in the academy league and 2nd in the reserve league,  both us and the mackems got to the quarters in the youth cup and came up against 2 of the best teams in the country, we were beaten 4-2 away at man city, thet were stuffed 4-0 or 4-1 at home to arsenal.  There wasn't much between the sides when the reserves won 2-1 away at Sunderland with a very young side.  Just as there was nothing between the sides when they beat us first game of the season.

Are you going to that?

It is strange but even though we got beat off Leeds it was one of the better games I have seen the U18 play as wins against Barnsley, Boro & The Scum are down to Nile physically destroying the oppo centre backs rather than the team playing well.

What a load of bollocks.

how

I know exactly how we are doing thanks and have been to a number of Academy games this season including the 4-2 defeat at Man City you talk about, I wanted Jayson to tell me how he thinks we can't compete with them.

Sorry greg my post was more for jayson's benefit than yours.  i know you've seen quite a number of games.

What a load of bollocks.

how

Are you going to that?

It is strange but even though we got beat off Leeds it was one of the better games I have seen the U18 play as wins against Barnsley, Boro & The Scum are down to Nile physically destroying the oppo centre backs rather than the team playing well.

I'm not sure if i'll be going yet,  i'm out on a all day session with the Gold cup being on and then going into town,  depends how rough i am on Saturday morning,  its an 11 o'clock ko.

What a load of bollocks.

how

Are you going to that?

I'm not sure if i'll be going yet,  i'm out on a all day session with the Gold cup being on and then going into town,  depends how rough i am on Saturday morning,  its an 11 o'clock ko.

U18 away games is going some like  :thup:

I was standing next to some old boys at the U18 game on Saturday & these fellas must watch every level of Newcastle United + stack of non league games as well. They were making notes on the teamsheet of subs & who scored + times during the game. It is just another level that sort of  commitment to football.

What a load of bollocks.

how

Are you going to that?

I was standing next to some old boys at the U18 game on Saturday & these fellas must watch every level of Newcastle United + stack of non league games as well. They were making notes on the teamsheet of subs & who scored + times during the game. It is just another level that sort of  commitment to football.

if you were on the halfway line you'd have been next to me,  i was standing next to Alan, John and Paul Tully(does the match programme),  Alan & John are mental,  they're at Hull tonight,  been to every reserve game home and away this season and watch loads of the academy games.  They'd be a great 2 to put into a quiz team on NUFC as theres not much they don't know about NUFC,  Alan also wrote the book on the history of Newcastle Sunderland games.

It'll only take me 30 mins to drive to WHitburn and got nowt planned on Saturday as not going to Hull so not that much of a chore,  i wouldn't go any further than SUnderland to watch the academy mind!lol

Well that was gash. Finished 1-1 although Hull should have won. Hull equalised in the 90th minute and then could have scored another. Thought Forster was at fault for our goal and he'd have been at fault for the second if they'd have scored it, he really doesn't look comfortable at judging when to come out for the ball and when to leave it to the defence.

Awful, awful football from us apart from a decent 15 minute spell when we scored our goal. Ranger did well, the best player on the pitch by a long way barring John Welsh of Hull. Really thought it was stupid that we played 4-5-1 though, extremely frustrating that Ranger was doing so well to hold the ball up but there was nobody supporting him.

What a load of bollocks.

how

Are you going to that?

if you were on the halfway line you'd have been next to me,  i was standing next to Alan, John and Paul Tully(does the match programme),  Alan & John are mental,  they're at Hull tonight,  been to every reserve game home and away this season and watch loads of the academy games.  They'd be a great 2 to put into a quiz team on NUFC as theres not much they don't know about NUFC,  Alan also wrote the book on the history of Newcastle Sunderland games.

It'll only take me 30 mins to drive to WHitburn and got nowt planned on Saturday as not going to Hull so not that much of a chore,  i wouldn't go any further than SUnderland to watch the academy mind!lol

I must have been less than a meter away from you, I was cold looking in a big green jacket. I take it Tully was the chap looking to use a computer for the match report? He did not seem keen on the Swedish lad at all.

I did prefer it when the youth team & the U18's both played at the Academy as you could dip in & out of both games.

What a load of bollocks.

how

Their u18's will be 11 points infront if they win their next match, i dont see that as us competing with them.

What a load of bollocks.

how

Their u18's will be 11 points infront if they win their next match, i dont see that as us competing with them.

If we win our next game we'll be 4 points behind them, granted they'll have a game in hand but being a few points behind them in a league table which quite frankly doesn't matter at all is hardly not competing with them.

Nobody is saying we have a great Academy and we don't but money and time has been invested into it and the progress we have made over the last year or so since Richard Money was brought in is clear to see, it's a small step and there is a long way to go but it is progress which is why people are giving some credit.

The Chronicle report that five academy/reserve players have been offered extended deals to remain at SJP. Brad Inman has a two year deal, while Callum Morris, Darren Lough and James Taylor have all given one year.

Matthew Grieve has been offered a third year scholarship.

News is awaited on the fate of other players whose current deals expire this summer, including Mark Doninger, Ryan Donaldson, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Jonny Godsmark and James Marwood.

Thoughts, paedos kid-watchers?

The Chronicle report that five academy/reserve players have been offered extended deals to remain at SJP. Brad Inman has a two year deal, while Callum Morris, Darren Lough and James Taylor have all given one year.

Matthew Grieve has been offered a third year scholarship.

News is awaited on the fate of other players whose current deals expire this summer, including Mark Doninger, Ryan Donaldson, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Jonny Godsmark and James Marwood.

Thoughts, paedos kid-watchers?

Good to see Inman getting a 2 year deal, he's clearly very talented as for the others offered pro deals I'm not sure if any of them will make it here but all 3 of them are defenders and they can develop later, I don't really rate Darren Lough but he's the only other genuine left back at the club apart from Jose Enrique so no surprise to see him get a 1 year deal. Matthew Grieve hasn't really played much this season and I think he's been injured so again not surprising that he'd be offered a 3rd year at the academy rather than a pro contract or being released.

Is Kadar predominantly at CB then? Where's he been playing for the reserves (before injury)?

He's predominantly a centre back yes but is comfortable at left back as well and has played in both positions for us.

Is Kadar predominantly at CB then? Where's he been playing for the reserves (before injury)?

He's predominantly a centre back yes but is comfortable at left back as well and has played in both positions for us.

Next Bassong :pow:

As the league shows & our game against Sunderland did as well they are the  better team but Jayson get back to me in 5 years time as our team has the better players.

I know a guy who works for the Sunderland and thats exactly what he said, they have a really good team but what you are looking for at that level is good players.