U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Roger Kint

?

Thats what i was going off :lol: Assuming he is on trial as we had one score in that Benfield game

.com reporting that there were three trialists in the team against Benfield.  I'd assume this guy is one of them.  He certainly wasn't listed as one of the new intake players.

Guest Roger Kint

.com reporting that there were three trialists in the team against Benfield.  I'd assume this guy is one of them.  He certainly wasn't listed as one of the new intake players.

:thup:

He definitely played in the game but he wasn't the trialist who scored in the first half.

Us and mackems after Brendan Galloway from MK Dons (never heard of him) on SSN.

Doesn't seem to be too much of a tit judging by his Twitter which is a start. Decent England youth record too.

Guest bimpy474

Campbell is on the list for NZ in the other thread, but yeah he's definitely taken a step back or at least got passed by Armstrong

They removed him from the NZ squad because Riviere has been added, i think i read somewhere.

Campbell is on the list for NZ in the other thread, but yeah he's definitely taken a step back or at least got passed by Armstrong

They removed him from the NZ squad because Riviere has been added, i think i read somewhere.

:thup:

Edit: His twitter update says he's going

http://www.nufc.com/

Old boys expose young generation

Gateshead  2  Newcastle U21s  0

Peter Beardsley's U21 side began their public preparations on Friday evening, when they provided the opposition in a testimonial game for Gateshead defender Jamie Curtis.

Before kickoff, an immaculately observed silence was held in memory of John Alder and Liam Sweeney (John was also a Gateshead FC season ticket holder).

Ex-Magpie Marcus Maddison opened the scoring after 15 minutes, slamming home from the edge of the box for his third consecutive goal in this fixture - having netted for Gateshead last season and Newcastle back in 2012.

The lead was then doubled on the half hour when another ex-Mag Greg McDermott - watched by his father Terry - headed in a cross from fellow SJP old boy Lewis Guy.

A pathetic display from Newcastle never remotely looked like seeing them find the net, Tynesiders custodian Adam Bartlett making just one routine stop to record a clean sheet against his former club.

And only two noteworthy blocks from opposite number Brendan Pearson after the break prevented the home side from increasing their lead - with the woodwork denying Gateshead substitute Kanda Rankine late on.

Long-serving defender Curtis was substituted in the closing moments to loud applause, with 39 year-old assistant manager Darren Caskey taking his place. It's over 20 years since Caskey was in the Spurs side beaten at White Hart Lane by two goals from the man in charge of United U21s tonight, Peter Beardsley.

With the senior squad en route to New Zealand and outcasts Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux nowhere to be seen, competitive first team experience in the side was restricted to Shane Ferguson and Gael Bigirimana.

Sadly though, neither were remotely interested in making a positive contribution - their younger and inexperienced colleagues seemingly incapable of doing so.

Aside from the financial boost to the home side by the  healthy crowd (benefiting testimonial recipient Curtis on this occasion), it's questionable what merit there is in footballing terms by continuing to stage this game.

Given the tragic events that were commemorated before kickoff, this proved to be a suitably sombre spectacle, accurately summarised as a "predominantly one-sided affair" by the official Heed website.

Team: Pearson, Williams (L.Smith 46), Ferguson, Bigirimana, Streete (McKinnon 57), Gillesphey, Roberts, Drennan, Quinn, Barlaser, Gilliead (Heardman 46).

Sub n/u: Robinson.

GFC: Bartlett, Baxter, Wilson, Curtis (Caskey 87), Clark (Allan 46), Turnbull, McDermott (Mitchell 61), Shaw (Lynch 61, Guy, Rodman (Rankine 61), Maddison (Kanda 61). Sub n/u: none.

Crowd: 1,514.

Not very inspiring reading.

http://www.nufc.com/

Old boys expose young generation

Gateshead  2  Newcastle U21s  0

Peter Beardsley's U21 side began their public preparations on Friday evening, when they provided the opposition in a testimonial game for Gateshead defender Jamie Curtis.

Before kickoff, an immaculately observed silence was held in memory of John Alder and Liam Sweeney (John was also a Gateshead FC season ticket holder).

Ex-Magpie Marcus Maddison opened the scoring after 15 minutes, slamming home from the edge of the box for his third consecutive goal in this fixture - having netted for Gateshead last season and Newcastle back in 2012.

The lead was then doubled on the half hour when another ex-Mag Greg McDermott - watched by his father Terry - headed in a cross from fellow SJP old boy Lewis Guy.

A pathetic display from Newcastle never remotely looked like seeing them find the net, Tynesiders custodian Adam Bartlett making just one routine stop to record a clean sheet against his former club.

And only two noteworthy blocks from opposite number Brendan Pearson after the break prevented the home side from increasing their lead - with the woodwork denying Gateshead substitute Kanda Rankine late on.

Long-serving defender Curtis was substituted in the closing moments to loud applause, with 39 year-old assistant manager Darren Caskey taking his place. It's over 20 years since Caskey was in the Spurs side beaten at White Hart Lane by two goals from the man in charge of United U21s tonight, Peter Beardsley.

With the senior squad en route to New Zealand and outcasts Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux nowhere to be seen, competitive first team experience in the side was restricted to Shane Ferguson and Gael Bigirimana.

Sadly though, neither were remotely interested in making a positive contribution - their younger and inexperienced colleagues seemingly incapable of doing so.

Aside from the financial boost to the home side by the  healthy crowd (benefiting testimonial recipient Curtis on this occasion), it's questionable what merit there is in footballing terms by continuing to stage this game.

Given the tragic events that were commemorated before kickoff, this proved to be a suitably sombre spectacle, accurately summarised as a "predominantly one-sided affair" by the official Heed website.

Team: Pearson, Williams (L.Smith 46), Ferguson, Bigirimana, Streete (McKinnon 57), Gillesphey, Roberts, Drennan, Quinn, Barlaser, Gilliead (Heardman 46).

Sub n/u: Robinson.

GFC: Bartlett, Baxter, Wilson, Curtis (Caskey 87), Clark (Allan 46), Turnbull, McDermott (Mitchell 61), Shaw (Lynch 61, Guy, Rodman (Rankine 61), Maddison (Kanda 61). Sub n/u: none.

Crowd: 1,514.

Not very inspiring reading.

Hang on.

.COM are slagging HBA and Marveaux for not being selected to play in a U21 games?

Hang on.

.COM are slagging HBA and Marveaux for not being selected to play in a U21 games?

"With the senior squad en route to New Zealand and outcasts Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux nowhere to be seen"

No. They are saying they weren't in the playing squad for this game. No Obertan or Gutierrez (has he even returned?) either. NUFC is no doubt trying to move them all on. NUFC won't want any of them picking up an injury.

Hang on.

"With the senior squad en route to New Zealand and outcasts Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux nowhere to be seen"

No. They are saying they weren't in the playing squad for this game. No Obertan or Gutierrez (has he even returned?) either. NUFC is no doubt trying to move them all on. NUFC won't want any of them picking up an injury.

OK my bad I must have misread.

I'm assuming they are referring to Fergie and biggie not being interested

Guest bimpy474

So Pardew wants Marv, Obertan, Jonas and Hatem gone, yet they aren't given games to keep up fitness or just to be able to play. Is that not petty beyond belief.

Guest palnese

So Pardew wants Marv, Obertan, Jonas and Hatem gone, yet they aren't given games to keep up fitness or just to be able to play. Is that not petty beyond belief.

It's pretty standard, I think.

Guest bimpy474

It's pretty standard, I think.

Which is weird, surely keeping the players fitness up-ish, and they're experience can only help the youngsters in the U21's.

And why when Marv was first signed but not fit, did he play for the U21's to get some fitness, now Pardew wants him out he gets no playing time at any level. Something is just not right.