U23s & Academy

Skirge

He might have known the club under Ashley but hopefully we’ve moved beyond appointing people based on their local ties. Strikes me as another Shola, Harper type appointment under Ashley, the blokes done nowt in a coaching sense to warrant the post just another ex-player with connections doing the rounds. We need someone innovative and upto speed on modern coaching techniques not this dinosaur. 

Be worst move by new ownership yet and be very disappointed in Ashworth if it’s true.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Has anyone followed Lucas's performances there? Howe was bigging him up pre-season but i haven't heard a word about him since then 

He's only played 5 times, and Hamilton are sitting bottom of the Scottish Championship, so guessing its not going particularly well. 

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Has anyone followed Lucas's performances there? Howe was bigging him up pre-season but i haven't heard a word about him since then 

he was suffering with issues from concussion for a while that has set him back 

Just checked Transfermarkt and it looks like he's played 99 mins for the last four games after being out with concussion for at least ten games. They'd been on an awful run but won the other week so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on from now on

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

didn't realise vilca was still around 

GARY

Think he returned from his loan not long ago. The Peruvian league finished in October, so probably got back to the cloob not to long after. Managed 22 appearances, usually off the bench with a goal and two assists in the Peruvian top flight. Used mainly on the LW but also through the middle and on the right a couple of times.  He is under contract another year but could see him going out on loan again tomorrow or after if there are leagues with a longer window. 

Anyone work at youth level or scouting ? Just wondering if our standing has improved at development level over the past year ? It's an improvement that can't come soon enough for the financial health of the club.

On 30/01/2023 at 15:23, joeyt said:

didn't realise vilca was still around 

James Huntley is my best mate's nephew. Don't know how rated he is at NUFC - I know he's big mates with Lucas De Bolle and also had a long spell out earlier in the season with concussion.

• 1 month later...