Do you want us to lose...?

Guest Alan_Shearer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Alan_Shearer

The sooner the better, and if he wins like 1 in 3 for ages, it will make FFS stall on making the decision, so the earlier the better so more time for the new manager this season.

I mean sure, in an ideal world from here on Glen would win us every game ever from now on. But thats not going to happen and hes going to get the boot one day, so may as well get it done as soon as possible, and the only way for that to happen is lose another, say 2 games in a row.

We're in too much trouble to even consider that right now. Anyway, bottom of the league and one win in six at home should be enough justification already.

Guest toonbaz

no for me, as much as i want things to change i realise we are in serious trouble and in danger of relegation, although i must admit i did feel like this when souness was in charge but  i dont want us to lose now as i seriously fear the worst. points are desperately needed now

I voted yes.

I'd prefer us to lose every game if it meant getting rid of Roeder quicker, rather than stumbling along, picking up a few points here and there but still being stuck with the useless **** in a few months time. I don't think it'll take many more defeats on the bounce for him to get the boot.

I remember the same question being posted when Souness was in charge and I voted yes then too, we did lose the next few and he did get the boot, if we hadn't lost those few and he'd stayed any longer then I honestly think we'd be in the Championship now.

I'd be happy if the same happens now, I don't think it makes me any less a supporter for not wanting us to win as IMO I'm looking at the bigger picture and that means getting Roeder out of the managers seat asap.

I remember during the Souness era seriously considering it, but now I don't seem to be.  Simply because we're in a dangerous position, and I'm half hoping the damage is done, and Roeder will get the boot now.  We need as many points as possible now, so the thought of losing 'for the greater good' isn't crossing my mind.  Not this time.

I voted yes.

I'd prefer us to lose every game if it meant getting rid of Roeder quicker, rather than stumbling along, picking up a few points here and there but still being stuck with the useless **** in a few months time. I don't think it'll take many more defeats on the bounce for him to get the boot.

I remember the same question being posted when Souness was in charge and I voted yes then too, we did lose the next few and he did get the boot, if we hadn't lost those few and he'd stayed any longer then I honestly think we'd be in the Championship now.

I'd be happy if the same happens now, I don't think it makes me any less a supporter for not wanting us to win as IMO I'm looking at the bigger picture and that means getting Roeder out of the managers seat asap.

agree, but when the match starts, i could never sit and hope for us to loose. i mean, i dont want us to lose on tuesday, but that could be because i don't think roeder will be fired anyway.

Guest sunderlandsuck

if you said sheperd not roeder i would say yes, but no because i dont think roeder is the main problem, neither would i sack him, i would give him his old job back, a good man given a role too high up

I voted yes.

agree, but when the match starts, i could never sit and hope for us to loose. i mean, i dont want us to lose on tuesday, but that could be because i don't think roeder will be fired anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't sit there and get any enjoyment out of us losing, I would except it though if it meant getting rid of Roeder quicker.

As with all these "Do you want X major event to happen?" questions about Newcastle, the entire thing hinges upon our Board dealing with the ramifications of that major event. As such, I'm not too sure what I want to happen at the moment. We could sack Roeder tomorrow and get a half-competent mid-table manager who'll keep us up this season, or maybe a manager even a bit better than that, but we'll be stuck with the same old problems, and we'll find ourselves in the same position again. Something more fundamental needs to change. The trouble is in balancing long-term planning and short-term necessity.

What I know I'm hoping for is a glorious takeover.