The horse racing thread

With the 2009 Cheltenham Festival now just a week away, is anyone else looking forward to it?

Personally, I can't wait for it to get underway. Last year was the first time I really paid any attention to Cheltenham after I had developed a keen interest in horse racing about six months beforehand and I loved it, despite the weather causing a day to be lost. Going to start studying the form over the next couple days which is likely to take a fair few hours but hopefully it will be worth it!

My only recent memory of horse-racing is going to the bookies on Chilly Road couple of GNs back after a night cum morning on cowies and my head almost imploding due to the pressue i felt i was under.

My only recent memory of horse-racing is going to the bookies on Chilly Road couple of GNs back after a night cum morning on cowies and my head almost imploding due to the pressue i felt i was under.

:lol:

Guest tommykay

With the 2009 Cheltenham Festival now just a week away, is anyone else looking forward to it?

Personally, I can't wait for it to get underway. Last year was the first time I really paid any attention to Cheltenham after I had developed a keen interest in horse racing about six months beforehand and I loved it, despite the weather causing a day to be lost. Going to start studying the form over the next couple days which is likely to take a fair few hours but hopefully it will be worth it!

Wasnt too bad losing a day because the extra races on Thursday and Friday was amazing. This year is the first year i havent saved a decent bank so i'm not looking forward to it as much but i've booked my week of work. I'm more of a fan on the flat season but Cheltenham is a great festival.

Wasnt too bad losing a day because the extra races on Thursday and Friday was amazing. This year is the first year i havent saved a decent bank so i'm not looking forward to it as much but i've booked my week of work. I'm more of a fan on the flat season but Cheltenham is a great festival.

Speak for yourself...i was going on the day called off last year..ended up at Huntingdon races..

Guest tommykay

Yup would of been very harsh, saying that i bought some tickets off ebay for Newcastle racecourse once and it got called off and i never got my money back, bastards.

more dodgy trainers putting out false information while they manipulate the betting

More drunk Irishmen spending cash they never declared to the tax man

And Cheltenham FFS - what a hole......................  they even put GCHQ in it

more dodgy trainers putting out false information while they manipulate the betting

More drunk Irishmen spending cash they never declared to the tax man

And Cheltenham FFS - what a hole......................   they even put GCHQ in it

Probably the most ignorant comment I've ever seen you post and there's some strong competition.

Guest toonbaz

cant wait for it, took the week off work, normally go down for the first day each year but not making the trip this year, will be a bit gutted when the first race goes off on tuesday, im sure i will cheer up again when cousin vinny wins the supreme novices to get me off to a flyer!

Please enlighten me as to the joys of the place then - it's a grotty small town stuck on the edge of the Severn Valley

It floods, nowt ever happened there, it's a dead hole at night (and not much better during the day) and there are few buildings of note - it's the equivalent of Derby or Sunderland each with a bigger better classier town up the road

the ONLY thing that happens is a few days of racing.................... 

Guest tommykay

Please enlighten me as to the joys of the place then - it's a grotty small town stuck on the edge of the Severn Valley

It floods, nowt ever happened there, it's a dead hole at night (and not much better during the day) and there are few buildings of note - it's the equivalent of Derby or Sunderland each with a bigger better classier town up the road

the ONLY thing that happens is a few days of racing....................   

A few days of world class racing.

i fancy 2 of Willie Mullins tomorrow in first and last races,  Cousin Vinny and Quevega,  got my doubts about Binocular in the champion hurdle as he didn't get up the hill last year and is too short a price in a tough race.

The arkle has me puzzled at the minute, can't decide on that one yet, probably leave it till the last minute and pick the wrong one!lol

My selections for Day 1:

Supreme:

Ainama @ 12/1 e/w

Micheal Flips @ 14/1 e/w

Arkle:

Forpadydeplasterer @ 9/1 e/w

William Hill Chase:

Golden Flight @ 16/1 e/w

Millenium Royal @ 9/1 e/w

Champion Hurdle:

Ashkazar @ 20/1 e/w

Osana @ 10/1 e/w