The horse racing thread

Guest chopey

Altior in the final furlong is one of racings greatest sights. Magnificent beast.

Aye, totally agree with this I thought it was caught but it just finds an extra gear from somewhere.

Any tips for today? I've had a middling week so far...

No such thing as horse tips. Have a go yourself.

Especially at Cheltenham where the classiest horses run and are all trying too.

I find that’s the best time to bet though. If you’ve done your homework and know the context of the form, you can make a few quid quite easily.

I have a few fiver bets on today but that’s it. Not been following it this year so just a stab in the dark.

Think Real Steal could go well in the first today. Can still get 6/1 so do it each way to cover your bet.

• 2 months later...

Anyone having a punt at Epsom over the weekend? My flat season has been treating me well so far. But still plenty of time to throw it all away.

I like two big prices in the Oaks, Lavender’s Blue and Frankellina. Race looks wide open and they’re decent each way prices.

Derby looks a decent race, albeit currently lacking a standout fav or superstar. I’m on Broome ante post at 10’s and might chance an each way saver on Madhmoon getting the trip.

• 4 weeks later...

That Frankie thing was mental.  Was certain the last two in the handicaps would get stuffed.  But wasn't far off getting 5 in a row!

I was having a stinker the first two days.  The ground was shite and I kept getting hitting the woodwork.  Thursday started to turn and then yesterday I had Advertise, Watch Me and Baghdad.  8/1, 20/1 and 5/1.  So gives me a nice bit to waste today. 

I like Mirage Dancer and City Light.  Plus Watchable each way at a big price in the Wokingham.

• 1 year later...

I've looked into Cheltenham for the last couple of weeks and I've came up with a selection in each race. I'll leave the handicaps out as they're very much subject to change.

Day 1

Surpreme - Appreciate It

Arkle - Allmankind E.W

Champion Hurdle - Goshen

Mares Hurdle - Concertista

National Hunt - Royal Pagaille

Day 2

Ballymore - Bob Olinger

Novice Chase - Monkfish

Champion Chase - Chacun Pour Soi

Cross Country - Some Neck E.W

Bumper - Kilcruit

Day 3

Marsh - Envoi Allen

Ryanair - Saint Calvados E.W

Stayers - Flooring Porter E.W

Mares Hurdle - Pont Aval E.W

Day 4

Triumph - Zanahiyr

Albert Bartlett - Barbados Bucks

Gold Cup - Native River E.W

Foxhunters - Bob & Co

Mares Chase - Annie Mc E.W

I am keen on some handicappers as well. Alnadam in the Ultima, Saint Sam in the Boodles, Zanza in the Grand Annual, You Raised Me Up in the County and Mrs Milner in the Pertemps. Best bet of each day in bold.

I went on the Tuesday last year.  Seems mental in hindsight, as by the Friday.  Everyone was calling for it to be stopped. 

More of a flat man, but been having a listen to some previews whilst out walking the dog.  We do a tipping comp for every big meeting and festival.  I've won and placed in a couple of the flat ones.  But don't have the knowledge here.  Might just go with your picks :lol: