Hull City vs Newcastle United - March Sat 14 KO-15:00

Skirge

No win, no Premiership football next season.

Of course it wont be definite, but for me we may aswell, given the fact we have 4 very tough games after it. I just cant see all the sides around us not gaining points in the next 5 games, we have to be gaining with them.

Unchanged side forme, no matter who is back, they won't be match fit so reward the passion and fight of the 11 that faced Man Ure.

Providing no-one is injured i'd agree with that.

Guest Heneage

We must do something in this game. Can't quite think what though.

We showed tonight we have the players for a solid counter attack, if it can catch Man Utd on the hop I'm sure it could cause Hull problems.

Unchanged side forme, no matter who is back, they won't be match fit so reward the passion and fight of the 11 that faced Man Ure.

Providing no-one is injured i'd agree with that.

Butt has to come in for Smith, I don't care how bad Butt is, he's more of an option than Smith.

Is Xisco back for this one?  Might score another against Hull off the bench.  ;D

Gonzalez is back as well isn't he?  Another International being added to the ranks has to be a good thing, although I haven't actually seen him play.  :undecided:

This team plays to the level of their opponents, it is what poorly managed (or un-managed), teams with no leadership or character do.  They might have looked OK against Man Utd today, but that is not indication that they will not slip back into Bolton form against Hull. 

Lose and we're done.

All things considered I think we may even see a return to Guthrie-Butt, which would suit me just fine. (Butt always has a decent game after he's had a two week break.)

Owen to have a late cameo, would be nice if we would be comfortable enough to give Nacho some time in the second half. Every extra body in the central midfield is another step towards keeping Butt/Smith/Geremi out of the starting XI.

Butts been completely useless near all season apart from the Everton game.

On smiths showing tonight hes far far far more of an option than butt.

I'd like to know what about Smith impressed you so much today.

The fact that he only passed the ball straight to the opposition twice?

The fact he was running towards the ball atall made him better than Butt

Giving the opposition the ball twice makes him better than Butt

Actually winning a tackle every now and again also

Butt has been a walking(barely) disaster this season. Teams just pass the ball past him and he stands around watching the defence...atleast Smith gets back to cover also.

You are thinking of Nicky Butt, the short, ridiculously old, balding English midfielder right?  The one who peaked as a player about a decade ago and is battling Shola Ameobi for the honour of worst player in this god awful team?

Barring any training ground injuries (I know, I know...) we'll only have two first senior players out for Hull (Beye and Barton) and one of them (Barton) isn't even guaranteed a first team place.  Things are looking up ever so slightly.

You are thinking of Nicky Butt, the short, ridiculously old, balding English midfielder right?  The one who peaked as a player about a decade ago and is battling Shola Ameobi for the honour of worst player in this god awful team?

No, I'm thinking about Alan Smith, the English midfielder with the ridiculous hair. The one who peaked as a player about a decade ago and is the only person who stops Shola Ameobi from claiming the honour of worst player in this god awful team.

We showed tonight we have the players for a solid counter attack, if it can catch Man Utd on the hop I'm sure it could cause Hull problems.

Best post of the thread so far.

Best post of the thread so far.

Counter attacking is only useful against a side that will actually send a lot of men fowards themselves. Based on the Fulham game though we should get more than enough chances.