Hull City vs Newcastle United - March Sat 14 KO-15:00

Skirge

Guest DiegoNachos

To be honest it would be almost as embarressing as last season when we were the only team to be beaten by Derby. Hull have had a major decline in form and at the start of the season when they beat us I thought "fair game" but at the end of the day if you were to actually watch how they're playing and who they have in their side, they're a mid-table team. And if we're getting beaten by a mid-table team three times in one season, that either suggests that's all we are or we're alot worse.

To be honest it would be almost as embarressing as last season when we were the only team to be beaten by Derby. Hull have had a major decline in form and at the start of the season when they beat us I thought "fair game" but at the end of the day if you were to actually watch how they're playing and who they have in their side, they're a mid-table team. And if we're getting beaten by a mid-table team three times in one season, that either suggests that's all we are or we're alot worse.

Hull wont finsh mid-table though, 14th at best

anyone know why exactly it is illegal to broadcast 3pm games?

It's law that was brought in to protect stadium attendences or something like that I think. I think the idea is, if they showed live TV on a Saturday at 3pm then people would stop going to matches because it'd be easier to watch on TV

It's law that was brought in to protect stadium attendences or something like that I think. I think the idea is, if they showed live TV on a Saturday at 3pm then people would stop going to matches because it'd be easier to watch on TV

so they move it to 515 instead? what morons the FA are

so they move it to 515 instead? what morons the FA are

It is to protect lower league football, if a Premier League game was on TV at 3pm on a Saturday it would have a negative impact on the attendances in the lower leagues and in non league football.

Is this on at Shearer's?

It's illegal to show 3pm games on TV in the UK.

I thought that was just for Saturdays.. 3pm kick offs are new to this season aren't they?

Either way they piss me off. I want fixtures back to normal.

Games have always been Saturday at 3 unless it has to rescheduled or TV.

Yeah sorry I fluffed up my original post, I meant that 3pm Sunday kick offs are relatively new. :)

Positive stuff from Hughton:

“Mo and Oba are definitely a combination that can play and score goals together,” said Hughton, as Owen closes in on a return to action after six weeks out with an ankle injury.

“Just look at the quality they’ve got. They can both score goals – Oba is very explosive on his left foot and right foot, and Mo is just a fantastic finisher.

“But the important thing for that type of player is that they must be given service.

“They’re not giants, but they can thrive in the air as well as on the ground on a regular basis if they get good service in the right areas.

“What they’re not going to do is hold the ball up if you just lob it straight and long up towards them.

“You wouldn’t expect them to beat centre-halves for those balls.

“What we need to do is keep hold of the ball in the opposition half of pitch.”

Bad news is that it's highly unlikely Owen or Guthrie will start.

Guest Brazilianbob

The problem we will have against Hull is that they won't be playing football like Man U.  They will play like Bolton, Wigan et al, and will simply seek to disrupt any attempt by us to build any sort of momentum and to play flowing football.  They will will then try to catch us on the break.  This is what they have done three times this season with no little success.

In other words they will adopt spoiling tactics which we have so far been unable to overcome against the likes of Hull, Bolton and Wigan and I fully expect to see them beat us yet again on saturday if they use the same approach.

The problem we will have against Hull is that they won't be playing football like Man U.  They will play like Bolton, Wigan et al, and will simply seek to disrupt any attempt by us to build any sort of momentum and to play flowing football.  They will will then try to catch us on the break.  This is what they have done three times this season with no little success.

In other words they will adopt spoiling tactics which we have so far been unable to overcome against the likes of Hull, Bolton and Wigan and I fully expect to see them beat us yet again on saturday if they use the same approach.

Martins will be like a breath of fresh air against them. I don't think he's faced them yet and he is the type of player who will cause any defence, nevermind Hull's defence, big problems.

Mo and Oba are definitely a combination that can play and score goals together, said Hughton, as Owen closes in on a return to action after six weeks out with an ankle injury.

Just look at the quality theyve got. They can both score goals Oba is very explosive on his left foot and right foot, and Mo is just a fantastic finisher.

But the important thing for that type of player is that they must be given service.

Theyre not giants, but they can thrive in the air as well as on the ground on a regular basis if they get good service in the right areas.

What theyre not going to do is hold the ball up if you just lob it straight and long up towards them.

You wouldnt expect them to beat centre-halves for those balls.

What we need to do is keep hold of the ball in the opposition half of pitch.

Owen will be on the bench, Hull will be shitting themselves at the prospect of him coming on for the last 30mins. We just have to hope that he actually gets given 30 mins rather than 5mins by Hughton.

Guthrie, I'm not too fussed about. He's a good player potentially, but I'm not convinced he'd have much more impact than Smith or Geremi in this one.

Spot on, that's why I don't quite agree with those who are expecting us to continue our decent bit of form shown against Man Utd into the rest of the season and stay up comfortably because of it.

Totally different styles of opposition.

Guest toonlass

Mo and Oba are definitely a combination that can play and score goals together,” said Hughton, as Owen closes in on a return to action after six weeks out with an ankle injury.

“Just look at the quality they’ve got. They can both score goals – Oba is very explosive on his left foot and right foot, and Mo is just a fantastic finisher.

“But the important thing for that type of player is that they must be given service.

“They’re not giants, but they can thrive in the air as well as on the ground on a regular basis if they get good service in the right areas.

“What they’re not going to do is hold the ball up if you just lob it straight and long up towards them.

“You wouldn’t expect them to beat centre-halves for those balls.

“What we need to do is keep hold of the ball in the opposition half of pitch.”

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/moe.jpg

We beat Bolton 1-0.  :pow:

You make it sound like Hull will be kicking lumps out of your players, because they fear the expansive flowing football that would occur otherwise. You arejoking/exaggerating, right?

You make it sound like Hull will be kicking lumps out of your players, because they fear the expansive flowing football that would occur otherwise. You arejoking/exaggerating, right?

We are the new Arsenal so we have to put up with this sort of sh1t when we play sides like Hull. It goes with the territory.