Hull City vs Newcastle United - March Sat 14 KO-15:00

Skirge

That's the worry for me - that our lot aren't prepared to knuckle down and scrap. I saw nothing of that when I went to Bolton and Blackburn. The likes of Hull and Stoke will mix it up a bit. I'm not sure our lads are that bothered.

Yes we played well against Man United - but also remember that it was an opportunity for those players (who played) who want away, to put themsleves in the shop window for the summer.

The problem we will have against Hull is that they won't be playing football like Man U.  They will play like Bolton, Wigan et al, and will simply seek to disrupt any attempt by us to build any sort of momentum and to play flowing football.  They will will then try to catch us on the break.  This is what they have done three times this season with no little success.

In other words they will adopt spoiling tactics which we have so far been unable to overcome against the likes of Hull, Bolton and Wigan and I fully expect to see them beat us yet again on saturday if they use the same approach.

You make it sound like Hull will be kicking lumps out of your players, because they fear the expansive flowing football that would occur otherwise. You arejoking/exaggerating, right?

No, they'll be kicking lumps out of our players because they know that fundamentally they are better given time and space. Disrupting our play is a pretty easy and effective tactic, but one the likes of Man Utd don't have to worry about.

All Bob's saying is that we'll not have the space to pass the ball about and counter like we did against Man Utd as it'll be a totally different style of game. And I agree.

The problem we will have against Hull is that they won't be playing football like Man U.  They will play like Bolton, Wigan et al, and will simply seek to disrupt any attempt by us to build any sort of momentum and to play flowing football.  They will will then try to catch us on the break.  This is what they have done three times this season with no little success.

In other words they will adopt spoiling tactics which we have so far been unable to overcome against the likes of Hull, Bolton and Wigan and I fully expect to see them beat us yet again on saturday if they use the same approach.

You make it sound like Hull will be kicking lumps out of your players, because they fear the expansive flowing football that would occur otherwise. You arejoking/exaggerating, right?

No, they'll be kicking lumps out of our players because they know that fundamentally they are better given time and space. Disrupting our play is a pretty easy and effective tactic, but one the likes of Man Utd don't have to worry about.

All Bob's saying is that we'll not have the space to pass the ball about and counter like we did against Man Utd as it'll be a totally different style of game. And I agree.

I also agree, just the way he worded it.

Fwiw, 0-0.

Guest Nufc4Life

I presume with us already going to this place this season a few of you will know the best pub to go to for away fans?

I've seen on football ground guide that the Brickmasters, next to the car park is a good one for away fans, presume a fair few of our lot will be there?

As for the result, reminds me a lot of West Brom in the build up, i think we'll beat em, 4th time lucky...

HUGE

Couldn't agree more. We owe these upstarts an absolute mauling. Doubt we'll give it to them though.  :kinnear:

Don't worry mate, we'll win by 3 clear goals, Crumpy will start a thread entitled "papering over the cracks" and everyone will argue amongst each other and berate one another for not being able to just enjoy a victory. It's all mapped out.

HUGE

Couldn't agree more. We owe these upstarts an absolute mauling. Doubt we'll give it to them though.  :kinnear:

Don't worry mate, we'll win by 3 clear goals, Crumpy will start a thread entitled "papering over the cracks" and everyone will argue amongst each other and berate one another for not being able to just enjoy a victory. It's all mapped out.

:lol:

Draw in this one for me.

That's the worry for me - that our lot aren't prepared to knuckle down and scrap. I saw nothing of that when I went to Bolton and Blackburn. The likes of Hull and Stoke will mix it up a bit. I'm not sure our lads are that bothered.

Yes we played well against Man United - but also remember that it was an opportunity for those players (who played) who want away, to put themsleves in the shop window for the summer.

Which we've proved 3 times v Hull already this season.

An essential prerequisite of the top league is to have top athletes in the team who can swarm all over the opposition.

Hull will do this on Saturday.

Our policy of ensuring that the side has its percentage of has beens present will ensure once again that we will struggle despite mediocre opposition.

Portsmouth will typically win their game in hand against Manu. That's them three points clear of us. Then if we lose to Hull, and Pompey win their respective next game... that's us six points adrift of safety.

Worst case scenario i know, but not majorly unlikely. Imagine if we were six points off safety ffs.

Just a reality check for those still opting for number 1 on the Relegationometer. ;)