Mirandinha

Thespence

Denis Wise has got him doing a bit of scouting for the club in Brazil. Nearly joined the club under SBR coaching the kids, that is what he still wants to do & they way he was talking he could be coming in soon.

Him & Den watched a few youth games together in Jan.

Guest Heneage

He seems to really love the club. In his interview he cites not rejoining us as his biggest regret.

He seems to really love the club. In his interview he cites not rejoining us as his biggest regret.

If you want to read about a South American who loves Newcastle get this months The Mag & read Tino's interview.

i remember me & my mate skiving off school to go to Norwich to see his debut,  i told my mam i was stopping the night at his and vice versa and think we went back to his cousin when we got back to Newcastle. 

When he first joined the club, he was given a house in Bedlington (on The Chesters estate) Regularly used to have kickabouts with the little'uns who lived around there at the time. Loads of my old schoolmates had his autograph. Really sound bloke by all accounts.

Also remember Gazza taking him 'under his wing' and teaching him all of the English and geordie swearwords! :D

When he first joined the club, he was given a house in Bedlington (on The Chesters estate) Regularly used to have kickabouts with the little'uns who lived around there at the time. Loads of my old schoolmates had his autograph. Really sound bloke by all accounts.

Also remember Gazza taking him 'under his wing' and teaching him all of the English and geordie swearwords! :D

Aye, and trying to explain the offside rule!

Ridiculous to think he was the first Brazilian to play in England.

Nobody else had the b---s to try for one before...we did it out of desperation because Beardsley was leaving.

If the comment is in any way a dig at the guy's ability, you are wrong ; he did OK until he damaged his hamstrings on Luton's plastic pitch and was never the same after that ; scored twice at Old Trafford to give us a 2-2 draw, the second a great diving header, in one of his first games for us.

He fell foul of the turmoil when the takeover was going on - he backed the Magpie Group and I met him at the offices - a really decent lad, had learned quite a bit of English and told me about the training regimes in Brazil..once Jim Smith took over as manager, he wanted Mira out because he knew John Hall wanted to replace him as manager when he got power, so anyone who backed the Magpie Group was persona non grata.

Whilst he wasn't in the class of Ronaldo,Ronaldinho etc, he was still a decent player who was at the club at the wrong time.

Guest washeymag

Can remember when we got beat of Wimbledon at St James and at the end of the match Mirandinha kicked a Wimbledon player up the ass and was chased all over the pitch I think it was Dennis Wise or Vinne Jones but not 100% sure it was class  :laugh: :laugh:

Guest johnson293

Can remember when we got beat of Wimbledon at St James and at the end of the match Mirandinha kicked a Wimbledon player up the ass and was chased all over the pitch I think it was Dennis Wise or Vinne Jones but not 100% sure it was class   :laugh: :laugh:

It was Dave Beasant.

Little Mira... still remember his winning penalty at the Kop in '88 - he celebrated by holding the badge on his shirt , and skipped away in front of the scousers, while being pelted by coins - fences in place at the time of course.... Class!! ;D

Can remember when we got beat of Wimbledon at St James and at the end of the match Mirandinha kicked a Wimbledon player up the ass and was chased all over the pitch I think it was Dennis Wise or Vinne Jones but not 100% sure it was class :laugh: :laugh:

It was Dave Beasant.

Little Mira... still remember his winning penalty at the Kop in '88 - he celebrated by holding the badge on his shirt , and skipped away in front of the scousers, while being pelted by coins - fences in place at the time of course.... Class!! ;D

I was at Anfield that day. Fucking class day it was.

We've got Mirandinha / He's not from Argentina / He's from Brazil / He's fucking brill.

I saw him in WH Smiths in Eldon Square once, with his Mrs. His Mrs looked a bit like Little Richard.

• 2 months later...

Mira in charge? that would be something  :lol:

Former Newcastle United favourite Mirandinha believes Alan Shearer was the wrong choice for the manager's job at St James' Park.

Coaching rookie Shearer has taken charge of his boyhood idols in a desperate bid to help arrest the slide towards The Championship.

Ahead of the critical Tyne-Tees derby with Middlesbrough, which is exclusively live on Setanta, Mirandinha has offered his opinion on events at his old club.

The Brazilian has a dream to manage The Magpies himself and is distressed by their current predicament.

"I was happy to play for Newcastle and I am very saddened by this situation, the risk of relegation," he told Globo Esporte.

"I follow the team's games and hope so much that it does not happen, it would be horrible for a city that lives football so intensely.

"With all due respect to what Alan Shearer has done for the club and for English football, he was an unfortunate choice at this moment in time.

"He had never coached a team and took over with Newcastle in a delicate situation.

"All professionals live to dream and I have mine. I was ready to work for Newcastle to help them stay in the division and I still want to manage the club."

The 49-year-old still has links with Newcastle but coaches Fortaleza in his homeland.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/05/11/Prem-Mirandinha-on-Newcastle/gnid-52392/