Kinnear back for Spurs game?

Dave

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/03/08/newcastle-boss-joe-kinnear-set-to-make-comeback-on-april-18-115875-21180891/

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear set to make comeback on April 18

Exclusive By Brian Mcnally, sundaymirror.co.uk 8/03/2009

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear is set to make an amazing comeback just NINE weeks after a triple heart by-pass.

Kinnear, who was rushed to hospital on February 7 after being taken ill at the team hotel at West Brom, has pencilled in his return for the game against Tottenham on Saturday April 18.

Kinnear told Sunday Mirror Sport: "I am feeling really good and am desperate to get back. I'm hoping I will return for the Spurs game."

Since the 3-2 win at West Brom Newcastle have collected just one point from three games under caretaker Chris Hughton.

\o/

We'll have six games remaining.

Better than having Hughton there. In the same way it's better having Stalin rather than Hitler.

Stalin was responsible for more deaths wasn't he?  ;D

You could say it's like having Stalin opposed to Chairman Mao.

Because Kinnear looks a bit like Stalin and Hughton does have a hint of Chairman Mao about him. Sort of. :shifty:

Our saviour returns.

To be honest I don't think Hughton (and Calderwood) are much worse than him, indeed the Man Utd game was the best I've seen us play in a while. If we could keep that level of performance up when we play the clubs we should be beating you'd expect us to be OK, especially with players returning from injury.

This to me confirms Kinnear will be here next season btw. If we stay up, it will be well done Joe and co. If we go down, it will be we lost points because Joe was out for an important set of fixtures so he cant be to blame. You just KNOW it.

What are the chances of him having these health issues again in the near future?

Just seems even more of a crazy idea to keep him on if there's a risk of him being sidelined again by heart problems (and I really don't think the stress of managing this club helps one bit with that).

What are the chances of him having these health issues again in the near future?

Just seems even more of a crazy idea to keep him on if there's a risk of him being sidelined again by heart problems (and I really don't think the stress of managing this club helps one bit with that).

As long as rigamortis hasnt kicked in, "Joe is on board". Even then Llambias will probably tell us Joe is supporting the team and managing it from his box in the ground.

Guest Stephen927

Thats what I'm concerned about. It's a very stressful atmosphere and Kinnear no matter what anyone says about him always gives 110% into his work.

We have to get someone else in. Im living in the hope that they're only saying Kinnear will stay on so the players feel somewhat stable for the time being. Once its all over, Premiership or Championship....i fail to see how Kinnear is the man to take us fowards.

Surely a good amount of better managers would come in for us...given a fresh season in the prem or a chance to manage such a big side in the championship. Kinnear has shown no glimmer of having any idea wtf he is doing. Not long ago he was boasting about how our defence was good because he had the side working on defending the majority of the week....we've gone on to concede the 3rd/4th most amount of goals in the entire prem. His substitutions are mostly crap & ridiculously timed...fair enough he might do better if he had all his players fit, but so would a 5 year old. He isnt up to it.

has anyone seen the wrestler?

past it old bloke, heart operation, mental hair, can't let go of the dream, goes back to work when he shouldn't....

hm, maybe :kinnear: hasn't seen it yet