Quick question

pinkeye

Can anyone on here recall a cup match in recent years when we (at St James') had a crown of under 10k, including the away supporters?

I have an Everton fan, kid I think, trying to wind me up saying that he was at St james' for a cup game where the crowd was 9 1/2k made up of 7 1/2k Newastle fans and 2k Everton fans.

I am sure he is an idiot as the lowest crowd I can remember is around 18k and I have been going to the match for many years, even going back to the old bottom of Division 2 days and maybe we have had a couple of 15k's in league games but, nothing lower!

Give me the confidence to boot this child up his virtual arse please.

Guest DiegoNachos

He might be on about a reserves match to be honest. I've never once seen or heard of a match under 10k in attendance.

Guest WashyGeordie

We played Everton in the cup, in 02/03 or 01/02 when we lost on penalties. Doubt it was that crowd though.

And the attendance then was: 34,584..

Guest michaelfoster

He is talking rubbish

Smallest attendances at SJP

21.09.1994 27,208 v Barnsley (League Cup)

28.09.2006 27,012 v Levadia Tallinn (UEFA Cup)

17.09.1998 26,599 v Partizan Belgrade (UEFA Cup)

24.02.2005 26,156 v Heerenveen (UEFA Cup)

17.01.2007 26,099 v Birmingham City (FA Cup)

22.09.1993 25,887 v Notts County (League Cup)

12.09.2001 25,633 v Brentford (League Cup)

23.07.2005 25,135 v Dubnica (Intertoto Cup)

23.11.2006 25,079 v Celta Vigo (UEFA Cup)

25.10.2006 25,028 v Portsmouth (League Cup)

24.09.2008 19,743 v Tottenham (League Cup)

19.08.1992 14,083 v Mansfield Town (League Cup)

16.12.1992 4,609 v Cesena (Anglo Italian Cup)

Guest michaelfoster

I went to a game against Oxford, back in 90/91 when there was 9500 there. Game got called off at HT due to it pissing down (score was 1-1 - Mick Quinn scored for us) Should never have started. :(

I was 3 at the time :D

I went to a game against Oxford, back in 90/91 when there was 9500 there. Game got called off at HT due to it pissing down (score was 1-1 - Mick Quinn scored for us) Should never have started. :(

Was it not fog that got it called off?

Nope - not that one. Think you might be mixing that up with the FA Cup replay against Bournemouth, which was either 90/91 or 91/92. I went to that game as well - and no, we didn't get our cash back  :angry: Was half price for the re-arranged game though.

Nope - not that one. Think you might be mixing that up with the FA Cup replay against Bournemouth, which was either 90/91 or 91/92. I went to that game as well - and no, we didn't get our cash back  :angry: Was half price for the re-arranged game though.

I was at the abandonded game too. Only time thats ever happened to me  :angry:

I thought they were both fogged off.

Seem to remember the ref for one of them coming out at half time with a orange and possibly pink ball and trying to see if the linesman on the far side could see him. They couldn't which was a shame as we were 1up at the time. The ref may well have been Vic Callow but no idea why that just came into my head. It may be the drink.

Regardless in my 26 years of going to see the Toon the lowest attendance excluding the Cesena game was the Spuds game this year as indicated about.

Smallest attendances at SJP

16.12.1992 4,609 v Cesena (Anglo Italian Cup)

Was at that game.

Wasn't there another Anglo Italian home game that year as well? Against Ascoli or Bari if memory serves correctly? Ascoli seems to ring a bell. Sure we only got about 9000 for that and I was at that one as well.

Lowest league att. that I can remember was the final game of 77/78 at SJP against Norwich - we were already relegated, and 7,700 turned up ; the rest thumbed their noses at the Board....

Will be interesting to see what happens this season if the worst occurs, although if it does, we may not go down until the final away match.