Open NUSC meeting - Thursday 19th March

Dave

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/events.php

NUSC Changing Direction - but the aims stay the same

Supporters Trust Meeting

19th March 7.30pm at the Tyneside Irish Centre, St. Andrews Street, Newcastle

NUSC (Newcastle United Supporters Club) have arranged an open meeting to outline its intention to change it's status to that of a Supporters Trust - a democratic, not-for-profit organisation of supporters, committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at Newcastle United. The setting up of the Supporters Trust will be achieved with the help of Supporters Direct who provide advice and support nationally in organising fans groups to get involved in the ownership of clubs they support.

Supporters Direct is an organisation that since it's inception has helped establish Supporters Trusts at over 140 clubs at all levels, from Manchester United to non-league level. NUSC's stated long-term aim is to gain an input into the running of Newcastle United FC on behalf of the fans by acquiring a stake in the club. Achieving trust status is the first step in making this possible. It now has over 1,000 members and is growing on a daily basis.

There will be contributions from a representative from NUSC, James Mathie (Supporters Direct), John Gibson, (Evening Chronicle) and members of trusts set up by supporters of other football clubs. The Meeting will start at 7.30pm and last for approximately 2 hours.

www.supporters-direct.org

It's going to be broadcasted over the net again apparently, so should be an interesting listen to see if anything's changed.

If you have anything at all positive to say about Ashley I wouldn't bother going.  I listened the last meeting and when someone said he wasn't total anti-Ashley he was laughed at by everyone.  :-X

I don't really see the point in the meetings.

Ashley has done this wrong...Agreed!

Ashley has done that wrong...Agreed!

Ashley has actually improved the club in this area... :kinnear:...HAHAHAHHAHA

I'm going to go along to this to see what they haveto say,  I am against there current views and if like Happy Face et al say they are going to listen to what I have to say and take it on board then I may consider joining, however if what I expect to happen happens (all Ashley out bollocks),  I'll oppose them once more.

I wonder how they expect to "get involved in the ownership" of a private company owned by a man they spend their entire time slagging off.

I'm also interested to see how a "organisation of supporters, committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at Newcastle United." ties in with organising pie and pint boycotts of the club while urging fans to spend their money at establishments with no investment in Newcastle?

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but to really acquire a stake in the club and have a say in the running of the club the whole outlook of the NUSC would need a 180 degree turn.

Changing Direction - but the aims stay the same

19th March 7.30pm at the Tyneside Irish Centre, St. Andrews Street, Newcastle

NUSC (Newcastle United Supporters Club) have arranged an open meeting to outline its intention to change it's status to that of a Supporters Trust - a democratic, not-for-profit organisation of supporters, committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at Newcastle United. The setting up of the Supporters Trust will be achieved with the help of Supporters Direct who provide advice and support nationally in organising fans groups to get involved in the ownership of clubs they support.

Supporters Direct is an organisation that since it's inception has helped establish Supporters Trusts at over 140 clubs at all levels, from Manchester United to non-league level. NUSC's stated long-term aim is to gain an input into the running of Newcastle United FC on behalf of the fans by acquiring a stake in the club. Achieving trust status is the first step in making this possible. It now has over 1,000 members and is growing on a daily basis.

There will be contributions from a representative from NUSC, James Mathie (Supporters Direct), John Gibson, (Evening Chronicle) and members of trusts set up by supporters of other football clubs. The Meeting will start at 7.30pm and last for approximately 2 hours.

God bless those fantastic lads and lasses at NUSC doing the thankless task of trying to save the club  :angel:

If you have anything at all positive to say about Ashley I wouldn't bother going.  I listened the last meeting and when someone said he wasn't total anti-Ashley he was laughed at by everyone.  :-X

I don't really see the point in the meetings.

Ashley has done this wrong...Agreed!

Ashley has done that wrong...Agreed!

Ashley has actually improved the club in this area... :kinnear:...HAHAHAHHAHA

The laughing wasn't malicious, as if "who's that daft cunt". The lad stood up and said (chuckling himself, I might add) that he wasn't particularly anti-Ashley and some of the crowd had a titter too. Nothing really to right home about. He put his views across and that's that.

Guest dover

I wonder how they expect to "get involved in the ownership" of a private company owned by a man they spend their entire time slagging off.

This  :clap:  Can anyone , who i will not verbally abuse, explain to me which person came up with that statement about taking a stake in the club? A privately owned club with no shares issue. Are they saving up £250 million?

This  :clap:   Can anyone , who i will not verbally abuse, explain to me which person came up with that statement about taking a stake in the club? A privately owned club with no shares issue. Are they saving up £250 million?

At £10 each they'd only need 25 million members, but they'd have to stop blowing the subs on keyrings.

This  :clap:   Can anyone , who i will not verbally abuse, explain to me which person came up with that statement about taking a stake in the club? A privately owned club with no shares issue. Are they saving up £250 million?

A private business can sell any amount of equity at any price it wants. A public company can not control the price of that equity, other than through performance.

If Ashley wanted the money (and the grief) he could give them a share. 

This  :clap:   Can anyone , who i will not verbally abuse, explain to me which person came up with that statement about taking a stake in the club? A privately owned club with no shares issue. Are they saving up £250 million?

A private business can sell any amount of equity at any price it wants. A public company can not control the price of that equity, other than through performance.

Which brings us to the "owned by a man they spend the entire time slagging off" bit.

Guest Howaythetoon

A step forward for NUSC which will (in time) ultimately lead them away from being a pressure/protest group.  :thup:

Which brings us to the "owned by a man they spend the entire time slagging off" bit.

Indeed. Its as though they didnt really think the whole thing through isnt it.

Guest dover

Thats good then, I hope MA agrees to sell some equity to the 1000 members of NUSC, would make for some interesting board room meeting minutes:

NUSC: we want you and your lot out

MA: I tried to sell, nobody wanted to buy

NUSC: We still want you out

MA: for free?

NUSC: yeah, yeah for the good of the club

MA: Whos going to run it then and pay the the £15 million every year needed to stay afloat?

NUSC: erm we`ll borrow it

MA: Against what?

NUSC: er, the club, we`ll borrow against the club, yeah thats it so sling yer hook

MA: and the £30 million transfer fund?

NUSC: The same, we`ll borrow it

MA: And pay severence to all the backroom staff and settle previous transfers?

NUSC We`ll borrow it

MA: your at the wrong club lads, you want to be in Leeds, meeting ajourned.

Guest fading star

Or perhaps you didn’t? Ashley’s bound to bail out in a few years, if not sooner. By the time the ST has raised a significant amount of money he’ll be long gone.

Or perhaps you didnt? Ashleys bound to bail out in a few years, if not sooner. By the time the ST has raised a significant amount of money hell be long gone.

By which time the club will be in a position to be self sufficient? Or are they raising enough money for transfers every year?

Guest fading star

Who knows what the future will bring, but it does no harm to be prepared to take advantage of any opportunities that might arise. 

Going back to the first ever meeting when NUSC was formed, the long term goal for it was some sort of fan representation at boardroom level,  it doesn't have to be under the Ashley regime,  it may well be an impossible dream,  it may happen in 5 years time, 10 years time if new owners come in,  i doubt it'll happen under AShley but you never know.

Guest fading star

Going back to the first ever meeting when NUSC was formed, the long term goal for it was some sort of fan representation at boardroom level,  it doesn't have to be under the Ashley regime,  it may well be an impossible dream,  it may happen in 5 years time, 10 years time if new owners come in,  i doubt it'll happen under AShley but you never know.

This is true. 

NUSC’s core objective is sound. Effective representation of supporters may not lead to utopia, but it can curb the worst excesses of owner abuse. Give supporters a way of being loyal without being shit on. If we’d had a 10,000 strong NUSC ten years ago Shepherd would have thought twice about kicking supporters out of their seats, and if he’d still gone ahead we could have put up a real fight. As is was it was left to six blokes to stand up for supporters rights.

Guest darman

Smacks of the money's running out and we need more members to me.  They'll only be happy when we're relegated so that can smugly tell everyone they told us so.

Smacks of the money's running out and we need more members to me.  They'll only be happy when we're relegated so that can smugly tell everyone they told us so.

They will be happy we got relegated?  They are completely obsessed about club being run into the ground, so they create a group where they try and get attention from NUFC and slam them for previous decisions which has led to our situation - so they can say 'i told you so' thats unreal.

This is true. 

NUSCs core objective is sound. Effective representation of supporters may not lead to utopia, but it can curb the worst excesses of owner abuse. Give supporters a way of being loyal without being shit on. If wed had a 10,000 strong NUSC ten years ago Shepherd would have thought twice about kicking supporters out of their seats, and if hed still gone ahead we could have put up a real fight. As is was it was left to six blokes to stand up for supporters rights.

Sometimes Chairmen and owners have to make unpopular decisions to grow the club, and fans don't always see the bigger picture. I doubt Shepherd was moving those six supporters because he had something against them, it was probably commercial reasons. This is why I don't trust fans to have too much say on club policies, although sensible input would be a good thing.

Guest fading star

Lee, is that you?