If we go down, how will you watch us next season?

ChezGiven

It will be an almighty pisser for those of us living abroad - I can currently watch every single match with a decent crowd of Geordie expats down my local (mixed blessing this season mind...) and will really miss the social side as much as anything.

Where do you live out of interest?

I'll still be watching in the stadium.

I wonder which tier I'll be in though, because I imagine L7 will be canny sparse...and I ain't paying to move.

Might shut it. Save on costs. I know it costs Leeds an extra £20k to open the top of their big stand per game so they only open it when they play Huddersfield or some1 where a decent gate is expected.

I watch them online when it works and currently go to all the London games and try to get to 1 home game a season. next year ill be at uni in birmingham hopefully, so we'll have to see which clubs are within an hour and a bit and then the odd home game i guess!

Guest float one in

i know 2 lads who were part of our regular circle till 3 or 4 years when they packed in who'll be going to SJP again IF we go down.

Is that because it'll be cheaper to go if we go down? I can imagine that the general patter in the stands might be a bit better if we go down - at least some of the moaners might not bother turning up.

I'm one of the ones who will probably end up hardly seeing us play, since I only ever get to SJP when I'm up home at Christmas and rely on watching satellite matches in the pub, apart from a handful of aways per season.

It will be an almighty pisser for those of us living abroad - I can currently watch every single match with a decent crowd of Geordie expats down my local (mixed blessing this season mind...) and will really miss the social side as much as anything.

Same here. I'd very much miss being at Nevada Smith's in NYC for the games. I'm piss poor broke, don't have the money to afford expensive cable packages to watch these kinds of games either, and since I'm in NYC, I can't get satellite. I'd have to depend on the Chinese guys to watch, which is always a dicey hit-or-miss proposition, and I'll almost exclusively be following along on this forum. So for me, there is absolutely zero advantage for the team going down, absolutely nothing good come of it for me.

Guest Darth Toon

Where do you live out of interest?

Paphos in Cyprus - quite a few Geordies over here!

i know 2 lads who were part of our regular circle till 3 or 4 years when they packed in who'll be going to SJP again IF we go down.

Is that because it'll be cheaper to go if we go down? I can imagine that the general patter in the stands might be a bit better if we go down - at least some of the moaners might not bother turning up.

I'm one of the ones who will probably end up hardly seeing us play, since I only ever get to SJP when I'm up home at Christmas and rely on watching satellite matches in the pub, apart from a handful of aways per season.

the banter. it'll be less serious.

I'll probably end up attending more home games than I've managed over recent seasons.

Not living in Newcastle & not having my own transport has often meant that any games not played on a Saturday have been off limits to me, but with more Championship games taking place on Saturdays (& having my own transport now too) I'll be able to see more games.

It'll be crap for me. My only currrent option where I live is an Irish pub that shows Sky matches.

I've been wondering whether relegation would mean that online Radio Newcastle or Century FM match commentary might get unblocked to non-British IP numbers, but I'm guessing it won't.

I wonder what our attendances would be like next season if we do go down.

Maybe an early interest depending on what happens in the summer (if we did go down)  if the team look like they are up for it and have a half decent manager in then i think the crowds would pick up.

If its shambles in the summer then i think we will see some pretty low crowds.

More games.

Fewer home games moved for telly.

Less whinging.

Plenty more away games I could get to.

Fewer cheating, overpaid, overhyped primadonnas on show - both for us and the opposition.

A little more like the working man's game of old.

Might actually win a few matches.

Might actually dominate the league and be a feared team.

Might get to go to Wembley.

We'd have the pick of players at that level.

Would get rid of most of the wasters and bring the wage bill back in line (we all know they love that shit).

It would still be a massive fucking disaster though, and I sincerely hope it doesn't happen. :undecided: