Claudio Ranieri

Guest Christian Hayne

Guest Christian Hayne

I have noticed that many of the top teams in the premier league most of them have foreign managers is this a coincidence or are they the best managers tactically and shrewd in the transfer market. Freddy Shepherd seems as though he does not favour foreign managers after Ruud Gullit. The previous managers after Gullit have all been British managers, Robson, Souness and currently Roeder; out of those three appointments Robson has been by far the best and is one of the most successful British mangers. Previous to another point I made about foreign mangers being more successful is that Robson has had extensive European experience as managers of teams in different countries. Although Souness did work in Europe as a manger it is was not over the length of time of Robson. Roeder earned the job based on his time in caretaker charge and his previous records with other clubs had not been taken into account.  I firmly believe if we are going to challenge in the league and in Europe we need a foreign manger in charge to bring knowledge of European teams European tactics and knowledge of different transfer markets. I think that the best manger for the job of Newcastle manger is Ranieri this is beacuase he has worked in Europe for many years as manger and has also got premiership experience as manager. These two things can work in tandem and help Newcastle achieve there expectations. Not only has he got the experience of Europe and the Premiership he has worked with some of our players before at Chelsea such as Babayaro, Parker and Duff. These players have all worked with Ranieri no how he likes to play and what is expected from them. As Ranieri is from a foreign country he can help our players in the squad from different leagues settle into the premiership and life in England the same way he had too. As for Ranieri’s record:

Napoli

Napoli was his first managerial appointment and finished fourth in his first season in charge and introduced Zola to the world. He did not win any silverware during his time in charge.

Fiorentina

He gained promotion in his first season and then had success in Serie A, winning the Coppa Italia and suppercoppa Italiana.

Valencia (1)

At his first spell at Valencia he guided them to the Champions league and the Copa del Rev. He was also responsible for the development of several youth players.

Atlético Madrid

The club went into administration and he resigned.

Chelsea

In his first season Chelsea reached 6th and a UEFA Cup Place. He then spent £30 million on his next squad with Lampard and William Gallas among the transfers. Their league position id not change that year and they finished 6th once again however they reached the FA Cup final. In his third season Chelsea finished in a Champions League place. He also brought John Terry through the Academy and Robert Huth. Ranieri spent £120 Million in the next season when Ambramovich took charge of the club. He bought players like Damien Duff, Scott Parker Wayne Bridge etc…

They finished second in the premiership that season to the team that was unbeaten, and semi finalists in the Champions League.

I think he is the best man for Job!!!

Guest Christian Hayne

sounds good, but does he have a job? and if he doesnt, would he want to join us??

hes not currently in a job and he said in the summer he would like to come

Getttable and imo good managers at this time I would only go for Curbishley.

If we had more time and weren't in danger of being relegated and still semi-gettable I'd have Hiddink.

Ungettable and fantasy land stuff:Thomas Doll, Rijkaard or Van Basten.

Guest Christian Hayne

i understand the thinking behind Hitzfeld but has no expeirance in the premier league and does not know any of our players.

Getttable and imo good managers at this time I would only go for Curbishley.

If we had more time and weren't in danger of being relegated and still semi-gettable I'd have Hiddink.

Ungettable and fantasy land stuff:Thomas Doll, Rijkaard or Van Basten.

It's a fairly open secret that Abrhamovich influenced the signing of Hiddink by the Russian FA, in case he ever needs to get rid of Jose. So he's a non starter TBH.

What the team need now, apart from a new board, is a manager of renoun that the team can, all at once, respect, fear, trust and understand.

These are the boxes which must be ticked in any possible candidate.

Admittedly, only the very top managers can tick them all.

Guest ryunufc

I agree when you back up your suggestion with us having Duff, Parker and Babayaro. He will be interested and appeared to me as more likely option to Hitzfeld/Sven/ Houllier considering where we lay on the table.

Guest ryunufc

He handled pressure from Roman very well at Chelsea, he should be able to handle FS. But I still prefer FS to leave the club.

I'd prefer Gerard Houllier.

And he'd come.

Ranieri didnt do to well after leaving Chelsea, did he ? Wasn't he sacked at Valencia ?

I'd prefer Gerard Houllier.

And he'd come.

Ranieri didnt do to well after leaving Chelsea, did he ? Wasn't he sacked at Valencia ?

Aye think he was sacked at Valencia, and we have to think that he could even win the Premiership with ambramovich's money

Guest king harry

The best up and coming british manager is Paul Jewell. I wouldnt be surprised to see him manage Liverpool one day. If newcastle got him, he would turn them into atop 5 side.