The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

34-year-old Bayern Munich midfielder Ze Roberto is said to be attracting interest from Newcastle United, according to reports.

The Brazilian midfielder, who is set to reject a one-year contract extension from the Munich-based club has reportedly caught the eye of several Premiership clubs, including United.

'I feel fine being at Munich and I will discuss the offer with my agent as well as with my wife,' he said.

'But I am at the top of my game actually and, honestly, a 12-month contract may not be long enough for me.'

Fulham, Wigan Athletic, and Hull City are all keen to offer the veteran midfielder a chance to ply his trade in English football - although, it has emerged that despite the banter in the popular press, Newcastle United will forgo the chance to sign the 34-year-old.

It's from vitalfootball though

Newcastle United are understood to be interested in signing West Ham midfielder Jack Collison. The Magpies have kept a close eye on the 20-year-old Welshman, and it has now emerged that the club are preparing a summer swoop for the youth.

A product of West Ham's Academy, Collison has been one of the brightest prospects of the season, making an impressive 16 appearances and scoring three goals.

Amidst his Premiership fame, the midfielder has also established himself on the International front by making his mark for Wales.

It is understood that The Hammers will be reluctant to part company with their prized asset, but reports indicate that the club difficult financial situation might force Gianfranco Zola's hand.

Collison is among a host of candidates the Magpies are considering for the summer, with City's Michael Johnson also one of the premier targets for the North-East club.

Also from vitalfootball

Madjid Bougherra has revealed that he turned down a wage rise to stay at Rangers rather than join Newcastle.

The Premier League outfit moved for the defender during the transfer window, but he did not want to become embroiled in another relegation battle.

“I joined Charlton as I wanted to get into The Premier League quickly, but I ended up being relegated,” Bougherra said in The Scottish Sun

“I’ve had a repeat scenario this season. Six perfect months with Rangers, then Newcastle came in for me. Like Charlton were, they are in The Premier League, but fighting to stay up. I did not want to make that same mistake again.

“I want to end the season with Rangers and savour it, knowing I can play my game and enjoy the manager’s full confidence in me.

“I’m enjoying myself at Rangers, and I don’t see why I should leave.

“I could make twice as much money at Newcastle as Rangers don’t pay much more than what I was on at Charlton. I am not among their best-paid players, but in sporting terms I am at a big club and I am happy with what I’ve got.

“We get 50,000 crowds for every home game, and are in Europe every year.

“My heart is with Rangers. I want to stay with them for another season at the very least.

“I have climbed the ladder. It would be illogical for me to leave Rangers for a club struggling to stay up, knowing I will play European football next season.”

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/03/13/SPL-Bougherra-on-Newcastle/gnid-44217/

If true, I wonder if he was getting signed to replace one of Colo or Taylor or to boost numbers.

But whilst you're at it, this thread too.

Take things a little less serious & just go with the flow or dont post in threads that you think are shite that way they die quicker.

joeyt - CHEERS FOR POSTING THOSE STORIES :thup:

Take things a little less serious & just go with the flow or dont post in threads that you think are shite that way they die quicker.

Well, you did ask. Nothing against the OP.

:aww:

I love you too  :smitten:  :aww:

I'm amazed people are up for posting about transfer targets in the summer after the fiasco in January. We don't even know which division we will be playing in yet so I thnk I'll leave the speculation till September.

Newcastle join Spurs in £3m pursuit of Terriers ace

Newcastle is ready to step up their chase for Shay Given's long-term replacement by making a move for Huddersfield stopper Alex Smithies.

According to reports in the People, the young keeper has been watched by a plethora of Premier League suitors in the past few months, with Spurs and Wigan particular keen, however Newcastle are keen to steal the march for the talented keeper and sent first team coach Colin Calderwood to watch his performance in the mid week draw against the MK Dons.

Huddersfield manager and former Toon star Lee Clark moved quickly in the past few months to get their prized asset Smithies tied up to a long term deal in order to strengthen the Yorkshire side position in negotiations for a future sale. It appears that they are maybe willing to do business, should Newcastle meet their £3m valuation for the young keeper.

http://www.footballfancast.com/blog/newcastle-united/newcastle-join-spurs-%C2%A33m-pursuit-terriers-ace/10707

Yep, we definitely need another young keeper

Guest Heneage

Jack Collison or Mark Noble would be excellent, considering West Ham's financial state.

Collison yes, Noble no thanks.