The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Guest geordienorway

It looks like St Etienne is going down this year. I hope we try for some of their players because they will certainly be an upgrade on what we have. The likes of Gomis, Perrin, Payet and Matuidi would be immense. Imagine a starting XI like this:

Harper

Beye --- Colo ---- Bassong --- Enrique

Perrin-----------Matuidi-----------Jonas

Payet/Martins-----Carroll-------Owen

It looks like St Etienne is going down this year. I hope we try for some of their players because they will certainly be an upgrade on what we have. The likes of Gomis, Perrin, Payet and Matuidi would be immense. Imagine a starting XI like this:

Harper

St. E have been on Setanta a lot & there players look shite, Ilan is the only player who looks decent to me. Gomis it seems is no longer starter for them if recent weeks are to go by. I thought Kevin Mirallas was good at U21 tournament not so long ago but he looks nothing special either.

I like the way your looking at things though by cherry picking what looks like good players from clubs leaving top flight football in one of Europe strongest leagues :thup:

I've heard of Matuidi and Gomis, but I hadn't heard of Payet before; on  wikipedia it says he hasn't scoed for them yet

Loic Nestor is a good player for Le Havre, only 19 and they are destined to go down

Huddlestone has been linked with us recently, yes he is good on the ball but lacks that pace we look like we need.

However, he has dropped his strongest hint yet that he would be prepared to move to secure regular football.

"I am not young any more; I need to be playing week-in and week-out," Huddlestone said.

"I just want to be playing, hopefully at Tottenham but if not, then I will have to have a think.

"If the club decided that they want to get rid of me, then so be it, but it is out of my hands.

"It has been very frustrating as every player wants to play in every game. I am not different."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1626751,00.html

On Gomis, using Google translator:

Bafetimbi Gomis (St Etienne): It just complicates things because Gomis costly ... Or maybe not. Car prices may drop significantly in the likely event that Saint-Etienne in Ligue 2 descend. In Spain, Seville has already approached the player and is again inspired by his agent with an offer greater than or equal to ten million. Indeed, other Spanish team managers follow closely, though often Seville recruits in France.

From: http://www.goal.com/fr/news/32/espagne/2009/04/08/1199114/transferts--les-bonnes-affaires-de-la-liga

Guest geordienorway

Harper

St. E have been on Setanta a lot & there players look s****, Ilan is the only player who looks decent to me. Gomis it seems is no longer starter for them if recent weeks are to go by. I thought Kevin Mirallas was good at U21 tournament not so long ago but he looks nothing special either.

I like the way your looking at things though by cherry picking what looks like good players from clubs leaving top flight football in one of Europe strongest leagues :thup:

You can't really judge these players by St Etienne's season this year though. They have been suffering because of the expectations based on last season and the new manager who has been anything but a success. You can compare St Etienne to Newcastle imo, both teams have good players but they are suffering because of the board and the managers. Payet is a young player who have great technique and pace. He is miles better than what we have on the right-flank, and we could probably get him cheap as well. Matuidi and Perrin are both young players who have great delivery. They are rated very highly in France and Perrin was monitored by Arsenal last summer.  Matuidi has a great left foot, so he can get us some goals from midfield. Gomis is a very good player, and despite he hasn't been able to repeat his fantastic season last year, he is still a powerhouse with an eye for goal. He has 11 goals this season despite St Etienne's dreadful performances, and that is impressive.

I really hope our scouts are tracking good players from teams who's going down, because we are not in a position where we can get the best. We will end up like we did in January if we don't realise that.

Guest LucasUnger

Still wonder why we never go in for Kevin Kuranyi, in my eyes a very handy player to have in the squad, still produces goals in Shalke and doesnt seem to be a target for other teams.

?????????????????

kevin "die torschlampe" kuranyi???

Would people fancy Babel even if he been kind of weak in Liverpool?

Is that a serious question? Please tell me it isn't...Babel would walk into most teams never mind ours.

I wouldn't want Babel here, he's coward, bottles out of loads of challenges, never works and isn't really that good.  Most Liverpool fans agree as well.

Guest Heneage

Would people fancy Babel even if he been kind of weak in Liverpool?

Is that a serious question? Please tell me it isn't...Babel would walk into most teams never mind ours.

Have you seen him lately? everything he touches turns to guff. Shame as he has the talent maybe he's the Dutch Keane.

Guest Phil K

Newcastle have made themselves (or rather, Ashley and Kinnear and his pack of pillocks have) a laughing stock and the football equivalent of a leper colony

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh will decide about his future at the end of the season and has voiced his interest in moving to the Premier League.

Chamakh has scored 10 goals this season for Bordeaux, who sit two points behind Ligue 1 leaders Marseille.

"My contract ends in one year and I'd like to leave with a French championship title with Bordeaux," the 25-year-old told L'Equipe.

"If I leave it'll be abroad or nothing.

"Before talking to the interested clubs, I first want to talk with Bordeaux. It's my team and where I was trained so that's normal.

"I am going to give the priority to England. That's the league I appreciate the most.

"Even if I would give everything to play for teams such as Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal, I don't dream. I am not crazy.

"If I manage to join a team like these ones, it would be a miracle.

"I am not greedy but I rather aim for a club which sits just below the 'big four'.

"To be clear, a team like Tottenham could interest me but not Sunderland."

Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle have been linked with Chamakh over the past few months.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5218038,00.html

We were linked with him in January but I just thought I'd post this for the last sentence which amuses me.

Guest geordienorway

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh will decide about his future at the end of the season and has voiced his interest in moving to the Premier League.

Chamakh has scored 10 goals this season for Bordeaux, who sit two points behind Ligue 1 leaders Marseille.

"My contract ends in one year and I'd like to leave with a French championship title with Bordeaux," the 25-year-old told L'Equipe.

"Before talking to the interested clubs, I first want to talk with Bordeaux. It's my team and where I was trained so that's normal.

"I am going to give the priority to England. That's the league I appreciate the most.

"Even if I would give everything to play for teams such as Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal, I don't dream. I am not crazy.

"I am not greedy but I rather aim for a club which sits just below the 'big four'.

Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle have been linked with Chamakh over the past few months.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5218038,00.html

We were linked with him in January but I just thought I'd post this for the last sentence which amuses me.

I think he would come here. Most foreigners probably see us in the category of teams like Tottenham, Everton and Villa. He is a great player, and if we can get him here it would have been awesome. I hope we go for some of the strikers in Ligue 1 if Owen and Viduka leaves, especially Hoarau and Gomis.

:doh:

Huseklepp got great crosses/passes, an incredible work rate but his end product is awful.

Well that's an improvement over most of our current squad who have almost zero work rate and an awful end product.

Guest geordienorway

Rumour doing the rounds that after the Brann coach Steinar Nilsen said a "big club" would snap up their winger Eirik Huseklepp in the summer, it was us that was the "big club" in question.

What's the source?