The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Guest Heneage

In a 5 man midfield Butt would work.

don't talk nonsense man, he has not one redeemable apect of his game. He's f***ing bollocks

His short passing and tackling are fine. Just play him as a Makalele type working across the pitch instead of up and down.

don't talk nonsense man, he has not one redeemable apect of his game. He's f***ing bollocks

His short passing and tackling are fine. Just play him as a Makalele type working across the pitch instead of up and down.

both are substandard man, didn't he lose more tackles than anyone in the league last season? And as for his passing, let's not start

Guest Heneage

both are substandard man, didn't he lose more tackles than anyone in the league last season? And as for his passing, let's not start

I said his short passing. And Makalele is still a big part of a good PSG Side. He was massive for them last season. It require very little, and while I'm far from "Wor Nicky's "biggest fan, but I can see why some teams may want him, be it Notts County or a Burnley who need a decent grafter who can possibly bring on some young lads.

Right now he's nowhere near our first team, as he doesn't match up. We have Smith who is the tough tackling break up, who has better energy and stamina than Butt.  Guthrie and Barton are the bit of quality and Nolan is a slight attacking threat. He's finished here to be honest and I can see him asking for a move.

I said his short passing. And Makalele is still a big part of a good PSG Side. He was massive for them last season. It require very little, and while I'm far from "Wor Nicky's "biggest fan, but I can see why some teams may want him, be it Notts County or a Burnley who need a decent grafter who can possibly bring on some young lads.

Right now he's nowhere near our first team, as he doesn't match up. We have Smith who is the tough tackling break up, who has better energy and stamina than Butt.  Guthrie and Barton are the bit of quality and Nolan is a slight attacking threat. He's finished here to be honest and I can see him asking for a move.

Throughout both of their careers, Makalele has been far superior to Nicky Butt and he remains far superior in the present.

I meant both Butt's tackling and passing were substandard, not Butt and Makalele BTW  :lol:

12 in 65 in the PL and he's only gonna get worse, I'd rather we went for someone younger.

he's proven in this league. We have no time to go with young and unproven players, we alredy have a catalogue of them

12 in 65 in the PL and he's only gonna get worse, I'd rather we went for someone younger.

he's proven in this league. We have no time to go with young and unproven players, we alredy have a catalogue of them

I didn't say young and unproven, just younger.  So if we do get back in the PL they'll be at, or approaching their peak, rather than heading away from it.

Guest Heneage

Would be useless if we went up though.

that goes for about 70% of our squad. But Earnshaw if memory serves has done ok in the premiership in the past, I remember one season him finishing with 1 in 2.

If that was his record why hasn't someone else bought him? He's not really doing well at this level. Should we go up I'd be looking for.

Harper

New RB  Taylor  New CB  Enrique

New RW  Barton Guthrie  Jonas

Carroll/Ameobi New ST

Guest Heneage

I totally agree, but I'll be amazed if a new owner or even Wor Mikey says to the eventual manager "Go buy yaself two strikers mah dahlin."

we could probably flog him off at the end of the season for a small loss which would have been more than made up for from the goals he scores getting us promoted.  Would definitely take the punt.

We should try to buy Abdelkader Ghezzal from Siena. I've seen him a number of times and he is a really useful forward. If the takeover goes through, we could have a chance to sign him, although a number of Serie A teams are rumoured to be interested.

Guest The Libertine

with the current squad, earnshaw and beckford for £5 million plus 2 or 3 loans would be enough to get us back up.

There is only 2 and a half years between Beckford and Earnshaw, don't see why so many were clambering for Beckford but when a more proven player is linked are dismissive.

I know you have the "proven not good enough" factor but that doesn't mean just because someone hasn't been tested at that level they will be better.