Hull City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 14/03/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Going by the 60 minute Sky-lights -

Colo is a bit of a worry. He's all right if he gets to the ball first, but he struggles when under any kind of physical challenge, on the ground or in the air. I don't think Taylor is better, but assuming we survive, he's one I wouldn't mind seeing replaced.

I was disappointed but not surprised that we started with Owen. Martins and Loevenkrands looked a promising combination to me.

Smith and Geremi did okay, I thought, but we need someone who can get forward from the midfield, with pace.

Owen was great when he was playing behind the strikers. Why not give that another go? Martins and Love/Carroll/Xisco up front with Owen providing service.

Way too risky to play 3 forwards would CH and JK think here...

Was suggested in an interview with Kinnear earlier in the season when Owen, Martins and Viduka were all fit.  He said he preferred 4-4-2.

One question to some people on this thread:

Does anyone seriously believe that it's Hughton actually making these decisions? From what I've read it seems like JK is doing the decision making while watching it on

TV.

Not sticking up for anyone, just something to think about when the blame game starts over the next two weeks.

I suggested that earlier. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's what's happening. At least MotD have been honest. What were Shearer's thoughts?

Chris Hughton is the sort of insipid cabbage that has me praying for the swift return of the clueless Kinneaer.

Hate to agree with this. Kinnear was so bad that he made us forget how awful Hughton was. Hughton is so bad he's got us willing to see how bad Kinnear can be.

Been reading this thread with interest as being out of ther country it provides me with a more accurate reflection on what happened.

Does anyone seriously believe that it's Hughton actually making these decisions? From what I've read it seems like JK is doing the decision making while watching it on

TV.

Not sticking up for anyone, just something to think about when the blame game starts over the next two weeks.

When the blame game starts the buck stops with one man and one man only..

TV.

I suggested that earlier. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's what's happening. At least MotD have been honest. What were Shearer's thoughts?

Sorry must have missed it.

I thought that Kinnear had openly admitted he was picking the team in one or two interviews?

Guest firetotheworks

I watched the highlights before. Got to say like, Im one of Taylors biggest critics, but that was an excellent finish. Just think, if he hadn't have scored that eh. There's still a small, but significant bright side to the result.

After today's result I'm pretty confident we're going down. It's going to be us, M'Boro and WBA. We're just not going to survive with JK as our manager, or Houghton for that matter..  Worse times coming up, sadly. Just me being my realistic, pessimistic, Swedish and most probable self.

After today's result I'm pretty confident we're going down. It's going to be us, M'Boro and WBA. We're just not going to survive with JK as our manager, or Houghton for that matter..  Worse times coming up, sadly. Just me being my realistic, pessimistic, Swedish and most probable self.

Realistic, pessimistic and Swedish. Ouch.

I watched the highlights before. Got to say like, Im one of Taylors biggest critics, but that was an excellent finish. Just think, if he hadn't have scored that eh. There's still a small, but significant bright side to the result.

He had a part to play in the goal we conceded too - it was like he forgot that he was a right back for an instant and starting running towards the center instead of tracking his man to the byline, resulting in the cross that led to the goal.

Maybe we ought to play him upfront, he finishes better than Shola does at least.

We have a squad that is too good to go down, but, anyone with half a brain can see that the midfield lacks pace and creativity and that the strikers are all injury prone. Throughout the team there are questions over commitment and motivation. We would struggle to put out our best 11 on any kind of consistent basis all season.

What was imperative was that the management team was up to scratch. It isn't, it is terrible and if we go down it will be down to this and down to Ashley. The managerial position is disgusting.

Realistic, pessimistic and Swedish. Ouch.

I believe Sweden has the highest suicide rate in the world. Obviously by also supporting NUFC you don't want to grow old.