Would You Swap Your Allegiance?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could you/would you swap your allegiance from NUFC over to a NCFC?

Leaving your beloved NUFC and the mess Ashley has created to support a new Newcastle City Football Club.

Say a NCFC managed by Shearer Owned by a Geordie consortium?

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Ashley royally fucks it up and stays in control, i'm talkin league 1 with no sign of improvement, then yes

Guest fading star

Leaving your beloved NUFC and the mess Ashley has created to support a new Newcastle City Football Club.

I would if Ashley was going to hang around. He’s destroying the club, give him a few years and the team playing at SJP will be NUFC in name only. A cheapo brand, not a football club.

interesting question, i would support both,.. fighting at the derby would be quite tasty.

Guest helios_centric

I think there is a growing feeling of apathy and alienation from the club. Certainly a lot of fans feel disenfranchised and depressed every time they sit through another 90 minutes of total crap. With talk of Kinnear's return and a new contract being offered then I think there are plenty who will simply turn their backs on the club, so the prospect of supporting an alternative Newcastle club might fill a vacuum to some extent.

I'm seriously thinking about following a local non-league side next season. I don't know how or if I would ever stop supporting NUFC as it's in my blood, but it feels less like it's 'my' club every day. I've been to virtually every home game during our last two relegation seasons, but it feels more depressing nowadays somehow.

I can't see a NCFC coming about though - perhaps some money could be pumped into Gateshead to bring about league status, though I would never support a team south of the river.

Guest fading star

It’s not about winning or losing. It’s about what the club stands for, which under Ashley is quickly becoming fuck all.

Guest fading star

Supporters who have stuck by the club for decades are jacking in it. Poor results, crap performances and relegation has nothing to do it with.