Is it time for alcohol laws in football stadia to be relaxed ?

Fenham Mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Football fans are generally a lot better behaved now than they were 20 years ago. With increased security and all seating stadia it is very hard to misbehave without being ejected from the stadium. I believe us football fans should be allowed to enjoy a pint in our seats and its time for Laws on drinking in stadiums to be relaxed. Rugby fans are allowed to and we should be too.

Just wondering what peoples opinion are on this.

Would be a nightmare. Fair enough if you get a pint before the match or half-time and take it to your seats, but you know for a fact you'd get people wondering in and out of their seats every few minutes going backwards and forwards to the bar while the match is going on. I say leave it as it is.

Would be a nightmare. Fair enough if you get a pint before the match or half-time and take it to your seats, but you know for a fact you'd get people wondering in and out of their seats every few minutes going backwards and forwards to the bar while the match is going on. I say leave it as it is.

Multiple Chilled cup holders with your seat would solve that or a Guy who go's around with a cooler with bottles of bear in (plastic obv), like a hot dog man. Now that's worth paying an extra £100 on your season ticket.

Guest Nufc4Life

Why would you want to? Its only 90 minutes for crying out loud, and the majority of the time you're waving your arms about, chanting etc etc anyway. Don't want a situation where everyone is more worried about gettig back to the bar than watching the game,

Guest The Libertine

It's not a problem in any other country as far as I know. Why would it be a problem in England?

the main reason was said above but it'd probably lead to other things by the people who cant handle their drink.

It's not a problem in any other country as far as I know. Why would it be a problem in England?

the main reason was said above but it'd probably lead to other things by the people who cant handle their drink.

People drink more than enough before the game, they can drink again at HT. Would being allowed a drink during the first and second half push these people over the edge?

Because we're a binge nation. We're uncouth dicks who drink wayyyy too much and aren't liked by most of Europe because of it.

Cajun is right, we tend to drink before, inbetween and after the match anyway but there's always a slight chance that idiots will take it too far if it was changed and this small chance is what stops the rules being changed in the forseeable future.

Guest Heneage

Because we're a binge nation. We're uncouth dicks who drink wayyyy too much and aren't liked by most of Europe because of it.

Cajun is right, we tend to drink before, inbetween and after the match anyway but there's always a slight chance that idiots will take it too far if it was changed and this small chance is what stops the rules being changed in the forseeable future.

Scarily true, most English blokes don't quite grasp alcohol in moderation.

Guest The Libertine

People drink more than enough before the game, they can drink again at HT. Would being allowed a drink during the first and second half push these people over the edge?

its possible enough to have stopped this change being made previously. your first point probably explains why this change isnt necessary too. 45 mins isnt very long.

Have you seen the state of some of the people at games even with the situation as it is now? I like a drink, and have been guilty of being stotting drunk at games meself. I think we get enough as it is. Imagine goal celebrations with people carrying pints. Everyone would just get soaked, which might seem a good laugh when you've had a few youself, but not such fun when you're sober.

Imagine goal celebrations with people carrying pints.

Came in to post something like that. People would get soaked, which means people would get smacked in the mouth. It's a bad idea all round.

Absolutely not. What good news would come of it?

If you wanna watch the match with a pint in your hand, head to the pub.

All I can picture is lairy (sp?) wankers wanting to prove their manliness by out drinking others and fighting.

There's still a hooligan culture in our sport iyam and the British culture to alcohol is very different to that of our European counterparts.

If people want to drink constantly throughout the game then all they need to do is go down to the concourse and watch the match on a monitor.

Sort of defeats the purpose of actually buying a season ticket but that's their decision I suppose...  ???

Would probably cause more problems during a game but it's hardly a major issue either way.

I think we should be more concerned with trying to bring back standing areas in the ground than allowing drink...

I'd rather not get soaked with warm Chang flying through the air every time we score and the Gwladys goes nuts.

Aye, I always see that end go mad whenever Everton score.