Is it time for alcohol laws in football stadia to be relaxed ?

Fenham Mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's no real reason why it shouldn't be allowed. First of all hoying pints back ridiculously quickly pre-match and at half time gets you much drunker much quicker than it would if you were supping one over a longer period at your seat.

Putting a pint in someones hand doesn't mean they're going to instantly act like a wanker which is what some people are insinuating. For instance I've managed to buy a steaming hot cup of Bovril, not spill it on anyone mid goal celebration and not throw it at the opposition....all when extremely pissed due to my quick pre-game pintage. Had that been a pint would I have got myself into a pagger and started hurling the empty glass about? No, course not. The wankers are already there and they don't need extra encouragement to act up. A pint on the terrace is going to have no effect.

It would be a minor inconvenience to those fans who don't want a drink but the price would reduce the number of pints consumed. I certainly don't think letting people drink on the terraces is going to lead to tens of thousands of people going back and forth to the bar everyone ten minutes.

remember when i watched the sunderland away match in a pub which had fosters on special offer, when we scored got absolutly drenched in the aussie piss, that reason alone is a good enough reason not to allow alcohol onto the terrace.

We're sponsored by Carling. What's the problem?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

Que?

Guest Haris Vuckic

They should be relaxed but at the same time they shouldn't let it descend into chaos.

Perhaps like we have a family section we can have a piss head section where they can wear rain macs.

Too many distractions are coming into the game. Bolton with their cheerleaders and Middlesbrough playing music when they score, it has no place in football. It should be all about the game and supporting the team. What next, some guy wandering around selling hot dogs and pretzels? Come on we don't wanna go down that road. You get this sort of thing at baseball games in the states because the sport itself is so boring to watch.

Too many distractions are coming into the game. Bolton with their cheerleaders and Middlesbrough playing music when they score, it has no place in football. It should be all about the game and supporting the team. What next, some guy wandering around selling hot dogs and pretzels? Come on we don't wanna go down that road. You get this sort of thing at baseball games in the states because the sport itself is so boring to watch.

"peanuts"

I've only ever felt like I've wanted a pint during the game when Newcastle haven't been playing. I'm not there to be entertained like I am at the cinema, I'm there to support my team. I can manage two bouts of 45mins without a beer.

Until people stop behaving like morons then no relaxation in the drinking rules IMHO

At Rugby games half the fans are awash with booze but never any trouble inside or outside the ground.  crickeet is getting a bit raucous (especially at Leeds) but can you imagine allowing as much booze as you want at say Millwall, NUFC v the Mackems or similar???

Until people stop behaving like morons then no relaxation in the drinking rules IMHO

At Rugby games half the fans are awash with booze but never any trouble inside or outside the ground.  crickeet is getting a bit raucous (especially at Leeds) but can you imagine allowing as much booze as you want at say Millwall, NUFC v the Mackems or similar???

This, there are a lot of football "fans" who like to act like fucking idiots, giving them more drink would only make things worse.

Not really. Its is bad enough the fuckers popping down before half time, then coming back at some point early doors in the 2nd. If the rules changed some of the fuckers would be up & down a zillion times & the banter over "Who's round it is" would drown out that old cunt who sits behind everyone who eats, breathes & commentates on the whole match.

Not really. Its is bad enough the fuckers popping down before half time, then coming back at some point early doors in the 2nd. If the rules changed some of the fuckers would be up & down a zillion times & the banter over "Who's round it is" would drown out that old c*** who sits behind everyone who eats, breathes & commentates on the whole match.

Spot on.  Leave it be