As our midfield isn't getting any better

HawK

What about a revisit of what KK did, the 4-3-1-2?

2 pacey players up front in Martins and Lovenkrands and Owen just behind, he chipped in with a few goals from that position I recall.

Stick Guthrie in the middle with Butt and Barton (when fit) or Jonas.

Basically just cutting out our midfield that can't create and just let it be, and hopefully just pace up front will allow us to catch a few teams on the break. With the tactical masterminds we currently have directing our team I'm suprised they haven't at least tried this with the players they've got available.

There's really no point to this thread since you're trying to sell the idea to us as if we'd be able to implement it in some way.

The fans have suggested this formation, the pundits have suggested this formation and even some of the players have suggested this formation. We're stuck with 4-4-2 and Shola Ameobi. For what it's worth I reckon a change of formation would help and could even ease the midfield problem if implemented correctly.. but it just won't happen.

There's really no point to this thread since you're trying to sell the idea to us as if we'd be able to implement it in some way.

The fans have suggested this formation, the pundits have suggested this formation and even some of the players have suggested this formation. We're stuck with 4-4-2 and Shola Ameobi. For what it's worth I reckon a change of formation would help and could even ease the midfield problem if implemented correctly.. but it just won't happen.

Exactly, flogging a dead horse, everyone see's it but those who matter. surprising the amount of times that happens isn't it?

the 4-3-1-2 was a lot more dependant on Viduka than some seem to think. Without that type of player in the lineup there is very little point tbh.

I agree 100%. He was key for that to work. Ameobi can't do that job because his positional sense is schocking. Carroll is just poor and doesn't have any sort of ability.

the 4-3-1-2 was a lot more dependant on Viduka than some seem to think. Without that type of player in the lineup there is very little point tbh.

I agree 100%. He was key for that to work. Ameobi can't do that job because his positional sense is schocking. Carroll is just poor and doesn't have any sort of ability.

Both are here for the next three years though. :celb:

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/14/95/63166_512x288_generated__wd+n4W+udE+KK2S7YKwKAg.jpg

Bet that's identical to the Kinnear/Hughton team talks.

It's possible. The cavemen have the same shaped forehead as Damien Duff after all..

Whether it's a three man midfield or four man, the only way it's going to work in my opinion is if you keep the pensioner count to one at most. If Butt plays, don't play Geremi and vice versa.

What's the point in these threads? Kinnear and Hughton (now Kinnear has influenced him with his SHOLA IS KING crap) will never chop the 4-4-2, we saw that against Stoke at home when we fucked it up by putting players in the wrong position instead of simply removing a central midfielder and playing another striker.

Hughton tried the KK 4-3-3 against Hull at home and it fucking stank, because Shola was in it.

The closest I've seen to a tactical change this season was the 4-6-0 we adopted away at Chelsea.

What's the point in these threads? Kinnear and Hughton (now Kinnear has influenced him with his SHOLA IS KING crap) will never chop the 4-4-2, we saw that against Stoke at home when we f***ed it up by putting players in the wrong position instead of simply removing a central midfielder and playing another striker.

Hughton tried the KK 4-3-3 against Hull at home and it f***ing stank, because Shola was in it.

The closest I've seen to a tactical change this season was the 4-6-0 we adopted away at Chelsea.

Thought this was a forum ^ ^