Who do you think will be relegated this season?

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we stay up this year it would be utter insanity to not make major changes in time for the following season. I have hardly any faith or belief left in the regime, nor do I have any faith that they know what they are doing. But surely they're not that clueless - Ashley, for all his flaws, watches the games and I don't believe a self-made billionaire would be so stupid as to not try to remedy the situation (i.e. get a decent management team in, get rid of the wasters etc).

What evidence has he shown that he will ? He's already offered Kinnear a 3 year contract, his MD has already stipulated many times that JK is their man. If JK saves us from relegation, why would Ashley suddenly change his stance.

Next year will bring more of the same, with a few less "stars", the future is not that bright whether we avoid disaster or not this season.

Not to mention Llambias said Ashley would only invest something like £10million

"only" ? .......................of his own cash remember.

Did he not mean the transfer kitty was £10million before sales?

aye, and as the club are losing money, already with excessive debts.where apart from sales is any new money going to come from ?

he is putting his hand into his pocket in the hope of recouping it later.

Guest Phil K

Last time I felt as negative was after the 2-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace back in 98 (?).

This time I cant see us being so lucky

Theres nothing to boost confidence coming from any direction - players, management, coaching, boardroom - thats most worrying of all.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we get fuck all from Chelsea and Stoke, that's it for us I feel as we'll be cut off adrift and others have games in hand. What I'd give for a win against Chelsea...

Guest Heneage

Last time I felt as negative was after the 2-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace back in 98 (?).

This time I cant see us being so lucky

Theres nothing to boost confidence coming from any direction - players, management, coaching, boardroom - thats most worrying of all.

What about the 52,000 at home?

If we get f*** all from Chelsea and Stoke, that's it for us I feel as we'll be cut off adrift and others have games in hand. What I'd give for a win against Chelsea...

A win against Stoke would perhaps be more valuable?

optimisically  we could get 11 points in the remaining game but realistically we will probably only get 9 points and thats if we win the 3 home games against boro fulham and pompy. either way we need one team above us to lose pretty much everygame from now on and i cnt really see that happening

Guest Howaythetoon

If we get f*** all from Chelsea and Stoke, that's it for us I feel as we'll be cut off adrift and others have games in hand. What I'd give for a win against Chelsea...

A win against Stoke would perhaps be more valuable?

But Chelsea are up first and beating them would be a major boost to confidence. Of course taking 3 points off Stoke would be better than taking 3 points off Chelsea but we need a win now and badly otherwise we'll be cut a drift.

• 2 weeks later...

Done a re-calculation on the bbc predictor  and got [bHull], Middlesbrough and West Brom going down .

Absolutely MASSIVE game on Saturday between Hull and Portsmouth. If Hull win they'll be on 36 pts and on the homestraight. My money's on a draw though.

I have a feeling the Mackems will be relegated, they have a wee bit of a cushion at the moment but a very tough run-in.

Hull have a worse run-in than us, after doing that BBC predictor. They are an awful, awful team too.

Don't really want them to go down but if it's between them and us, then fuck them. Looking at their fixtures has given me some hope.

We survive by 1 point based on my predictions. I have us winning 3 games and drawing 1. Hull could win 2 and lose the rest in that instance and go down on goal difference.

just to worry things up a bit.......if west brom beat stoke and we get beat off chelsea.......2pts between us.

If we were to lose, I'd have that result between WBA and Stoke.

I've just done the predictor thing again: WBA, Boro and Hull, fill my 3 relegation spots, with us staying up on goal difference with 39 pts. Mind you in my table I have stoke finishing 10th ! so dunno how acurate my guesses are.

I've just done the predictor thing again: WBA, Boro and Hull, fill my 3 relegation spots, with us staying up on goal difference with 39 pts. Mind you in my table I have stoke finishing 10th ! so dunno how acurate my guesses are.

With the run-in that Stoke have, I can see them both being well clear along with Pompey. Stoke mainly because of their home games but they also have some very winnable away games too and Pompey because they generally have a decent chance of picking up points throughout their run-in. The win against Everton last time out was massive for them plus the team seem to be playing some decent football again.