Do you want Joe Kinnear to be NUFC manager permanently?

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Darth Toon

The poll is pretty fucking conclusive mind - don't think you would have got such a one-sided vote even in the darkest later days of the Souness and Allardyce reigns.

Wonder if there's another club on the planet with such a high percentage of fans wanting the manager out??

I can't get my head around the Kinnear situation.

I can understand that he was brought in as a short term option when Ashley was planning to sell the club ASAP. But now he is here for the longer term I can't see any argument for keeping JK on.

It will obviously be difficult to oust him now when he's ill, so by all means bring someone in for the rest of the season and then get rid of them both in the summer.

For some reason I can't accept that Ashley actually thinks JK is a top class manager, and is good enough for NUFC. It just can't be true!

I can understand that he was brought in as a short term option when Ashley was planning to sell the club ASAP. But now he is here for the longer term I can't see any argument for keeping JK on.

It will obviously be difficult to oust him now when he's ill, so by all means bring someone in for the rest of the season and then get rid of them both in the summer.

For some reason I can't accept that Ashley actually thinks JK is a top class manager, and is good enough for NUFC. It just can't be true!

Same here, the only thing I can accept is the fact that JFK is a yes man and is just happy to have a job, therefore Ashley has nobody to talk back to him. JFk knows that if he says anything out of like Ashley will just chop him. It's an easy appointment for Ashley to make, he & Lambias are just pupped masters as long as JFK stays.

Same here, the only thing I can accept is the fact that JFK is a yes man and is just happy to have a job, therefore Ashley has nobody to talk back to him. JFk knows that if he says anything out of like Ashley will just chop him. It's an easy appointment for Ashley to make, he & Lambias are just pupped masters as long as JFK stays.

Yep, I know what you mean. I don't think that Ashley really wants to be in control of the squad/team via a 'yes man' though, I suppose it's only when it comes to transfers he doesn't want a repeat of the Keegan situation.

He needs to accept that managers want a large say on transfers though, and he either needs to let them have it or get in a manager that is used to a DOF system.

I think (hope) that Ashleys plan was to keep Kinnear on until the end of the season to give the players a sense of stability.

Theyve all been moaning about quickly changing managers, so hes probably put stability as the priority. Hoping that this would help them get sorted over time...that he shouldnt rock the boat.

Realistically though now...he HAS to be realising this isnt good enough. The players need proper guidance more than stability at this point, they need someone who they believe actually has a clue as to wtf hes doing. Such a massively clear difference between Keegans results last season & this seasons.....same players...its beyond evident.

Under Keegan we didnt lose to a side outside the top 6...

Not a coincidence.

If by some miracle we do stay up, it would be a body blow for the club to then appoint Joe Kinnear on a long term contract. If we go down and they appoint Joe Kinnear they are just taking the piss.

Do they honestly think they couldn't find anyone better? It really annoys me when they say crap like "we trust Joe". Trust him about what? I don't trust him to keep us in the Premiership or get us promotion from the Championship.

I'm astonished that anyone has asked this question - and even MORE astonished that 3 people have said yes...

What has Newcastle United come to if even 3 people want Kinnear as full-time manager..?

I'm astonished that anyone has asked this question - and even MORE astonished that 3 people have said yes...

What has Newcastle United come to if even 3 people want Kinnear as full-time manager..?

Notice that none of the people who said yes have posted why they said yes. This means they either aren't Newcastle fans, they were joking or they don't have the balls to say why they said yes.

Not a chance. This poll says it all. Its totally boils my piss that the board want to keep him on. Its one of those situations which is so fuckin obviously the wrong decision. Its like whenever Chris Hutchings gets appointed somewhere, or when Sammy Lee was given the Bolton job, Adams at Portsmouth. Nearly every single person knows its going to go wrong and they'll be sacked within a year.

I try not to think about it too much as I just get so annoyed I put myself in a bad mood for a few days.

Maybe a tougher question would be would you take JFK on full time if you were 100% sure he wouldn't play Butt, Smith or Shola (new contract and all) ever again? 

Remember you can't be assured the next manager in won't play them, that's the real gamble.

Maybe a tougher question would be would you take JFK on full time if you were 100% sure he wouldn't play Butt, Smith or Shola (new contract and all) ever again? 

Remember you can't be assured the next manager in won't play them, that's the real gamble.

Still get rid. Hes shown no level of tactical awareness whatsoever. The closest he got was the fluke of bringing Duff on in the 89th min v tottenham who miraculously scored.

Even if he didnt play Butt, Smith or Shola.....at best hes doing what any sane person would. As fans i think we want a manager who knows more than us about the game, not someone whos barely catching up. How can you have any faith in that.

Still no, it's not about those specific players, they're just one symptom of being a poor manager.