Nicky Butt in talking sense shocker!!!

ianovthetoon

From the Daily Mirror.......

Nicky Butt has called for a complete summer overhaul of Newcastle - admitting the Geordies have "gone backwards" in the last few seasons.

The former England midfielder has given an honest appraisal of what he believes is needed at St James' Park, as the club bids to escape relegation and rebuild.

"What do Newcastle need? Right now we need to be professional and perform," said Butt. "We need to put this season to bed and kick on next season. You seem to say that a lot at Newcastle.

"We need someone to come in and change the whole club."

Advertisement - article continues below »

Newcastle are facing the drop after just five wins in 26 games since Joe Kinnear took over. He was then struck down with heart trouble, leaving Chris Hughton in charge.

Asked how much Newcastle have missed Kinnear since his triple bypass operation, Butt said: "It has not helped. When you have a manager at the helm, it is someone to look to and that is important.

"The manager was not one for doing great coaching sessions day to day with the players. He comes in to his own on the day of a game. He was very much a man-manager on match day and that's the bit we have missed. :kinnear:

"We have gone backwards in the last few years and we are under no illusions about what we must do. We have massive games ahead. We have to keep this club in the Premier League."

Looks like even the players are saying  :kinnear: isn't the answer. Hopefully they'll be saying this to Ashley on a daily basis

Unfortunately we need Nicky Butt to talk no sense at all. Because that would mean he might no longer be at the club, which would go at least some way to putting things right.

Unfortunately we need Nicky Butt to talk no sense at all. Because that would mean he might no longer be at the club, which would go at least some way to putting things right.

I'd be happy to see him take his coaching badges and work for Newcastle in that capacity.

Because kinnear made such a difference on match day when we lost to Hull, or in any game since christmas.

Our performances have been better under Hughton tbh. Win at west brom, draw with Everton with 10 men, good performance against united...and...uh a draw with Hull.

Sad thing is, in terms of management this might be as good as it gets.

I think its pretty obvious that Kinnear did not choose the subs/team v man united. As he wouldn't have played Lua Lua.

And whoever chose to start Lovenkrands for Man united & not use Ameobi atall, is not the same person who chose not to play lovenkrands for Hull & bring Ameobi on as a sub.

Shows completely different levels of faith in each players ability. Cannot come from the same person & loven did nothing to go down in the pecking order.

So since its likely hughton did his own thing v Man U, it seems Kinnear had a word for the Hull game. Probably thinking he could make the difference to the side to get us a win.

The guy is a fuckin prick of the highest order.

These clever little soundbites about how shit the club is are supposed to be him showing what a strong personality in the dressing room and how experienced he is.

What he should be doing is practicising his passing, something he has failed to master in 15 years at the top of the game.

The guy is an absolute waste of space. One of the main reasons why we'll be relegated is his presence in midfield all season long.

Getting rid of him will be the silver lining when we get relegated, thats for sure.

Guest fading star

It’s about time the senior pros started talking to the media. Owen, Duff, Collocini, Geremi, Shola, Viduka… all happy to let 22 year old Stephen Taylor be the players spokesman when shit is hitting the fan. Shirking their responsibilities on and off the pitch?

Butt’s legs have gone, but his brain is still working.

Its about time the senior pros started talking to the media. Owen, Duff, Collocini, Geremi, Shola, Viduka all happy to let 22 year old Stephen Taylor be the players spokesman when shit is hitting the fan. Shirking their responsibilities on and off the pitch?

Butts legs have gone, but his brain is still working.

That's the problem, because he has a good attitude which all the managers love, he's always first on the teamsheet. The problem is his sense and good brain can't take 10 years off his legs and on the pitch that is what counts. I'm sure Geremi and Smith are getting picked cause they are first rate pro's as well, sadly other teams with younger, faster players are running rings round them.

Guest fading star

He’s lost the proverbial half a yard. He sees the tackle, but by the time he’s made it, it’s turned into a stupid foul. He gets frustrated and his game falls apart. Simplistic, but sort of what’s going on.

People knock the 100% thing, but it counts for a lot. Not enough to forgive him being crap a lot of the time, but he deserves more respect than he gets. It's not his fault the manager picks him. It’s players who coast through games/careers not giving a shit that should get the abuse.

It’s the same with Smith. I couldn’t believe it when he got booed on the other week.

He’s lost the proverbial half a yard. He sees the tackle, but by the time he’s made it, it’s turned into a stupid foul. He gets frustrated and his game falls apart. Simplistic, but sort of what’s going on.

People knock the 100% thing, but it counts for a lot. Not enough to forgive him being crap a lot of the time, but he deserves more respect than he gets. It's not his fault the manager picks him. It’s players who coast through games/careers not giving a shit that should get the abuse.

It’s the same with Smith. I couldn’t believe it when he got booed on the other week.

Contradicted yourself there, Smith's lax as fuck. Don't be kidded by the weekly moronic lunge.

His interview (and Oba's) are brilliant watches/listens:

Butt: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/7943614.stm

Oba: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7948411.stm

As much as they both frustrate me at times I'm delighted they're both in our colours. Could do with a few more like them (certainly as pertains attitudes.)

Have to say Nicky Butt comes across as a decent person with his feet firmly planted on the ground.

To be honest Butt is far far far from my favourite player, but that's a really good interview and he speaks a lot of sense.  :clap:

This, seriously.

This is why he gets played.  He knows, more than a lot of the douche bags in our squad - what we need to stay out of the shit.  He is a great guy to have around the club talking sense into the youngsters.

Nicky Butts a fucking cunt

And the fact he can't pass, run or header makes him an even bigger cunt in my eyes. Total waste of time, he should have stayed at Brum, that was his standard at the time and he has only got worse since!

Nicky Butts a f***ing c***

And the fact he can't pass, run or header makes him an even bigger c*** in my eyes. Total waste of time, he should have stayed at Brum, that was his standard at the time and he has only got worse since!

That's a load of bollocks tbh

And the fact he can't pass, run or header makes him an even bigger c*** in my eyes. Total waste of time, he should have stayed at Brum, that was his standard at the time and he has only got worse since!

Spot on. Were "Taff" or "Kryten" at Hull, where Butt held things together single-handed? Were they even at the Everton home game, when he was outstanding? Did they watch the last dozen or so games of last season, when he performed well week in, week out?

Yes, he's nowhere near the player he was, but the abuse he gets on here says far more about this board than him. My advice to him is to get a hair transplant and grow a bubble perm or pony-tail. Then he might get the same easy ride as Colo and Jonas (both vv poor recently) on here.

Spot on. Were "Taff" or "Kryten" at Hull, where Butt held things together single-handed? Were they even at the Everton home game, when he was outstanding? Did they watch the last dozen or so games of last season, when he performed well week in, week out?

Yes, he's nowhere near the player he was, but the abuse he gets on here says far more about this board than him. My advice to him is to get a hair transplant and grow a bubble perm or pony-tail. Then he might get the same easy ride as Colo and Jonas (both vv poor recently) on here.

Then maybe we should drop Colo and Jonas and see if that makes us play better football? It didn't seem to have much effect last season when Keegan had great lads like, Duff, Smith and Milner to call on as well as Butt and Geremi, but because Butt is saying all the right things it must be someoene else's fault that our midfield is shit and SLOW.

Guest toonlass

Its our whole inconsistancy that is the problem, we only had two consistant performers before Christmas and that was Shay and Bassong. All the other players are either injured or fabulous one game and a crock of shite the next. Our captain is only interested when he has the ball, that's when he's not on the treatment table for another knock, and is not a leader on the pitch and our vice-captain's legs have gone.

Then maybe we should drop Colo and Jonas and see if that makes us play better football? It didn't seem to have much effect last season when Keegan had great lads like, Duff, Smith and Milner to call on as well as Butt and Geremi, but because Butt is saying all the right things it must be someoene else's fault that our midfield is s*** and SLOW.

tbf mate no one's saying Butt should play because he talks sense or is a good lad. When he's fresh and not over-played, he plays quite well tbh. He just can't play week in week out, and can't play 2 games a week. Sorry like but if you watch the Hull game for example you'll see that Butt contributed far more positives to the team than Jonas did all game.