Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

Is it possible for an alcoholic to start again in moderation?

No its definately not , gazza,s heart stopped after being admitted to detox, he,s been at deaths door umpteen time and its a miracle he,s still alive.People with such a severe alcoholism affliction simply cannot drink ever.

He’s fucked then

I thought I had heard stories people could control it after a long abstinence

Not saying he’s in any way likely to just wondered if it was possible

Is it possible for an alcoholic to start again in moderation?

No its definately not , gazza,s heart stopped after being admitted to detox, he,s been at deaths door umpteen time and its a miracle he,s still alive.People with such a severe alcoholism affliction simply cannot drink ever.

He’s f***ed then

I thought I had heard stories people could control it after a long abstinence

Not saying he’s in any way likely to just wondered if it was possible

He possibly can for a time but its just a matter of time before he has a massive binge, sadly it could be his last, he should be continuing with proffesional help  as it seems he,s let his gaurd down

Guest neesy111

I've got stories.

Is that project still happening?

The sexual assault trial stopped it in its tracks, still working on it though and progress has been made with a potential distributor.

:thumb:

Anyone emotionally attached to him has distanced themselves, for their peace of mind alone let him craic on and go the way we all know it ends.

I’ve previously has very strong words to say about him down to my own personal experiences of living with it, but my sympathies are with him now and my thoughts are with those who have to suffer him.

I've got stories.

Is that project still happening?

The sexual assault trial stopped it in its tracks, still working on it though and progress has been made with a potential distributor.

:thumb:

Stahp!

:lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

He’s went through loads of mental and physical tests and will be assessed regularly off screen with private care. Might just be what he needs, tbh. Fingers crossed.

Yup, thought he looked great tbh.

I still get a twinge of sadness every time this thread is bumped, mind.

He’s went through loads of mental and physical tests and will be assessed regularly off screen with private care. Might just be what he needs, tbh. Fingers crossed.

Yup, thought he looked great tbh.

I still get a twinge of sadness every time this thread is bumped, mind.

The psych evals on reality shows, celeb versions or not, are laughable. If they want you on the show they'll get you on the show, even if you have paranoid schizophrenia.

He looks like he's doing great :thup:

He really needs to be kept as busy as possible, and away from the drudgery of day to day life, if he's to live much longer at all imo. I think he needs a purpose. Would be good if he could get some production people around him and front a series of sorts, maybe a Netflix biography, or some positive venture where he talks to kids/adults that have fallen off the footballing wagon at various ages and how they've gotten on with their lives since. Just don't want him to kill himself (indirectly) through idle drink and drugs when there could be something for him to live for.