Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

I hope he's not back on the drink.

It's hard to tell, given the way he talks, especially if he's had a bit of a shoeing. 

Bloke reckons he was drunk tho. Unfortunately that fella's got, and fairly certain always has had, a number of issues other than alcohol. 

It's sad to see, and I'm not sure what the answer is.  I could only recommend what worked for me and that was AA, which I'm sure he's tried extensively.

What I personally had in my favour that he seemingly hasn't - not being in the public eye like he is (other than the Posters In Public thread), a supportive and non-judgemental support network, a necessity for routine to keep a roof over my head.

It seems as though there's been this big void in his life since football ended and he's struggled badly to fill it.  Hope he can find some peace in his life because he's probably been in and out of hell mentally for decades now.

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

It's sad to see, and I'm not sure what the answer is.  I could only recommend what worked for me and that was AA, which I'm sure he's tried extensively.

What I personally had in my favour that he seemingly hasn't - not being in the public eye like he is (other than the Posters In Public thread), a supportive and non-judgemental support network, a necessity for routine to keep a roof over my head.

It seems as though there's been this big void in his life since football ended and he's struggled badly to fill it.  Hope he can find some peace in his life because he's probably been in and out of hell mentally for decades now.

Good words and hard earned wisdom. Keep on keeping on bonny lad. 

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Humphrey putting the interview with him behind a paywall is peak Humphrey behaviour. Utter cunt. Cynical and exploitative. 

What? 

10 hours ago, Interpolic said:

‘People know Paul Gascoigne but Gazza, no one knows. Even me sometimes. I've spent a lot of years being down, when I did my ligaments and then my kneecap, I missed four years of football. I would've got 100 caps (for England’

Worth remembering that the tackle which did the damage was completely self-inflicted, it was a leg-breaker and could have ended Gary Charles’s career rather than putting Gascoigne out for an extended period.  

Walked past him a few times in Washington with that lass.

Went to the primary care unit the first time, kept an eye out once the double take kicked in cos he's just a frail old bloke now as it would be surreal if he lived near me and we could hang out.