Next NUFC youngster to breakthrough

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favourite would currently have to be Lua Lua, but I'm not sure he's currently in a good position to properly break into the team as people would think. Basically, it will take three of four injured players just to get Lua Lua off the bench. I'm gonna go for Krul as it would take just one injury. Kadar when fit would be the outside bet. What do others think?

Favourite would currently have to be Lua Lua, but I'm not sure he's currently in a good position to properly break into the team as people would think. Basically, it will take three of four injured players just to get Lua Lua off the bench. I'm gonna go for Krul as it would take just one injury. Kadar when fit would be the outside bet. What do others think?

Only takes one injury for Kadar as well (jose) - can see him getting a run at some point once he's back.

Krul's the obvious choice since it would only take an injury to Harper to get him in the team.  Kadar's similarly close but it would take injuries to Enrique, Bassong and probably Duff to get him in the team.

Lua Lua is close but he's not there yet.  Again, despite the overwhelming mediocrity of our midfield it would take injuries to about 6 players before he would be considered as in the starting XI.  If Lua Lua wants to be considered a starting player he needs to show that he's worth choosing ahead of anyone else, something that he's not really not done in his substitute appearances so far.

What? No Haris Vukcic? No James Tavernier?

Two of the more promising fellas by all accounts?

I dunno I expected more from Jonny Godsmark for some reason. His name is fucking cool.

I voted for Tim Krul personally, and would like to see him, Kadar, LuaLua and Ranger come through. Inman's a bit young for now, but hopefully he'll develop into a cracking little player.

do you mean breakthrough and hold a regular place in the team or get a shock call up for staurday then be dropped as soon as the regular player in that position is back ?

Yeah I mean play than more than just a couple of games such that they become a proper first teamer. Nothing too unbelievable.

I said Kadar....but considering he's out with a broken leg it could be some time till he does. Lua Lua or Krul would have to be next,imo.

People slate our youth system but when you see players like Alan Smith stating ahead of Lua Lua then its no surprise why its been a shambles for some time. Lua Lua would do a better job than Smith any day, imo.

if you mean regularly as in Steven Taylor then i'd say none,  the one thats got the most chance isn't on the list as i would be tempted to say Vukcic although i think Kadar is a class act and would be in the team now if he hadn't broke his leg.

The list is too big though as you can forget about the likes of Baheng, Danquah, Godsmark, Soderburg and Lough and put a big question mark on Donaldson.

Tozer has been crocked all season, i'd send him on loan next season so wouldn't say he'd breakthru,  I would have Krul in the team now as he's better than Harper but sadly can see him playing for Feyenoord next season.

That leaves Inman, Kaz and Nile,  Inman could be a potential star and as we are crap in midfield i hope he fulfils his potential,  Nile and Kaz need to get there heads out of the sky and arses out of Tiger tiger and they might have a chance,  plenty of ability but have they the heart & desire?  At this moment in time i have my doubts.