14 points before Jan and 26 after that! WE SURVIVE!

Guest Toongaboom

Guest Toongaboom

Here is our season: 14 points before January is 22 and coming 26 points is enough to keep us in....48TOT and position 16

EDIT: No posting of fixture lists due to copyright issues please!

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

deal with the reality.we have 8 points from 11 games and have played some absolute dross at home.

as it stands we look like getting relegated.

no amount of mathmatical meanderings about points needed to stay up etc is going to make any difference.

we are up to our necks in the brown stuff.

Ok, my guess.....

I reckon we need 36 points to finish 16th.

We have 8.

We need 28 points from 27 games.

13 homes games left (14 away).

If we win half our home games, a couple of away ones and throw in a few draws we will be safe.

My heart keeps telling me that we are way too good to be down here - it is only a matter of time before we start to get a few results!

If Roeder is still in charge, we'll be lucky to crack 30 points.

In fact we could end up making the makems year by equalling their worst ever.

In fact we could end up making the makems year by equalling their worst ever.

Surely its not that bad is it?

Thing is, we're getting worse game by game.

We can't score, we can't defend.

Recipe for disaster.

The makems had the excuse that they paid peanuts for monkeys.

I refuse to believe we are that bad.

I still think we have the makings of an excellent team but short of a few small parts.

I made the analogy to a mate the other day, we are like a Ferrari which is misfiring... Once it gets tweaked, it will fly again.

(ok, ok - he laughed at me too  :winking: )

I refuse to believe we are that bad.

I still think we have the makings of an excellent team but short of a few small parts.

I made the analogy to a mate the other day, we are like a Ferrari which is misfiring... Once it gets tweaked, it will fly again.

(ok, ok - he laughed at me too  :winking: )

A Ferrari won't necessarily stop an inept driver from crashing and burning/finishing last. Not that I think our sqaud is anything close to a Ferrari mind, more like a ford Galaxy with expensive hubcabs and a neon undercarridge.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/primesuspect1980/ricer.jpg

Newcastle?

The thing is, the longer things continue to go against us in the league, Shepherd will inevitably have no option but to get rid of GR. Obviously there will be many arguments over who should replace him and we will no doubt end up with someone just as bad. FFS said when Souness went that he would take time to make the right choice for the club. Once again he hasn't. It is inconceivable that Shepherd is going to walk away from the club so maybe a campaign of sorts can be mounted to persuade him to take advice from people better equipped to recruit a new manager ie a cerain Mr Shearer. It's highly unlikely he will want teh poisoned chalice but he would certainly have a better idea of who is required to get us out of the mess that Freddie has helped to create. Its all fair and well being a fan of the club and thinking you know what is best for the future, but if you have no idea about the playing side(which freddie obviously hasn't) how can you decide what is required