None of them will pay the price for what they've done.

oldtype

Do you want to know the one reason right now we're more likely to get relegated than Boro or perhaps even West Brom? Here it is: our players don't have an incentive to up their game.

Owen, Martins, Nolan, Barton, Jonas, Enrique, Bassong, Colo, Beye: most of our key players are basically guaranteed a move to a decent Premiership/continental team should we be relegated.

Why should they care? Why should they be bothered about NUFC when their individual fortunes are not tied to the fortunes of the club in any way? Why go the extra mile to keep us up when you can just ride out this season and move to a club that's actually going places?

It's different for the players in Hull, Stoke, Blackburn, Boro, or West Brom. The majority of players on those teams have fates tied to their clubs. If Stoke City goes down, the likes of James Beattie and Rory Delap are going straight down with it. If West Brom goes, Premiership teams aren't exactly going to be queuing up to sign James Brunt or Gianni Zuiverloon. These players have every incentive to bust their guts trying to keep their club in the Prem: securing Premiership football for their clubs is the only sure way to secure Premiership football for themselves.

While it's certainly possible that many of our players whom I've mentioned would be willing to fight for the cause just because they a. love the club, or b. hate losing, or c. are just decent blokes (some in that number have unfortunately already shown that they're none of the above,) but I just don't see how they can match up on a psychological level to players who are fighting for their right to stay in the spotlight of the Premiership when they have their futures secured regardless of the fate of NUFC.

Therefore, as our relegation becomes more glaringly obvious, I feel that the performance levels from our key players will simply drop even further rather than rise to the occasion. None of them will have to pay the price for under-preforming. There is no responsibility, no accountability.

We are simply not a club equipped to fight a relegation battle. And that's becoming more and more evident as we inch closer and closer to the drop.

Aye, we're pretty much fucked.

There's not a single player in our squad I'll be heartbroken to see leave though, one or two I'd have a minor affinity for but mostly they can all fuck off in my book.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If we get enough money from player sales Ashley might fuck off and put us up for sale again.

Players i want to see stay regardless of league

Harper

Bassong

Taylor

Enrique

Beye

Barton

Jonas

Lovenkrands

Martins

Rest can f*** off.  Those are good players to rebuild around in all honesty.

Harper

Bassong

Taylor

Enrique

Beye

Barton

Jonas

Lovenkrands

Martins

Harper and maybe Taylor and Lovenkrands are the only ones on that list I could see staying.

even more reason why we have to go that extra distance when it comes to motivating them. glad we have hughton.

Any player that needs motivation to play in front of 52000 people in a Premiership game should be shot.

even more reason why we have to go that extra distance when it comes to motivating them. glad we have hughton.

Any player that needs motivation to play in front of 52000 people in a Premiership game should be shot.

sadly in the real world players do need motivation. even the most motivated players heads drop if they have a non-entity or an arsehole in charge, even the laziest twats will run through brick walls if they have a charismatic guy that believes in them like SAF or SBR.

Guest Heneage

Oldtype you are a nice lad, but will you just fuck off with this clichéd bull. Ignoring where these players go, they will always be remembered as the stars of Newcastle who went down. Like the stars of Leeds United that got relegated.

Fuck the players. Take their car keys, take their house keys, take their phones. Lock them in a cellar when they aren't playing or training and let them know that if they don't keep us up, they won't ever be coming out of the cellar.

Guest guinness_fiend

f*** the players. Take their car keys, take their house keys, take their phones. Lock them in a cellar when they aren't playing or training and let them know that if they don't keep us up, they won't ever be coming out of the cellar.

http://blogs.fayobserver.com/faytoz/files/2008/04/josef-frtizl.JPG

The players aren't solely to blame for fucks sake.  The management are the ones who really bemuse me...its like they want us to fail, what with Ashley grinning after the match. What the hell is going on in his head?!

Oldtype you are a nice lad, but will you just f*** off with this clichéd bull. Ignoring where these players go, they will always be remembered as the stars of Newcastle who went down. Like the stars of Leeds United that got relegated.

I know I've been hamming up on the drama a bit lately because I'm quite honestly distraught, but it's the truth.

Do you think the stigma of being part of a relegated team will be enough to motivate these players? The "relegated stars" of Leeds United were mostly snapped up by Premiership clubs. While in hindsight most of them have turned out to be poor buys, nobody seemed to mind giving them big-money contracts at the time.

Guest westamfan

Harper

Bassong

Taylor

Enrique

Beye

Barton

Jonas

Lovenkrands

Martins

Jonas, Martins, Beye, Barton, Lovenkrands and Bassong will all leave as soon as a bit of interest is there. I wouldn't set your heart on convincing yourself otherwise, it'll only hurt more next season.

You'll be thinking maybe if we can get players like Giles Barnes and Chris Eagles but you instead be going for players like Gary Teale and some unheard of foreign football mercenary.

The players aren't solely to blame for f***s sake.  The management are the ones who really bemuse me...its like they want us to fail, what with Ashley grinning after the match. What the hell is going on in his head?!

Here's something that does my head in.

You blame the management: you get somebody saying "it's not their fault! It's Kinnear!"

You blame Kinnear: you get somebody saying "it's not his fault! The players are shit!"

You blame the players: you get somebody saying "it's not their fault! It's the management!"

How hard is it to just accept that it's everyone's fault. Nobody gets to stand up and say that they are faultless in this debacle.

Guest guinness_fiend

Oldtype you are a nice lad, but will you just f*** off with this clichéd bull. Ignoring where these players go, they will always be remembered as the stars of Newcastle who went down. Like the stars of Leeds United that got relegated.

To be fair, OldType has a point.  Most have little or no incentive to go the extra mile for the team.

We need Pacino in the dressing room.

Everyone has to take their share of the blame, for this whole fiasco. The players aren't exempt and too often have we seen our 'bigger' players not putting a shift in, when it matters. Of course if we do go down, it'll be like rats deserting a sinking ship in the summer because there's no way the club will be able to afford keeping the likes of Smith, Duff and Barton on £60-70k a week contracts.

I think it's lack of leadership rather than players not caring. The situation where Taylor was off the field injured and we fannied around needlessly with 10 men which cost the game sums it up for me. 

I think it's lack of leadership rather than players not caring. The situation where Taylor was off the field injured and we fannied around needlessly with 10 men which cost the game sums it up for me. 

That was down to extremely poor indecision from Hughton and Calderwood.

That was down to extremely poor indecision from Hughton and Calderwood.

That's what I am saying, and Hughton will keep on making these cock ups because he's a no 2 in more ways than one.