Ashley has no one else to blame if we go down

TRon

It's not the fans, it's not Shepherd, it's not the finances and it's not Keegan quitting. No one else is responsible for going into such a crucial stage of the season with a washed up manager in hospital after heart surgery and a clueless coach trying to lead a team in a relegation battle. We are where we are because Ashley has been hoping to make do and mend since Keegan left. He's gambled with the club's future and if we go down there aren't any excuses. It's HIS lack of leadership which has led us here.

Guest Mantis

Mike and Derek know best.  Their model was going to work better than Keegans.   They knew how get on in the Premier League, you know, with all the experience they have.   I know people dont want KK brought up again and again but I couldn't have seen us in this position now under Keegan, given the right backing.  Ashley has gambled and I pray this club isn't yet another example of his investments going tits up in the last 12 months.  

Mike and Derek know best.  Their model was going to work better than Keegans.   They knew how get on in the Premier League, you know, with all the experience they have.   I know people dont want KK brought up again and again but I couldn't have seen us in this position now under Keegan, given the right backing.  Ashley has gambled and I pray this club isn't yet another example of his investments going tits up in the last 12 months.  

backed the wrong horse back in september. a bureaucrat and a scout arent going to manage a team for you.

The players need to take a huge chunk of the blame.

No matter what's gone on off the field there's no excuse for the performances some of the supposed "senior" players have produced.

Has anyone figured out yet where Duff disappeared to in the 2nd half?  I figure he popped out for a pie & chips since it's the only thing that would account for him vanishing for most of the 45 minutes.

nowt speaks louder than the profit made in the January window. Cunt, genuinely wouldn't piss on him (enough) if he was on fire

I think I could just about stomach the financial belt-tightening which had some sort of logic behind it, however risky it was, but the myopic insistence on sticking with his cheapskate managerial appointments, even when they are in intensive care is beyond explanantion. Cheers fatty you couldn't have fucked it up more royally if you tried.

Guest Heneage

I love how many threads are made on a Saturday night.

Yeah, you would think another chance of getting points has passed us on that day or something.

I tell you what Decky mate, everytime there's an incident in our next match I'll make a new thread. Its such a waste of bandwidth, this is stating the obvious. Find me anyone here who would not blame the owners should we be relegated. Its stating the bloody obvious. Oh oh new thread, "Martins has a really hard shot why didn't he score that Penna today like? " "Hughtons tactics showed he's not a manager".

I don't like Ashley, I don't like Nicky Butt, or Shola Ameobi, Harpers starting to grate on me, but I don't go making new threads every Saturday night to highlight points that have already been covered in vast detail.

Yeah, you would think another chance of getting points has passed us on that day or something.

I tell you what Decky mate, everytime there's an incident in our next match I'll make a new thread. Its such a waste of bandwidth, this is stating the obvious. Find me anyone here who would not blame the owners should we be relegated. Its stating the bloody obvious. Oh oh new thread, "Martins has a really hard shot why didn't he score that Penna today like? " "Hughtons tactics showed he's not a manager".

I don't like Ashley, I don't like Nicky Butt, or Shola Ameobi, Harpers starting to grate on me, but I don't go making new threads every Saturday night to highlight points that have already been covered in vast detail.

People cant post what they want, dont like it? Go to another forum then

Guest Heneage

Is that the string from your tampon I can see? :lol:

Do you not find it tedious ?

Is that the string from your tampon I can see? :lol:

You what? You seem to be the one moaning.....

Makes you wonder why the local newspapers have three stories about Newcastle every day when they could put them all under one headline?

Guest Heneage

Makes you wonder why the local newspapers have three stories about Newcastle every day when they could put them all under one headline?

You are comparing this place to a newspaper that strives to make money? Jesus :lol:

You are comparing this place to a newspaper that strives to make money? Jesus :lol:

It seems a relevant thread to me, seeing as how Llambias has given interviews to the local press outlining the club's plans for the future, not to mention the opposite view held by the NUSC for example. I don't agree with either side as it happens, but the managerial situation is the one area I don't feel Ashley has a leg to stand on so I felt it was worth a thread concentrating on just that aspect.

What creates most of he anger towards Ashley is his apparent lack of willingness to change things, what is he upto offering JK a new contract?

If he really thinks he has the right manager to move us forward then we are doomed.

nowt speaks louder than the profit made in the January window. c***, genuinely wouldn't piss on him (enough) if he was on fire

I think I could just about stomach the financial belt-tightening which had some sort of logic behind it, however risky it was, but the myopic insistence on sticking with his cheapskate managerial appointments, even when they are in intensive care is beyond explanantion. Cheers fatty you couldn't have f***ed it up more royally if you tried.

aye, but there's belt tightening and there's making a profit when the entire footballing world knew that we desperately needed investment in the squad

Guest Heneage

It seems a relevant thread to me, seeing as how Llambias has given interviews to the local press outlining the club's plans for the future, not to mention the opposite view held by the NUSC for example. I don't agree with either side as it happens, but the managerial situation is the one area I don't feel Ashley has a leg to stand on so I felt it was worth a thread concentrating on just that aspect.

I just think its stating the obvious. Nowt against you mate, but it just seems whenever Saturday rolls round we get loads of threads about things that have been discussed to death a thousand times.

Totally agree. Would we be in the current situation if Ashley had gone out and paid a half decent manager to come (after he couldn't find a buyer for us)? No chance. The injuries to the squad haven't helped but we didn't have enough players last season and don't this season either. The opportunity to do something about that was thrown away through a few transfer windows.

The waiting for Kinnear to get better is fucking insane. His record before he got sick was shite so he's not worth hanging around for anyway. Ashley being sentimental and showing faith in people he trusts (Kinnear, Llambias, etc) has fucked us.

I can't imagine what shit they're going to come out with to try to get people to come back to St. James' next season.