Mike Ashley; what will it take to make you appoint a manager?

Tsunami

I'm almost beyond the point of no return. Anyone with half a brain could see that Hughton is a disaster and that Kinnear is not well enough to even attempt management. Hughton proved after KK that he was impotent as a manager and the appointment of Kinnear was doomed. That there are 2 year contracts on the table is a fucking disgrace.

If we go down it is down the Ashley, 100%, no question. We have a team looking for guidance, that needs confidence and direction from the sideline. Instead we have a crocked, out of touch manager and a fuckwit of a standin.

I'm not even going to attempt to say more. Absolutely fucking useless. the End.

Guest Wally_McFool

There is probably only one man who who will jump at the job if he is offered it and that is Steve Bruce.

With the club being knee deep in absolute shit, there is probably no one better for the job.

If he comes in, he might as well appoint Nicky Butt as his number 2.

At least by doing that, we wouldn't have to watch him strolling around the pitch at 0.1 mph every match.

But who would come in as a manager ?.

Get an out of work manager like Curbishley to do a rescue job till the end of the season, although he is just an example I would prefer someone else as he's a loser.

Curbishley may be a grade A t*** but he does have experience of saving teams from relegation, might not be a bad, short term shout, however if the fat prick went for him and we stayed up, we'd no doubt end up saddled with him!!!

He saved West Ham when they were deeper in the brown stuff than we are.

He would at least give us a chance of stopping up.

I couldn't see Curbishley wanting to work for these cowboys, especially as he left West Ham due to not fitting in with the DOF structure at the club.

Although like JFK he could see it was an opportunity to resurrect his career.

Sam Allardyce was making this point BEFORE yesterday's game. Ashley and mates will keep their heads in the sand though because Joe's going to save us from his sick bed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/mar/20/sam-allardyce-newcastle-united-blackburn-rovers

Sam Allardyce, whose sacking 14 months ago began Newcastle's descent into chaos, has said the club needs to appoint a full-time manager if it is to fight off relegation.

Joe Kinnear, who has held only the title of "interim manager" since succeeding Kevin Keegan in October, has missed the club's last five matches after undergoing heart surgery. He is due to return to the dugout when Newcastle travel to Tottenham on 18 April.

The club's first-team coach, Chris Hughton, will remain in charge until then, although results under him have been wretched. Eight matches in two separate spells have produced a solitary win – at West Brom – and five defeats. Tomorrow evening he faces Arsenal at St James' Park.

"They need a manager," said Allardyce. "If Joe hasn't fully recovered – and I sincerely hope he does – then at this stage of the season and in this position your manager is crucial.

"That's nothing against Chris Hughton or Colin Calderwood [who has been brought in to assist him] but all the players there know they are not the manager. You need a manager because he goes a long way towards deciding whether you stay up or get relegated – by his plan of action, by his selection process, by his substitutes, by his motivating.

Allardyce said that this season's relegation fight, which involves nine clubs, would be "the tightest I have known", although speaking at a Barclays football lunch, he gave no guarantees he would remain in charge of Blackburn if they were relegated.

"It depends on whether they want me," he said. "Chairmen at various clubs might have a plan for not being in the Premier League but I am planning that we will be in it.

"The Newcastle job had a very negative impact on my career, much more than it should have done. I just want to keep Blackburn up this year – and that would be a major achievement, having taken over when we were second bottom, six points away from safety. Our points per game since then is equal to what you would need for a top-10 finish over the course of a season.

"We are on track and the players know they are on track, while other teams around us, such as Middlesbrough, from whom you would have expected a surge after beating Liverpool, are still on a downward spiral, struggling to find consistency."

I fear that it may be to late now, they have well a truly f*ckd us over by not appointing someone.

I would have Bruce now never thought id say that but even if we go down he has experience in getting a team back up  :sadnod:

My point is who would want the job. No one is saying they are not better people for the job than the current lot in charge, but attracting someone that is  good enough to do the job to the club will not be easy. If not impossible.

My point is who would want the job. No one is saying they are not better people for the job than the current lot in charge, but attracting someone that is  good enough to do the job to the club will not be easy. If not impossible.

Sigh, I repeat:

if you knew the number of top, top managers who have applied for this job

I think it's too late now for this season.  It would only make sense to make a long term appointment now.  They seem to want to stick with Kinnear sadly.

This is probally exactly what the fat fucker ashley is thinkng.

No it's not to late, Houghton is NOT a manager. we need someone in now.

Sigh, I repeat:

[/quote

And you believe that

Guest Brazilianbob

The clubs current course of INACTION on the manager front is so inexcusable that it can only mean they already have an agreement in place to sign Steve Bruce at the end of the season.  That or the club is completely unable to attract any manager with experience higher than Conference level.  That I would understand given the shambles running NUFC at the moment!

I fear that it may be to late now, they have well a truly f*ckd us over by not appointing someone.

I would have Bruce now never thought id say that but even if we go down he has experience in getting a team back up  :sadnod:

This.

Sigh, I repeat:

And you believe that

What's not to believe? Hundreds of managers around Europe would jump at the chance to manage a Premiership club, let alone one of the size of NUFC. To those who believe this club can't attract anyone better than Kinnear, have a word with yourself. Of course, for us to consider better candidates for the job, the people in charge would have to recognise that there is a footballing world out there that has evolved from the early 90's, which is where they seem to be getting their inspiration from.

This.

The question is, are there managers out of work who would want to put themselves in the shop window by rescuing Newcastle with a job to the end of the season? Would they have a better chance of getting results than Chris Hughton? I believe the answer to both questions is yes.

This.

The question is, are there managers out of work who would want to put themselves in the shop window by rescuing Newcastle with a job to the end of the season? Would they have a better chance of getting results than Chris Hughton? I believe the answer to both questions is yes.

Agreed

Sigh, I repeat:

And you believe that

What's not to believe? Hundreds of managers around Europe would jump at the chance to manage a Premiership club, let alone one of the size of NUFC. To those who believe this club can't attract anyone better than Kinnear, have a word with yourself. Of course, for us to consider better candidates for the job, the people in charge would have to recognise that there is a footballing world out there that has evolved from the early 90's, which is where they seem to be getting their inspiration from.

the reason we ended up with Kinnear, was the fact that we could not attract anyone at the time. what has changed to attact someone now

Sigh, I repeat:

And you believe that

the reason we ended up with Kinnear, was the fact that we could not attract anyone at the time. what has changed to attact someone now

The club aren't up for sale and there isn't massive protests from the fans. More importantly, that was just propaganda as well. Nobody else wanted to run this club? Do you really believe that? Nobody!? Nobody from their list of English former lower premiership managers from the '90's willing to work for a pittance more like. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

thinking about the supposed interested names after Keegan walked many moons ago (Zico, Terim etc etc) just makes me want to puke.

The more I think about it, dillying and dallying, then appointing fucking Kinnear really makes me wonder if we'd be better off if we'd had a blind chimp with one brain cell (and that brain cell only contained limited football knowledge) as owner.