Newcastle vs Chelsea - April Sat 4th @ 15:00

Skirge

If Jonas plays (pretty certain he will) then he's going to have to get up and down the flanks like he never has before. Chelsea's midfield is so good; we're really going to have a tough job containing them. Jonas and the other winger are going to have to break their balls for the cause tomorrow if we're to have any chance because the defence and central midfield are going to need as much support as possible.

Essien and Lampard up against Butt and Nolan is such a horrible thought. :undecided:

I would love to know what is going through Alans mind right now.

Wonder if he has already told the players the team and formation or whether he is waiting until just before kick-off. Not quite sure what is generally seen as the best tactic on that score.

In some ways, I'm wishing Shearer had taken over after this game. If we lose by three, four, even five goals, that effect he's produced could be gone overnight.

On the other hand, if we win, we could easily go on and win 4 or even 5 of the remaining fixtures.

In some ways, I'm wishing Shearer had taken over after this game. If we lose by three, four, even five goals, that effect he's produced could be gone overnight.

On the other hand, if we win, we could easily go on and win 4 or even 5 of the remaining fixtures.

It's a risk, but as you say the potential benefits far outweigh the potential costs.

It's a risk, but as you say the potential benefits far outweigh the potential costs.

I feel the same. If we're on the end of a hammering, it would have been worse if Shearer wasn't here. Plus it's not like we're playing a shit team either, we're playing Chelsea and I think Shearer will use it as a motivational tool to inspire the lads for the rest of the season. That goes for whatever the result is to be fair.

If Jonas plays (pretty certain he will) then he's going to have to get up and down the flanks like he never has before. Chelsea's midfield is so good; we're really going to have a tough job containing them. Jonas and the other winger are going to have to break their balls for the cause tomorrow if we're to have any chance because the defence and central midfield are going to need as much support as possible.

Essien and Lampard up against Butt and Nolan is such a horrible thought. :undecided:

I think you'll find that Alan Shearer will not be approaching the game in that manner at all. He'll not worry about Chelsea's game, and will be determined to make them worry about ours. I wouldn't be surprised if we're a goal up within the first few minutes.

Love listening to Enrique in the "in-car" interview  :lol:

Hes just over-doing his english in a way wich make it funny as hell, and the glasses, how can people hate on him?

He's cool as fuck. :coolsmiley:

I think you'll find that Alan Shearer will not be approaching the game in that manner at all. He'll not worry about Chelsea's game, and will be determined to make them worry about ours. I wouldn't be surprised if we're a goal up within the first few minutes.

Oh aye, of course, I didn't mean my post to come out like I wanted us to be negative. I know we're going to be taking the game to Chelsea and rightly so, but at the same time, we have to ensure that we track back and don't get lazy.

Hes just over-doing his english in a way wich make it funny as hell, and the glasses, how can people hate on him?

We must have the coolest two fullbacks in the history of football!

We must have the coolest two fullbacks in the history of football!

Without doubt. :snod:

Throw in Bassong too, pretty impressive to be honest.

Guest optimistic nit

that was keegan's style of managementt, not neccicarially shearer's.