Last 8 games...

Guest stjamestoon

Guest stjamestoon

Just looking at our last 8 fixtures..and am struggling to see where a win is going to come from. We NEED to get something out of the Stoke and Boro games to stay up. I cant see us getting anything out of Chelsea or Liverpool, and Spurs and Villa away are two toughies!

Was just thinking, if we do go down, i know everyone is saying its going to be the end of us, financial meltdown etc. Part of me agrees, and obviously it will be terrible for the club if we go down, but say we go down and come back up again within the first season, the fact that we will have to use hungry youth players, and up and coming players who want to play for the team might not be a bad thing. The club needs scrapping and starting again. The likes of Butt, Duff, Smith, Geremi etc are basically has beens. Maybe "starting again" may, in the long term be what is needed to change Newcastle United.

Just a thought. No doubt i will get responses along the lines of "it will be bad for us, full stop". Obviously it will, but that isnt the point im making.

Guest Heneage

Portsmouth, Boro, Fulham the cliche of Must Win springs to mind. But its true we need results from these games, then pray we pick up points elsewhere while others don't.

it would be nice to stay up and to then get a young talented manager in and start dumping the likes of smith butt ameobi etc out and replacing with young talent but unfortunaty it seems like were either going to go down which would be tragic. or survive by the skin of our teeth and then persist with the cost cutting and lose the likes of bassong martins etc and bring in your nolans and r.taylors and give  :kinnear: a 5 year contract

Portsmouth, Boro, Fulham the cliche of Must Win springs to mind. But its true we need results from these games, then pray we pick up points elsewhere while others don't.

Fulham their away form is beyond pathetic, this is the most winnable fixture surely.

Boro are in as much shit as we are, can imagine this being tough but they have a manager under pressure and by the sounds of it only one player who cares and steps up and that is Tuncay.

Portsmouth is 50/50 imo.

Guest Heneage

Fulham their away form is beyond pathetic, this is the most winnable fixture surely.

Boro are in as much s*** as we are, can imagine this being tough but they have a manager under pressure and by the sounds of it only one player who cares and steps up and that is Tuncay.

Portsmouth is 50/50 imo.

Pompey offer little, Boro is the difficult one as we never play well against them.

Pompey are a good team.....well, at home anyway. They were very good against Everton yesterday and have players that will battle, and a manager that will make his players battle.

As for all this winnable game shite- since when have we ever easily won 'winnable' games?! We will struggle.

Guest Brummiemag

It boils down to 4 games - Pompey, Boro and Fulham at home and Stoke away. Pick up 3 wins and a draw and we will probably survive. Failure to do that means we need to pick up unexpected points elsewhere which seems unlikely at the moment.

Its a tough ask

Guest north shields lad

The only bonus if we go down, is the thoud=sands of hangers on from all over the country, that come since 92 might fcuk off again  :thup:

Guest fading star

The only bonus if we go down, is the thoud=sands of hangers on from all over the country, that come since 92 might fcuk off again  :thup:

your'e deluding yourself if you think it's just the post 92 crowd who will be fcuking off next season. Ashley has achieved the impossible and driven a wedge between the club and some of it's stuanchest supporters.

your'e deluding yourself if you think it's just the post 92 crowd who will be fcuking off next season. Ashley has achieved the impossible and driven a wedge between the club and some of it's stuanchest supporters.

aye, good point. Members of my family that follwed the club everywhere with a smile on their face during the dark days of the 80's and early 90's are slowly but surely turning their back now, very very sad

Well, if they're fickle, what can you do?

IMO anyone fucking off if we go down can stomp their feet, protest and fuck off all they like. I'll protest for change, but I'd never even contemplate "fucking off" no matter what division we're in.

Oh, and at north shields lad: Trust me, the glory hunter element who "signed up in 92" will have fucked off by now. You haven't got a clue what 92 means to thousands of people if you think some will find it that easy to just quit on the club if we go down.

Relegation is disastrous, but it ain't the end of the world, and the club will still be standing.

We can still do it. I was on the edge of my seat for nearly all the arsenal game and I didn't really expect to get anything from it... don't even know how I'll watch the last few games, especially if it's down to the wire.

Anyway, enough of the relegation talk boys!

...And then you can go back to being part of a small, provincial, self-obsessed football club which succeeds only in the art of navel-gazing and feeling the size of the chip on the collective shoulder...

Just looking at our last 8 fixtures..and am struggling to see where a win is going to come from. We NEED to get something out of the Stoke and Boro games to stay up. I cant see us getting anything out of Chelsea or Liverpool, and Spurs and Villa away are two toughies!

Was just thinking, if we do go down, i know everyone is saying its going to be the end of us, financial meltdown etc. Part of me agrees, and obviously it will be terrible for the club if we go down, but say we go down and come back up again within the first season, the fact that we will have to use hungry youth players, and up and coming players who want to play for the team might not be a bad thing. The club needs scrapping and starting again. The likes of Butt, Duff, Smith, Geremi etc are basically has beens. Maybe "starting again" may, in the long term be what is needed to change Newcastle United.

Just a thought. No doubt i will get responses along the lines of "it will be bad for us, full stop". Obviously it will, but that isnt the point im making.

Although I would be gutted if we do go down, I can't help feeling if we stay up nothing is going to change and Ashley and Co will keep on making fuck up after fuck up.

I wouldn't even feel as much passion as I have over the years supporting them just for the plain fact that it's that lot that own the club, so maybe in a way going down may herald the end of Ashley and his Gimps and might make us a more attractive proposition to some serious investors, which would be the only plus point.

This club needs Ashley out sooner rather than later and if he doesn't budge this summer we need to make him budge.

All we can hope is that being in the bottom 3 gives the players an almighty kick up the arse... combined with a few players back from injury might see us alright.

I still think any of the bottom 10 can go down, although we don't seem to be able to pick up points from anywhere. I'm shitting myself TBH, it actually hurts to think about relegation - and the effect it would have on the club and city.

All we can hope is that being in the bottom 3 gives the players an almighty kick up the arse... combined with a few players back from injury might see us alright.

I still think any of the bottom 10 can go down, although we don't seem to be able to pick up points from anywhere. I'm shitting myself TBH, it actually hurts to think about relegation - and the effect it would have on the club and city.

I'm hoping that the return to fitness of Guthrie and Barton will be key

theres no chance of us winning all the home games, we should but its very unlikely, i see us getting 8-9 points from the last 8 games...dont know if that will that be enough?

Also seem to remember Fulham ending a long streak without a away win at our place before

Guest Ebolarama

Yeah, that's the spirit! In fact, I hope that only people who live within two streets of the ground continue to support the club. All you people who have to take a bus to watch us play... pfff... plastic fans. Who needs the added revenue of having fans from all over the country, eh? And a GLOBAL fanbase? *Gaaakkkkkk*... I've now covered my keyboard in sickly bile at the thought of such a travesty! Local Championship club for local people, mmhmm!

Lummy hell, I've rarely read such a confusing (and indeed confused) statement in all my days.

Anyway...

i see us getting 8-9 points from the last 8 games...dont know if that will that be enough?

I don't think eight or nine points will be enough, I really don't.

heres the thing. everyone slates fulhams away form,  but they only have 1 less point than us away from home (not that ours is good mind). they have 1 win and 7 draws, as they are very difficult to score against. it will be a very difficult game.