Who got chucked out?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anybody who listens to the legends knows the club is in his heart.

Bet he could do a better job than the two stand in managers, could probably keep us up imo.

There's a dead rabbit on the road outside that could probably do a better job than those 2 tbh

The Journo (The Mirror?) who wrote the story about Joe having a set back in his recovery wasn't allowed access on Saturday.

Poor show when folk who speak against the regime are thrown out / denied access.

Depends on whether the story was true, doesn't it?

Ashley will get a shit load of criticism over the coming months. Lets hope he doesnt spit the dummy and start banning anyone who says boo.

There'd be no cunts in the stands if he did start banning anyone for that.  :laugh:

Guest toonlass

No-one can deny that, although he is arrogant and opinionated, Malcolm McDonald deeply cares about this club, and is as concerned as the fans about what is happening at the moment. I have recently started listening to the Leg-ends again, didn't even know they had replaced Eric Gates with Mickey Horswell until then. You can hear the passion in Malcolm's voice when he speaks.

No-one can deny that, although he is arrogant and opinionated, Malcolm McDonald deeply cares about this club, and is as concerned as the fans about what is happening at the moment. I have recently started listening to the Leg-ends again, didn't even know they had replaced Eric Gates with Mickey Horswell until then. You can hear the passion in Malcolm's voice when he speaks.

Definitely. I don't agree with him, well most of the time as a matter of fact. But you can tell how much the club means to him.

Guest The Libertine

im sure if any fan "angrily confronted" ashley they'd be thrown out too. just because its a former player it doesnt make it different.

The Journo (The Mirror?) who wrote the story about Joe having a set back in his recovery wasn't allowed access on Saturday.

Poor show when folk who speak against the regime are thrown out / denied access.

It was Dave Kidd of the Sunday People

Depends on whether the story was true, doesn't it?

They admitted he'd had a chest infection so the story was notionally true.

Also the irony of mentioning "truth" in relation to Ashley is staggering.

OUT ON MY KINNEAR, BUT PITY THE POOR TOON FANS

22 March 2009

I got banned from St James' Park this week - there must be 40,000 Geordies who wished they'd suffered the same punishment.

Don't fret, I'll muddle through without the insight of a Chris Hughton press conference or the beauty of a tackle from Joey Barton, Danny Guthrie or Kevin Nolan.

Besides, if I really wanted to get in, I could always dust down that old Groucho Marx disguise and buy one of the thousands of empty seats, which would once have been unthinkable at the Toon.

There was a time, not so long ago, when you had to wait years to get a season ticket at St James'.

So perhaps the greatest achievement of Mike Ashley's reign is not the way he has led such a major club to the brink of relegation but the way his regime has crushed the spirit of an entire region.

Where once there was fanaticism, Ashley and his cohorts have brought apathy.

Don't take my word for it, take the word of vice-captain Nicky Butt, a man who knows how a proper football club is run after years at Manchester United.

This week, Butt said Newcastle had gone backwards and claimed: "We need someone to come in and change the whole club."

Even more damningly, he added: "We need to put this season to bed and kick on next season - you seem to say that a lot at Newcastle."

Maybe Butt will be banned from the ground, too.

A season which began with a draw at Old Trafford and a decent amount of goodwill towards Ashley, was turned on its head by Kevin Keegan's departure.

You will not find any religious zeal for 'the Messiah' here. When the going gets tough, Keegan always gets going.

But when you consider the final straw for Keegan was the August deadline-day signings of Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez, you have to admit he has a point.

Striker Xisco has cost the club £7million for one goal, while Gonzalez is rumoured to be jockeying Shergar back in his native Uruguay.

The backlash against Keegan's exit forced Ashley to announce he was flogging the club, making the manager's job a no-go for anyone with a serious track record. Hence, the arrival of Joe Kinnear, who had not worked for four years since leading Nottingham Forest towards relegation to the third tier of English football.

Of course, Kinnear's recovery from heart surgery is more important than any football match.

Incidentally, I was banned after a People Sport story which claimed the manager had suffered a health setback.

The club say this is false.

Newcastle have won five times in 29 matches under Kinnear and Hughton, yet Ashley has offered them new contracts.

Currently, the club is in limbo under Hughton, who has never looked comfortable as a No 1.

Conspiracy theories say Ashley wants the club to be relegated so he can cut costs but no self-made multimillionaire can be that stupid. It's difficult to get a handle on Ashley when he says so little but you can get an idea from the people he surrounds himself with.

Asked what he thought of the fans branding Ashley's crew the Cockney Mafia, Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias thought it was all rather droll, saying: "The one thing about fans is that they chant some great stuff.

"They are funny and they are so quick. When I saw that Cockney Mafia banner, I thought 'that's their statement', so I had a wry smile. People said I was being smug - I wasn't."

Smug? Never. Condescending? Perish the thought. Llambias just loves those waggish Geordies with their song about going to see them Bleedin' Races.

It's 40 years since those Newcastle fans saw their team win anything.

Whether they stay up or go down, the fans who will be put through the mincer during the closing weeks of the season, were at St James' Park for many years before Mike Ashley arrived.

And they will be there for many years after he's scarpered.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/kidd/

Guest toonlass

22 March 2009

I got banned from St James' Park this week - there must be 40,000 Geordies who wished they'd suffered the same punishment.

Don't fret, I'll muddle through without the insight of a Chris Hughton press conference or the beauty of a tackle from Joey Barton, Danny Guthrie or Kevin Nolan.

Besides, if I really wanted to get in, I could always dust down that old Groucho Marx disguise and buy one of the thousands of empty seats, which would once have been unthinkable at the Toon.

There was a time, not so long ago, when you had to wait years to get a season ticket at St James'.

So perhaps the greatest achievement of Mike Ashley's reign is not the way he has led such a major club to the brink of relegation but the way his regime has crushed the spirit of an entire region.

Don't take my word for it, take the word of vice-captain Nicky Butt, a man who knows how a proper football club is run after years at Manchester United.

This week, Butt said Newcastle had gone backwards and claimed: "We need someone to come in and change the whole club."

Even more damningly, he added: "We need to put this season to bed and kick on next season - you seem to say that a lot at Newcastle."

A season which began with a draw at Old Trafford and a decent amount of goodwill towards Ashley, was turned on its head by Kevin Keegan's departure.

You will not find any religious zeal for 'the Messiah' here. When the going gets tough, Keegan always gets going.

But when you consider the final straw for Keegan was the August deadline-day signings of Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez, you have to admit he has a point.

Striker Xisco has cost the club £7million for one goal, while Gonzalez is rumoured to be jockeying Shergar back in his native Uruguay.

The backlash against Keegan's exit forced Ashley to announce he was flogging the club, making the manager's job a no-go for anyone with a serious track record. Hence, the arrival of Joe Kinnear, who had not worked for four years since leading Nottingham Forest towards relegation to the third tier of English football.

Of course, Kinnear's recovery from heart surgery is more important than any football match.

Incidentally, I was banned after a People Sport story which claimed the manager had suffered a health setback.

Newcastle have won five times in 29 matches under Kinnear and Hughton, yet Ashley has offered them new contracts.

Currently, the club is in limbo under Hughton, who has never looked comfortable as a No 1.

Conspiracy theories say Ashley wants the club to be relegated so he can cut costs but no self-made multimillionaire can be that stupid. It's difficult to get a handle on Ashley when he says so little but you can get an idea from the people he surrounds himself with.

Asked what he thought of the fans branding Ashley's crew the Cockney Mafia, Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias thought it was all rather droll, saying: "The one thing about fans is that they chant some great stuff.

"They are funny and they are so quick. When I saw that Cockney Mafia banner, I thought 'that's their statement', so I had a wry smile. People said I was being smug - I wasn't."

Smug? Never. Condescending? Perish the thought. Llambias just loves those waggish Geordies with their song about going to see them Bleedin' Races.

Whether they stay up or go down, the fans who will be put through the mincer during the closing weeks of the season, were at St James' Park for many years before Mike Ashley arrived.

:clap:

22 March 2009

:clap:

We should all have that printed on T-Shirts and wear it instead or our Toon tops for the Chelski match, think SAshley would get the message then?