Lines.....women!?

dinotheprehistoricgeordie

I was watching the Inter Reggina match the other day and I happened to notice that one of the linesmen was a lass. Does anyone know if this is common in Italy / other leagues. Also are there any female refs in the game?

Brunette with the ponytail? Seen her a few times.

Maybe they should get this lineswoman over to the UK!  :kasper:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/article.html?in_article_id=54475&in_page_id=46

Playboy pick Brazilian lineswoman

A controversial Brazilian lineswoman has attracted further criticism for opting to raise her profile by stripping off for a steamy photoshoot with Playboy magazine.

Ana Paula Oliveira, 29, rose to prominence in Brazil in May when she wrongly disallowed a goal during a Copa Brasil match and was given a three-game suspension by the footballing authorities.

Oliveira has not been picked for any top-level games since and referee's chief Edson Rezende admits her decision to take the Playboy deal could be bad for her football career.

'If she took that decision, it's because she must have other career thoughts,' his spokesman claimed.

Oliveira, who has previously campaigned for women's rights, will appear in the July addition of Playboy after revealing her mother urged her to go ahead with the photoshoot.

However, fellow lineswoman Aline Lambert is less convinced, claiming posing naked is 'incompatible with the profession'.

But all the negative press is unlikely to make an impression on Oliveria, who is reportedly set to make £125,000 from the deal.

Some safe for work pics.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m286/Petit_Lion/Ana%20Paula%20Oliveira/AnaPaulaOliveira04.jpg?t=1237849578

http://www.harikatanga.com/wp-content/ana-paula-oliveira03-hakem.jpg

Apparently she shit the bed on a major decision and hasn't reffed a top flight game since. She'd probably fit right in.

Guest Ebolarama

Apparently she s*** the bed on a major decision and hasn't reffed a top flight game since. She'd probably fit right in.

Most male officials regularly shit the bed on everything each week. But because she's a woman she got binned promptly. Ahh, football! A forward thinking game!  :rolleyes:

Guest toonlass

I definitely think it would work here. Just imagine, woman referee, that time of the month, player looks at her sideways and BAM, sent off! No arguing with her or she'll deck you! And this is coming from a woman!

Seriously though, would the players give a female more respect cos she's female?

Guest ItalianMagpie

I was watching the Inter Reggina match the other day and I happened to notice that one of the linesmen was a lass. Does anyone know if this is common in Italy / other leagues. Also are there any female refs in the game?

Her name should be Cristina Cini, or something like that. As far as I know she's the only female in italian professional football, but there are some more in non league football. No refs anyways.

I'm sure there was a lass running the line at a match on the Championship programme on Sunday morning.

There's a couple out there in the Football League.