OMG

Skirge

f*** OFF THEN YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE CHEATING c***, GOD I HATE THE b******  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Manchester United fear Cristiano Ronaldo could quit English football because of a lack of protection from referees. (Daily Mail)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1164276/EXCLUSIVE-United-blame-weak-referees-battered-Ronaldo-plots-exit.html

You're kicking me out: United blame weak referees as battered Cristiano Ronaldo plots his exit

EXCLUSIVE By Matt Lawton

Last updated at 11:52 PM on 23rd March 2009

Manchester United fear Cristiano Ronaldo could be driven out of England by weak refereeing in the Barclays Premier League.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson and members of the Old Trafford hierarchy had been increasingly confident of keeping the world's best player beyond the end of this season.

But what Ferguson describes as a lack of protection for his player is becoming a major concern for the English and European champions, particularly after Ronaldo clashed with referee Phil Dowd at Craven Cottage in Fulham's surprise 2-0 victory on Saturday.

The relationship between Ronaldo and leading referees appears to have disintegrated and, while United accept that the Portugal winger is partly to blame, they argue his apparent disrespect for match officials is his response to their failure to protect him.

Ronaldo has become a popular 'tactic' in the Premier League and statistics do prove that he is fouled more than any other United player.

Now there is a real worry that the opportunity to make a summer move to Real Madrid in Spain, where referees are less tolerant of challenges, is becoming a more attractive proposition to the FIFA World Player of the Year.

Yesterday Dowd and his colleagues came under fire from Pat Crerand, a United legend long seen as a strong Ferguson ally.

In an extraordinary attack, 1968 European Cup winner Crerand slammed the current crop of senior English referees in response to the late dismissal of striker Wayne Rooney during United's defeat at the weekend.

Manchester United legend Paddy Crerand

‘We have worst referees God created’

Rooney was sent off after a second yellow card when he angrily threw the ball back towards the referee. Paul Scholes was also sent off earlier in the match for handling on the line.

'We have a situation in England at the moment where we have the worst referees God ever created,' said 70-year-old Crerand (above, right), who is employed by United's official television channel MUTV as a presenter.

'The Scholes sending- off decision, you couldn't argue with that.

'But the Rooney dismissal was a farce. United are losing, he wants to get on with the game, he picks the ball up and hurls it about 40 yards straight to team-mate Jonny Evans.

'I know the referee's in that vicinity but it landed straight at Evans's feet. And the referee sent him off.

'I think referees want to do something to be noticed and get their photo in the papers. The sending-off of Rooney got him noticed. They talk about respect in the game but referees have got to earn it.'

Rooney will not face any further disciplinary action, the FA have confirmed after Dowd stated he was not sworn at by the player.

This means Rooney will be suspended for only one game, the home match against Aston Villa on April 5.

The FA will write to Rooney, however, to issue him with a formal warning about his conduct after he punched the corner flag while leaving the pitch.

An FA spokesman said: 'We have clarified with Phil Dowd that there was no abuse from the player after he was dismissed.

'In relation to the incident when he punched the corner flag, the referee did not see that and we have written to Wayne Rooney reminding him of his responsibilities

An FA spokesman said: 'We have clarified with Phil Dowd that there was no abuse from the player after he was dismissed.'

Is that a joke?

Everyone saw that fuck Rooney going mental at Dowd and calling him every name under the sun. Maybe if Dowd made a bigger deal of it, twats like Rooney wouldn't get away with it.

Guest toonlass

Nothing to do with the massive pay day awaiting him in Madrid then?

Exactly what I was thinking. Gives him a lovely excuse when he leaves for Spain in the summer.

Just to be fair to Man Utd, the only quotes in that piece are from Paddy Crerand, when they say 'what Ferguson describes as a lack of protection', they must be assuming he would think that.

I think Ferguson is a much cleverer manager than to whinge about protection of his players, except in a post-match knee jerk.

Guest Heneage

I love how he complains about that, but has the cheek to launch his tanned legs at Clint Dempsey on Saturday, and sees no problem in that.

Guest Heneage

I love how he complains about that, but has the cheek to launch his tanned legs at Clint Dempsey on Saturday, and sees no problem in that.

:hom:

I didn't say lovely darling.