Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously Gerrard. :lol:

I'm not really in any position to vote as i haven't seen anything other than the Premier League this season, and even that's been with half-baked interest. But the general concensus seems to be Messi.

I'm not really in any position to vote as i haven't seen anything other than the Premier League this season, and even that's been with half-baked interest. But the general concensus seems to be Messi.

to me it's in the head versus below the head - messi, ronaldo & gerrard all have technical skill but for me the physicality of gerrard/ronaldo mean they don't need the upstairs part...messi has it all (- the physicality) and that's why he's the best

he does his thinking with his head not with his body so to speak...a scalpal vs a hammer...

to me it's in the head versus below the head - messi, ronaldo & gerrard all have technical skill but for me the physicality of gerrard/ronaldo mean they don't need the upstairs part...messi has it all (- the physicality) and that's why he's the best

he does his thinking with his head not with his body so to speak...a scalpal vs a hammer...

He's surprisingly tough IMO, can take a knock.

aye yeah, but you've seen the SIZE of gerrard and ronaldo right?  they knock people of the ball when they're on the run - messi will never do that, is what i'm getting at

aye yeah, but you've seen the SIZE of gerrard and ronaldo right?  they knock people of the ball when they're on the run - messi will never do that, is what i'm getting at

He doesn't need to though as they can't get anywhere near him.

Watching Messi play is absolute poetry in motion. Everything is so natural to him. If you compare the dribbling styles of him and Cristiano for example, all of Cristiano's stepovers etc seem pre-meditated and forced, and they don't look as fluid. When Messi is running with the ball it's all instinct, he'll have the ball under such control that a defender will think they have a chance of actually taking the ball away from him, but his feet are so fast they are lured into thinking this. So they then commit to making a challenge or stick their foot out thinking they have a good chance of getting the ball. Then with in the blink of an eye due to this Messi has already skipped past the defender. It's absolutely beautiful to watch.

Yes Ronaldos well renowned for his strong physical strength and ability to stay up in a 1-1 battle

He doesn't need to though as they can't get anywhere near him.

Watching Messi play is absolute poetry in motion. Everything is so natural to him. If you compare the dribbling styles of him and Cristiano for example, all of Cristiano's stepovers etc seem pre-meditated and forced, and they don't look as fluid. When Messi is running with the ball it's all instinct, he'll have the ball under such control that a defender will think they have a chance of actually taking the ball away from him, but his feet are so fast they are lured into thinking this. So they then commit to making a challenge or stick their foot out thinking they have a good chance of getting the ball. Then with in the blink of an eye due to this Messi has already skipped past the defender. It's absolutely beautiful to watch.

all agreed

i watched him play a game this season and he went at the defenders twice and scored twice by skinning them; the third time they were expecting it and he played etoo in for a pass instead

it's all upstairs, he reminded me of a footballing muhammed ali with an anti rope a dope

it was a joy to watch

Even though he's been injured for the last few months I'd still rank Totti up there as one of the best in the world. The Totti who plays in Serie A btw as he hasn't quite done it for Roma on the biggest stage. His reading of the game and passing range are phenomenal.

Yes Ronaldos well renowned for his strong physical strength and ability to stay up in a 1-1 battle

he's hampered by his antics...90% of the time defenders are bouncing off him imo...or never getting near him