Who is the best player in the world?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great quote from Ronaldinho about Messi I saw in today's Telegraph: [On receiving the Ballon d’Or in 2006] “This award says I’m the best player in the world, but I’m not even the best player at Barcelona.”

That is a brilliant quote. I actually remember an article in FourFourTwo around that time, probably around 2004/2005 actually when Ronaldinho was at the peak of his powers saying that Messi will be much better than him. Can remember me and my mate laughing it off as ridiculous at the time, I mean Messi looked great the moment he broke into the team but never would you have thought he'd go on to become what he is now.

Great quote from Ronaldinho about Messi I saw in today's Telegraph: [On receiving the Ballon d’Or in 2006] “This award says I’m the best player in the world, but I’m not even the best player at Barcelona.”

That is a brilliant quote. I actually remember an article in FourFourTwo around that time, probably around 2004/2005 actually when Ronaldinho was at the peak of his powers saying that Messi will be much better than him. Can remember me and my mate laughing it off as ridiculous at the time, I mean Messi looked great the moment he broke into the team but never would you have thought he'd go on to become what he is now.

awaits alpal coming along with his insight into this one

Guest The_Miz

Its quite insane that their is somebody in the world better than C.Ron, but Messi somehow does it. As Neil says, those two top...then everybody else.