PFA Player of the Year

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just seen a bit of a debate arising in the World's Best Player thread, so thought it deserves its own.

Who do you think has been the best player in the country this season?

For me, even though he's had 2 mares recently against us and Liverpool I think Vidic deserves it.  He's been fantastic.  Gerrard's only started to excel towards the second half of the season, although if he can inspire Liverpool to win the League he will no doubt get it.

There certainly hasn't been a standout candidate like in years gone by that's for certain. Which of course is surprising as the Premiership is the greatest league in the world. [/sky Sports]

The player in our team who grabs his teammates balls en masse and hauls them out of the torpor they've fallen into. (Won't be Owen that's for sure).

I couldn't give a shite who wins the official player of the year, why don't you add that as an option?

Vidic, Ireland or Torres (who for some reason isn't on the list).

Erm.. he's only played half their league games this season.  And he's only scored 1 goal in the Champions League.

You must be thinking of last season.

Vidic, Ireland or Torres (who for some reason isn't on the list).

Erm.. he's only played half their league games this season.  And he's only scored 1 goal in the Champions League.

You must be thinking of last season.

If that's your reasoning, why is Giggs on there?

Because it's obvious he's going to be on the shortlist.  Wouldn't be my choice, though.

Giggs has had an exceptional season, especially given his age, but it would be purely based on nostalgia to vote for him.

I agree. I'd probably go with Vidic if I had to pick one. Gerrard would be up there, bit difficult for me to willingly admit to that one though...

What about young player of the year? I'd have thought Bassong should be in with a shout, no-one immediately springs to mind (not sure if Rooney/Ronaldo count still). Gabby A until a couple of months ago was excellent, possibly one of the youngsters from Everton (Gosling, Rodwell). Denilson?

Jagielka deserves a nomination in player of the year at the very least.